Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
If it isn't true, then I hope Tabata and co. actually see it and say: "Hey, forget about wasting resources on an alternate ending, let's focus on those 4 things instead!".
anyway, 2 characters dlcs following 2 expansion areas dlcs doesnt fit too much with the "series" idea... i think.

ugh they should just release the roadmap already.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
anyway, 2 characters dlcs following 2 expansion areas dlcs doesnt fit too much with the "series" idea... i think.

ugh they should just release the roadmap already.
Yeah, as much I try to guess it, I know I'm probably totally off because of that statement. It would be nice to know rather than waiting a year to figure out what the last DLC will be.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
I think EVERYONE is taking what Tabata said a little too harshly.

I have no doubt in my mind that each one will be meant for completing the actual story and world of the game. I highly doubt he goes to repeatedly say "i want to use these next 4 DLC to fully complete FFXV" in every recent interview just to focus on Alternate endings lol. It's important to remember that.
Yes, but it's also important to keep in mind that they have stated that how well the Royal Edition does will be a key factor in the future of the upcoming expansions, so how "complete" they will be, for now, isn't entirely set on stone. When there's the possibility of those expansions being cut down due to the Royal Edition underselling, then it's understandable that people don't want an alternate ending to take away any additional resource from them.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yes, but it's also important to keep in mind that they have stated that how well the Royal Edition does will be a key factor in the future of the upcoming expansions, so how "complete" they will be, for now, isn't entirely set on stone. When there's the possibility of those expansions being cut down due to the Royal Edition underselling, then it's understandable that people don't want an alternate ending to take away any additional resource from them.
Well I'm also trying to say that if any of them did lose any sort of funding, I highly doubt an alternate ending is their first priority to keep lol

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The more I think of it, the more I doubt a happy ending WOULDN’T take time and resources away from the 4 upcoming DLCs/expansions. If a happy ending means both Noctis and Luna survive, it would mean a complete redo of the game from chapter 9 onwards. Luna doesn’t die, so Noctis and Gladio don’t fight in the next chapter. If Ignis doesn’t go blind in the happy ending, then the entirety of chapter 10 is obsolete, as is every cutscene and scene thereafter where he is blind. With Luna alive, Ravus doesn’t have a motivation for betraying the Empire, so Tenebrae isn’t attacked in retaliation. Noctis doesn’t have his meltdown in the train mourning Luna, there’s no need for the flashbacks in the flower fields, Ravus isn’t killed, Noctis doesn’t have to sacrifice himself so his conversation with Bahamut is unnecessary, and so on, and so forth.

The two other ways I can see this going down are:

Noctis and Luna (and perhaps other characters like Ravus, Jared, Regis, etc.) are REVIVED at the end by means of some mumbo jumbo. But the power of revivification would come completely out of left field given that, until now, it hasn't been part of the in-game lore (at least for humans), and would completely undermine the stakes of the narrative. If you can revive someone, then the story loses all sense of urgency.

Or…

The alternate ending is triggered during chapter 9, basically skipping what’s left of the story (like they did in Episode Ignis) so they don’t have to rework anything... which would be a horrible way to finish the story, basically skipping half of the game (including the entire third act/Tenebrae/Episode Prompto/etc) and finishing the main story at around 10 hours (probably less) or so.
The revival option is the obvious solution, once one considers how that might actually work.

What is the core theme of FFXV? Salvation comes through sacrifice.

How, then, might one go about restoring the world? Through the willingness to sacrifice oneself utterly for the world.

Episode Ignis Verse 2 already suggested that the crystal's power could do Noct's will if he was willing to cooperate with its plans for him. All you really need to do is take that to its logical conclusion and go full apocalypse -- through his sacrifice, the sacrificial king achieves the power to remake the world and combine visible and invisible realms.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Honest question: Where do you all think Episode Ardyn will take place? I personally always imagined it taking place in Niflheim with his car (he has a freaking car), but in a part of Niflheim we haven't seen yet (the whole southern part of the continent is impossible to see).

Any other ideas where it may take place?

