Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Do we have any theories if the alternate path in EP Noctis will be a standalone main menu selection or a decision in the game's narrative for the player to choose a path? Hopefully it'll be a choice in the story around ch13 that will either lead into the regular ch14 or a "ch14 B" that will play out differently. I'm trying to think in what point of the story we could see a decision being implemented:

alternative 1: before Noct goes into the crystal in ch13, maybe talk with Ardyn and choose to reason with him (but considering Noct was cussing him out throughout ch13 as he wondered the corridors and knows nothing of Ardyn's past, nor even met Bahamut to learn of his own fate, he has no motivation or information to reason with him).

alternative 2: when Noct meets Bahamut and learns of his fate, maybe Noct could say "no" - but I don't know how that would work. Will Bahamut kick him out and Noct respawns an hour later after being sucked in lol?

alternative 3: expanded EP Ignis alternate ending. If EP Ignis is integrated into ch9 then you choose if you fight Ardyn with the ring and go blind (normal game path) or you 'cooperate' with him and leave. But then the game would expand the second half where you play as the bros (minus Iggy, maybe have Aranea or Iris or Cor as a new party member to replace him) up to the end game where Iggy fights Ardyn in Gralea, dies, and then Noct manipulates the crystal to save him. And I guess the ending of that route from EP Iggy would need to be changed where Luna and Ardyn somehow survive.

alternative 4: this is pure fanfiction if I've ever seen one, but it would be for Noctis to reverse time or use a time-stitch with the crystal to remain in Insomnia and protect Regis/Luna/Nyx in the invasion lol..

but i think the biggest letdown was the lack of wildlife and npcs activities outside cities which made the world feel empty.
I was only about half upset when I realized the wildlife didn't follow a daily routine like in the 'word of wonder' trailers, but then the other half of me got upset too when I realized a lot of monsters got cut from the world and would only spawn when hunts for them were accepted :(

Downloadable now for PS4 & XB1, Switch release schedule for sometime later.
neat~
(switch owners finally got XV)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Might not be new news on the upcoming episodes or even news about the Comrades updates that only have about 2-3 weeks of summer left to meet the deadline but at least it's something to keep us busy I guess.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
FFXV has total sales of 8.1 million worldwide now. SE says they will celebrate FFXVs 2nd year at TGS.
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs18/lineup/ff15/

edit: Actually might not be at TGS celebration, it's just saying the 2nd anniversary will be in November. Though Pocket Edition HD is gonna be at TGS so we might get an update on the DLC and Comrades, since it says FFXV will be at the SE Megatheatre at TGS.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
FFXV has total sales of 8.1 million worldwide now. SE says they will celebrate FFXVs 2nd year at TGS.
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs18/lineup/ff15/

damn wasnt the last sales update at 7.5m?

Do we have any theories if the alternate path in EP Noctis will be a standalone main menu selection or a decision in the game's narrative for the player to choose a path? Hopefully it'll be a choice in the story around ch13 that will either lead into the regular ch14 or a "ch14 B" that will play out differently. I'm trying to think in what point of the story we could see a decision being implemented:
based on the datamine, Noctis would have the option to deny Bahamut's request during their talk but that was changed, i posted about it here if you want to take a look.

Feb 19, 2018
Unless some kind of miracle happens, 8 (plus hundread thousands) millons is where the lifetime units will remain, for at least the XV of this console generation. Still pretty good number.
I'm thinking if they play their cards right they can reinvigorate enough interest in the game through the second season of episodes and especially through a fully completed edition of the game which should draw in people that have been holding out until everything is out or people who forgot about it and will decide to knock it out of their backlog of games since it'll be in the spotlight for a while longer. Also if Square manages to give this game the type of longevity Skyrim has had through its modding community then we should see quite a few more people invest in the PC version just for the possibly endless stream of in depth user created content. Square has a potential goldmine on their hands with the modding community so hopefully they give them the tools necessary to let completely loose.

Feb 19, 2018

damn wasnt the last sales update at 7.5m?

based on the datamine, Noctis would have the option to deny Bahamut's request during their talk but that was changed, i posted about it here if you want to take a look.
Was this datamine in regards to the main campaign or was it info about Episode Noctis specifically? Cuz if it was meant to be in the main game then holy shit, maybe Episode Noctis isn't as out of the blue as we thought.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Was this datamine in regards to the main campaign or was it info about Episode Noctis specifically? Cuz if it was meant to be in the main game then holy shit, maybe Episode Noctis isn't as out of the blue as we thought.
Considering I do help Sylva out, I can say: main game, and he effectively has it working as a cutscene from what he's told me. Not the only particular choice prompt moment either that's been missing, and may potentially pop up again.

Sylva's also mentioned before that the replica Regalia and other stuff were partially in the game before, and references to expanded Insomnia which was also mentioned as being incomplete in his findings, and what I've read from the raw text he's sent me to explain any words to him.

So that would be why he's made a few particular comments in his last topic when people kept trying to tell him it was for DLC, since he's complained about the above before too.

