Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
In Mobius Final Fantasy, one of Ardyns abilities is Sword of the Wise, the first royal arm you earn in FFXV

HOW COULD THAT BE HIS SWORD IF HE DIDN’T DIE?
+ Read the description of the sword.

Also, who would this be then?
I don't think Ardyn's actual sword in the main game is sword of the wise. The description especially doesn't add up.

I'm under the impression the building of the wall was something that happened leading up towards Regis and Noctis's time, when civilisation was becoming more advanced, not back in the old days when Ardyn was still mortal and the world still looked medieval somewhat (as hinted by the Ardyn concept art of him riding the chocobo)

He's got all the Armiger weapons, save for the sword of the father, so perhaps they just gave him that sword because, well he needs to have a weapon in that game and they just went with that :p

We don't know what his default sword is.

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
I don't think Ardyn's actual sword in the main game is sword of the wise. The description especially doesn't add up.

I'm under the impression the building of the wall was something that happened leading up towards Regis and Noctis's time, when civilisation was becoming more advanced, not back in the old days when Ardyn was still mortal and the world still looked medieval somewhat (as hinted by the Ardyn concept art of him riding the chocobo)

He's got all the Armiger weapons, save for the sword of the father, so perhaps they just gave him that sword because, well he needs to have a weapon in that game and they just went with that :p

We don't know what his default sword is.
Before I saw Mobius, I did think of the Royal arms being way later than the first king (Ardyn) as you said, and that Regis as the 113th king (Noctis gains 13 Royal arms last belongs to his father) I thought that either they just want the doomed number 13 or that the Royal arms belong to the later 12 kings and queen (Trident belonged to an oracle so) ..

It might be as you said that in Mobius they just picked the first one cuz first, because in the XV Guide book Bestiary section they put Ardyn with the Bow of the Clever might be randomly or a hint "clever" "versed"...
Anyways I went deep with those arms cuz LORE!

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Top notch showcase, makes me more excited to see what the PC version's visuals will look like for FFXV.
I'd be more excited for it if the game wasn't such a disappointment, maybe on the PC we can mod the Leviathan fight and make it good this time.
Honestly though there is a 60/40 chance of the PC Version being up to standard at least, but honestly I don't expect much.
Though Tabata saying he doesn't want to do a simple port(even though that is all this game deserves but whatever), gives me a glimmer of hope, a glimmer of hope that the PC Version won't be a substandard mess as in locked frame rate, locked resolution, poor optimization, though I know for sure crossfire/SLI support is going to be garbage. That being said though Square's competence with PC Port's in the past, this being made on Luminous, and it taking a year to adapt the engine to PC, I have some pretty low expectations that the consumer PC Version of FFXV will be anything stellar. If it's Square's GTA V then great, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an enhanced Lightning Returns.

That being said though I can't wait for NVIDIA's Volta to go against AMD's Navi, I'll pick the best out of the two so if/when the FF7 Remake get's a PC Port, I can run it at 3440 x 1440 assuming Square doesn't fudge a PC Port of that game, which I very much expect them to.

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
Omg these guys... Haven't checked it out yet, but if this is harder than the Tyraneant quest then this is gonna be one huge ass struggle lol

Note: That's also the entrance to Gladiolus' DLC area =D
It's not harder than Tyraneant even though you fight 10 Coeurls then 3 Cactuars then 300+ Sabertusk then Dread Behemoth .. it's a fun hunt XD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Lol that's an interesting take on things.

I've always thought the name Lunafreya was nice. The surname too.

The names in this game are so unusual that I can't help but like them. But then again I've always had a thing for Latin so I'm biased.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Lol that's an interesting take on things.

I've always thought the name Lunafreya was nice. The surname too.

The names in this game are so unusual that I can't help but like them. But then again I've always had a thing for Latin so I'm biased.
I prefer her Japanese name - Lunafrena (more difficult to pronounce, but a bit more consistent). Rather than translation to something like "Moon goddess", she becomes "girdle of the moon".

Arg! Why did they have to cut out the stuff with the moon? Makes no sense!

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yeah it would've been nice if they kept that in. I wonder what the story behind that red moon was? It was very intriguing.

The Red Moon in Zelda was pretty rad. I'd imagine it would've been something like that.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Yeah it would've been nice if they kept that in. I wonder what the story behind that red moon was? It was very intriguing.

The Red Moon in Zelda was pretty rad. I'd imagine it would've been something like that.
Im pretty sure at some stage of production both Night and Moon were mean a lot more than we get :C

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'd argue that the night still has meaning, though i too wonder what the red moon would have lead to since we've only ever known it's existence with FFXV.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I prefer her Japanese name - Lunafrena (more difficult to pronounce, but a bit more consistent). Rather than translation to something like "Moon goddess", she becomes "girdle of the moon".

The same reason why the cut most of the plot time constraints, and fitting it into one game.