Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I was going to make a joke about Nomura drawing Noctis again meaning something, but then remembered that's against the rules now. Thank goodness.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Completed Comrades. The story beats at the end were cool, if a bit hackneyed. (Seriously, the 15K (or so) kW needed for Galdin Quay was to power up all those lanterns they hung on the plot). It still was grindy, though there are faster missions to farm power, items, etc. And it seemed the load times got even longer.

The battle system hung up, even against the higher-level enemies. There's still the issues with some fights where the hitboxes and just general patterns of enemies are obtuse
like the Behemoth King
and some missions are just damned unfair, but it was much improved over the main game.

I guess I'd give it an 85 overall. Updates can only make this expansion better, and I look forward to seeing what BD2 comes up with next.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Completed Comrades. The story beats at the end were cool, if a bit hackneyed. (Seriously, the 15K (or so) kW needed for Galdin Quay was to power up all those lanterns they hung on the plot). It still was grindy, though there are faster missions to farm power, items, etc. And it seemed the load times got even longer.

The battle system hung up, even against the higher-level enemies. There's still the issues with some fights where the hitboxes and just general patterns of enemies are obtuse
like the Behemoth King
and some missions are just damned unfair, but it was much improved over the main game.

I guess I'd give it an 85 overall. Updates can only make this expansion better, and I look forward to seeing what BD2 comes up with next.
Well FFXV is a first of many this generation. It may have lacked some things, but it sure made a big ripple in the possibilities of the future. Just hope we don't get another EA shitstorm with SE...

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Ok so how are the ATR's going to work? One will be Japanese and held at one time, the other is in English and held at another time?

I agree with Paperchamp. It must really be special for them to host an English ATR.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7g4cjl/ffxv_dev_team_is_grateful_for_a_great_year/

from FFXVJP twitter:

"Ever since we delivered FFXV to everyone around the world, we are now almost nearing our first anniversary. For us, to be able to reach this day, it's all thanks to everyone who expressed their sometimes kind and sometimes harsh words. All of us at the studio, we are truly grateful from the bottom of our hearts.
Please continue to support FFXV!"

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
thought it would be less formulaic since it was the game's anniversary (expect the english livestream to be better in this regard).

also thanks a lot for translating shuya

edit:

"Cleared players - 64% bought the season pass. 25% didn't buy. 27% bought EP.G.
People who did not clear 41% bought 50% did not buy"

seems like a good number bought the dlcs.

"Top update ranking - Ch13 galdio path/font size update/updated items and accs
Worst update - Collaborations
Most wanted updates - Event story scenes/playable characters"

"In regards to Versus - like where it changed and how it changed. Lots of comments for Versus as well."

drama/

Last edited: