Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I will definitely get episode Ardyn and Aranea (If they're canon). I really disliked Ignis' alt ending, made me cringe so bad, and because of that I won't buy the other two episodes if they're focused on alternative endings. I feel like SE has yet again missed a perfect opportunity to fix all it's wrongs. The more I think about it the more angry I get lol. At least with me not buying the alt dlcs I can have my small protest and not support it haha .

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
How are you guys planning to bear the wait?
Since I don't have a gaming PC, I'll just stalk forums to see what people come up with. Otherwise I'll just fool around with new features via the free updates they give (last year gave us free driving and character swapping - so maybe a big free update will happen in 2018?)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here and denounce DLC with 1 sentence descriptions.

It's VERY possible that while the 3 aside from Aranea are leading some sort of "changing fate" storyline, they could very well be incorporated into the main games story in reasonable ways. These episodes could be part of the main story and not separate DLC episodes directly.

Remember what Tabata said, they are "meaningful and substantial" to the main game and "complete" it, not separate, independent stories like the previous 3 were.

We have no idea how these will be incorporated.

Feb 19, 2018
Hopefully not, but alas, it sounds like it. Luna barely gets a presence in the game and when they decide to give her more screentime after fan demand it's only after her death AND via an alternate timeline and not the canon storyline AND yet again her motivations seems to revolve around Noctis. I REALLY want to be proven wrong, but that description doesn't bode that well.
To be fair everyone's motives in the game revolve around Noctis. Gladio's objective is to protect Noct, Prompto's is to be his friend and keep him from being lonely, Ignis' is to advise him and guide him, Cor's is to watch over his progress, hell Ardyn's motive is to see Noctis ascend so he can kill him. Not sure why people always single out Luna for this and bash her about it. Also like I said before the premise of her DLC was confirmed Luna's not a very great character to give an episode as she is when alive from a gameplay perspective, she's just too passive and weakened to really show any sort worthwhile gameplay opportunities unless they were to just go with a walking simulator where you just walk all around Lucis forging the covenants which we would only see 2 of before we catch up with her in Altissia. Afterlife Luna is the best place to make her playable since they can explain her suddenly being stronger and more offense based as her gaining new powers as part of ascending as the Chosen Oracle.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
Yo, so were any of those 4chan leaks on point regarding the DLCs?
The leaks where "Ardyn, Luna, Niflheim, Insomnia". The first 3 are on point (it sounds like "Aranea" will be expanding Niflheim). Unfortunately, the Insomnia one doesn't seem to be happening, though they mentioned they were thinking about doing episode Nyx originally, so that's where Insomnia may have come into play.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I think the bulk of the free updates, at least as far as major features go, will be for mods and Comrades as they said. Though as far as I can tell the character creation didn't specify whether or not it was a mod so potentially more major features like that could come to console as well.

It's gonna be a rough stretch till Summer but after that I'm pumped to try out the new Comrades stuff and dive headfirst into the level editor in the Fall. Should tide me over until Episode Ardyn drops, at least as FFXV content goes. Still plenty of other great games like Spiderman and Smash 5 dropping this year.

EDIT: Also I was thinking what if Episode Noctis is the super bad ending, seeing as he's "parting ways with the astrals?" We could see the culmination of these DLC stories and their "grand finale" in the form of a happy ending for another "Royal editiong" type thing.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The leaks where "Ardyn, Luna, Niflheim, Insomnia". The first 3 are on point (it sounds like "Aranea" will be expanding Niflheim). Unfortunately, the Insomnia one doesn't seem to be happening, though they mentioned they were thinking about doing episode Nyx originally, so that's where Insomnia may have come into play.
Honestly, I'm still praying that they can do those Ravus and Nyx episodes as a special thanks for people supporting then this whole time.

Feb 18, 2018
How are you guys planning to bear the wait?
*deep breaths"

God of war
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Persona 3/5 dancing
Detroit: Become Human
Mario Tennis
Dreams
Project Octopath Traveler
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Dragon Quest XI
Spyro Trilogy
Spider Man
Vampyr
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Red Dead Redemption 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Code Vein
No More Heroes 3
The World Ends With You Switch
Valkyria Chronicles 4
WoW: Battle For Azeroth
Super Smash Bros Switch

Do I have to keep going?

And there's probably gonna be even more games and announcements this year

Oh and of course, more FFXV & Comrades when new updates drop, think I sould be fine lol

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
To be fair everyone's motives in the game revolve around Noctis. Gladio's objective is to protect Noct, Prompto's is to be his friend and keep him from being lonely, Ignis' is to advise him and guide him, Cor's is to watch over his progress, hell Ardyn's motive is to see Noctis ascend so he can kill him. Not sure why people always single out Luna for this and bash her about it. Also like I said before the premise of her DLC was confirmed Luna's not a very great character to give an episode as she is when alive from a gameplay perspective, she's just too passive and weakened to really show any sort worthwhile gameplay opportunities unless they were to just go with a walking simulator where you just walk all around Lucis forging the covenants which we would only see 2 of before we catch up with her in Altissia. Afterlife Luna is the best place to make her playable since they can explain her suddenly being stronger and more offense based as her gaining new powers as part of ascending as the Chosen Oracle.
I don't know if you were trying to defend Luna's portrayal or not, but stuff like "Luna's not a very great character" and "she's too passive" does nothing but shed light on how poorly she's been treated by the developers.

And yes, indeed other character's motivations revolve around Noctis, but IMO:
1) I'm not saying other character's motivatons are that great either (I would like to see Gladio and Ignis have motivations other than protecting Noctis).
2) Luna's case stands out even more given her lack of screentime.

Feb 19, 2018
Not at all tbh. Ardyn and Luna were already dead giveaways, Aranea may be our "Episode Nifleheim" but I don't think anyone guessed or leaked these outright.
One of the most interesting things that I personally took away from when they were discussing Episode Aranea was the fact that they originally considered an Episode Nyx in its place. I'm honestly curious as to what it may have been about about though judging by the fact that that they used the movie to justify not giving him his episode I'm guessing they were just considering adding the events of KG as playable segments since people have been asking for the Insomnia invasion to be worked in somehow.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
One of the most interesting things that I personally took away from when they were discussing Episode Aranea was the fact that they originally considered an Episode Nyx in its place. I'm honestly curious as to what it may have been about about though judging by the fact that that they used the movie to justify not giving him his episode I'm guessing they were just considering adding the events of KG as playable segments since people have been asking for the Insomnia invasion to be worked in somehow.
The way they talked about Episode Nyx makes me wonder if it actually would be playable Kingsglaive. Knowing how the devs think about FFXV and the content they want to see vs what the fans want to see makes me think they'd sooner make Episode Nyx his backstory in Galhad and/or fighting for Regis before the events of the movie.

Feb 19, 2018
I don't know if you were trying to defend Luna's portrayal or not, but stuff like "Luna's not a very great character" and "she's too passive" does nothing but shed light on how poorly she's been treated by the developers.

And yes, indeed other character's motivations revolve around Noctis, but IMO:
1) I'm not saying other character's motivatons are that great either (I would like to see Gladio and Ignis have motivations other than protecting Noctis).
2) Luna's case stands out even more given her lack of screentime.
I was referring more to her abilities and potential play style. She has nothing interesting to offer from a gameplay standpoint while alive. My full statements was "...Luna's not a very great character to give an episode as she is when alive from a gameplay perspective, she's just too passive and weakened to really show any sort worthwhile gameplay opportunities unless they were to just go with a walking simulator..." I was both defending her as a character because her motives aren't all that different from many of the other main characters and I was justifying the DLC being set in the afterlife because that's where she displays the most opportunity to have any sort of engaging gameplay be crafted around her.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The way they talked about Episode Nyx makes me wonder if it actually would be playable Kingsglaive. Knowing how the devs think about FFXV and the content they want to see vs what the fans want to see makes me think they'd sooner make Episode Nyx his backstory in Galhad and/or fighting for Regis before the events of the movie.
Goddamnit they should still do this!!! Maybe this will be the "Royal Pack" of the complete edition :'(

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
yeah thats how Noctis wanted in the end, everyone alive.

the alternative segments are basically "i wish so" moments
I really didn't put that together when I first saw the image, just immediately assumed that was Regis :kefkalol:

Only when I looked at Luna and the girl with her did I realize something was off...