Feb 19, 2018
Considering I do help Sylva out, I can say: main game, and he effectively has it working as a cutscene from what he's told me. Not the only particular choice prompt moment either that's been missing, and may potentially pop up again.

Sylva's also mentioned before that the replica Regalia and other stuff were partially in the game before, and references to expanded Insomnia which was also mentioned as being incomplete in his findings, and what I've read from the raw text he's sent me to explain any words to him.

So that would be why he's made a few particular comments in his last topic when people kept trying to tell him it was for DLC, since he's complained about the above before too.
Damn so this means Episode Noctis is all but officially confirmed to be a missing piece of the original story and is actually gonna tie it all together. Color me excited.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Damn so this means Episode Noctis is all but officially confirmed to be a missing piece of the original story and is actually gonna tie it all together. Color me excited.
Sylva's been pretty angry about it, since from what he said it sounds like so was the Royal Edition stuff as well.

Luna seems like she was supposed to be in Royal Edition, as well as the other content. There's also stuff about Ardyn in Japanese if you read Sylva's large pastebin link with some translations. There's some notes from me and a couple of other people in there and some of the other ones about words to clear things up for him.

The last topic isn't all he's found so far, but it's pretty frustrating to see. Sylva's actually going to be even worse about it all if it ends up as DLC.

Feb 19, 2018
Sylva's been pretty angry about it, since from what he said it sounds like so was the Royal Edition stuff as well.

Luna seems like she was supposed to be in Royal Edition, as well as the other content. There's also stuff about Ardyn in Japanese if you read Sylva's large pastebin link with some translations. There's some notes from me and a couple of other people in there and some of the other ones about words to clear things up for him.

The last topic isn't all he's found so far, but it's pretty frustrating to see. Sylva's actually going to be even worse about it all if it ends up as DLC.
Sounds to me like BD2 was running out of time again what with Tabata and most of his team leaving for Luminous studios or other business divisions to help work on projects that are due soon right after the RE came out. Plus with Square only green lighting the second wave of content last minute I can see why they may have ultimately cut the content since they probably weren't sure if they'd be able to make the deadline and add anymore content to their, at the time, last update to the game.

It's definitely frustrating learning that all this stuff was already in the files but if there's one thing I learned is that Square has pretty poor management skills that more often than not result in devs being stretched thin and not being able to fully realize the projects they set out to make. I'm just hoping that with this new "in development till it's ready" philosophy they've adopted for the second wave stuff we'll truly get everything they intend to give us and that Square's meddling higher ups don't cause us to miss out on anymore content.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

alternative 1: before Noct goes into the crystal in ch13, maybe talk with Ardyn and choose to reason with him (but considering Noct was cussing him out throughout ch13 as he wondered the corridors and knows nothing of Ardyn's past, nor even met Bahamut to learn of his own fate, he has no motivation or information to reason with him).

alternative 2: when Noct meets Bahamut and learns of his fate, maybe Noct could say "no" - but I don't know how that would work. Will Bahamut kick him out and Noct respawns an hour later after being sucked in lol?

alternative 3: expanded EP Ignis alternate ending. If EP Ignis is integrated into ch9 then you choose if you fight Ardyn with the ring and go blind (normal game path) or you 'cooperate' with him and leave. But then the game would expand the second half where you play as the bros (minus Iggy, maybe have Aranea or Iris or Cor as a new party member to replace him) up to the end game where Iggy fights Ardyn in Gralea, dies, and then Noct manipulates the crystal to save him. And I guess the ending of that route from EP Iggy would need to be changed where Luna and Ardyn somehow survive.

alternative 4: this is pure fanfiction if I've ever seen one, but it would be for Noctis to reverse time or use a time-stitch with the crystal to remain in Insomnia and protect Regis/Luna/Nyx in the invasion lol..
Alt1: Given their history and assuming no direct impact from earlier DLC episodes in this sequence, yes this is highly unlikely.

Alt2: Possible. But there would have to be another force (Crystal/other) to take up Noctis's aid if the leader of the Astrals expels him.

Alt3: Can't comment much. But one person surviving without any other changes wouldn't shift things that much.

Alt4 is plain impossible. It skips round the entire issue of the Starscourge, which must be resolved somehow.

The way I see this happening is this: the DLC episodes have a certain point in each where the player can choose a path. One path takes each character down the route they took in the final game, leading to their eventual fates (mostly death). The other path is more challenging from a gameplay and narrative perspective, but it opens up new possibilities for each character. And Episode Noctis would be the biggest example, probably with that choice at the very beginning, and the save data or equivalent from early DLC episodes carrying over for special little cutscenes regardless of choice.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I hope they release another version with another subtitle that include everything until now plus the new 4 DLC's.
That's easy. They said in an interview that they haven't done a "Complete Edition" yes because it isn't complete. The Royal Edition was done for everything up to this point, and isn't confirmed to be the last edition of the game. I think we'll get a complete edition at some point, maybe without Comrades as that's being released as a standalone product.