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
There has been sooo much wasted resources in this game it's ridiculous, Assassins Creed festival, Moogle festival, timed quests, stupid costumes, alternative endings. All resources they could have used elsewhere. Instead what do we get? Unfinished game, a buggy Comrades that's also half complete and episodes that feel disjointed from the main game. Episode Gladiolus for example is stupid when you think about it, if you try to go to where the episode starts in the main game it's just a wall, a fricken path leading to a wall lol. That's why it should have been integrated in the first place, instead of menu's on the main screen.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
[QUOTE="Vankwisha, post: 60098, member: 4055"]There has been sooo much wasted resources in this game it's ridiculous, Assassins Creed festival, Moogle festival, timed quests, stupid costumes, alternative endings. All resources they could have used elsewhere. Instead what do we get? Unfinished game, a buggy Comrades that's also half complete and episodes that feel disjointed from the main game. Episode Gladiolus for example is stupid when you think about it, if you try to go to where the episode starts in the main game it's just a wall, a fricken path leading to a wall lol. That's why it should have been integrated in the first place, instead of menu's on the main screen.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will be able to successfully integrate the character episodes into the base game in the future.

I do agree that some of the things that was worked on for the game weren't a good idea, or a waste of resources.

For some reason, I think the endorsements and co-ops helped in part to pay for the game's ongoing development and production, so I don't mind them as much only of the grounds that they're funding the project.

The only thing I find truly a waste is Comrades.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The revival option is the obvious solution, once one considers how that might actually work.

What is the core theme of FFXV? Salvation comes through sacrifice.

How, then, might one go about restoring the world? Through the willingness to sacrifice oneself utterly for the world.

Episode Ignis Verse 2 already suggested that the crystal's power could do Noct's will if he was willing to cooperate with its plans for him. All you really need to do is take that to its logical conclusion and go full apocalypse -- through his sacrifice, the sacrificial king achieves the power to remake the world and combine visible and invisible realms.
Ooh, I like it. Very Lightning Returns.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
since Tabata asked if the fans wanted a super happy or bad ending, i would go with bad ending.

happy endings are overrated.
Well, if you really wanted to make a "bad" ending, you could have one of the DLCs imply or outright state that the Starscourge will always return in some form. That would have Eos and its people trapped in a never-ending and destructive war between light (Crystal/Astrals/Chosen) and dark (Starscourge or equivalent), with the tragedy of Solheim or similar things with Niflheim and Lucis doomed to repeat ad nauseam, even if each tragedy is separated by millennia. That's the darkest additional conclusion I can think of with the existing lore and conclusion they have, which I don't think they'll change.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
I hope they mod the unused greatsword and spear. The weapon design, or the lack of, was really disappointing.
I also hope there will be a mod/model swap to restore the weapons' size. The airstep sword, dragoon lance and force stealer in the final game are ridiculously small in size compared to before 2016

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Ooh, I like it. Very Lightning Returns.
In some ways, I suppose, but in others, it'd be kind of the opposite.

The way I understand it, Lightning Returns involves an inevitable apocalypse that Bhunivelze wants to use to recreate the world the way he thinks it should be, and Lightning changes the nature of the world that is about to come into existence by resisting Bhunivelze and denying him his ideal world. In the process, the world is shorn of all of its fantasy elements and humanity is able to live free from the shackles of the old gods.

My proposal for FFXV, in contrast, would reward Noct's obedience to the will of the gods and the crystal and result in a world where the fantastic would be even more closely woven into people's lives.

The comparison I would make is to the resolution that seems more and more inevitable for Kingdom Hearts where Sora opens the door to Kingdom Hearts and remakes the world. (That series, of course, has already introduced the possibility of remaking the world and seems to have little other way to right what is wrong in spite of Nomura's clear desire to end by making everything right, hence my confidence as to the nature of its ending. =P)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I also hope there will be a mod/model swap to restore the weapons' size. The airstep sword, dragoon lance and force stealer in the final game are ridiculously small in size compared to before 2016
some weapons ended up so small that you can't appreciate their design anymore.

edit:

small trivia, you can see this model of taxi on the newest video showcasing Insomnia's expanded map

Last edited:

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
some weapons ended up so small that you can't appreciate their design anymore.

edit:

small trivia, you can see this model of taxi on the newest video showcasing Insomnia's expanded map

this is kingsglaive hq right? then i really hope that they will make it explorable in game :< damn, this city was so pretty in the movie...i lowkey have hope that there will be dlc with explorable, pretty insomnia :p but i guess i cant have everything T_T