Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Hmmmm how high are the chances that they'll go and release a "complete edition" of the game?
Royal Edition is the complete edition and I don't think Episode Ardyn warrants an entirely new edition of the game to be made. Like the others said, for now we'll see DLC bundles at most but an entirely new edition of the game probably isn't in the cards until one or two console generations down the line.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Royal Edition is the complete edition and I don't think Episode Ardyn warrants an entirely new edition of the game to be made. Like the others said, for now we'll see DLC bundles at most but an entirely new edition of the game probably isn't in the cards until one or two console generations down the line.
One generation seems more likely than two. A PS5/Xbox Scarlett port with the 4k assets from PC would likely be a very safe investment -- moreso, I'd argue, than FFXII for XBO.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Don't be sorry, it's a final fantasy xv thread. I had no problem with the video.
Yeah, I enjoy his content. At the end is just a guy having fun doing fanfics.
Really? You're OK with the idea of people trying to spread the idea that the cancelled DLC story stuff with the whole "Alternate Grand Finale" was the "REAL" ending to FFXV and not an alt timeline thing that they only first started even planning in 2018 that had no bearing on the actual main canon story?

I mean even in that same vid Pez still thinks Eos is an actual goddess known as the Goddess of the Dawn in FFXV, it's been over 2 years now. There's having a fanfic and then there's spreading blatantly wrong information that people take at face value as the truth.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Really? You're OK with the idea of people trying to spread the idea that the cancelled DLC story stuff with the whole "Alternate Grand Finale" was the "REAL" ending to FFXV and not an alt timeline thing that they only first started even planning in 2018 that had no bearing on the actual main canon story?

I mean even in that same vid Pez still thinks Eos is an actual goddess known as the Goddess of the Dawn in FFXV, it's been over 2 years now. There's having a fanfic and then there's spreading blatantly wrong information that people take at face value as the truth.
Opinions. It's not a cult he's a person sharing his point of view, there's not toxicity in that.
There's no harm on what he does in the same way that FFVIII was never harmed by the theories that surrounded it, even if Nojima deconfirmed them. If there's a plothole o lose end, let the fans have fun filling the gaps.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Opinions. It's not a cult he's a person sharing his point of view, there's not toxicity in that.
There's no harm on what he does in the same way that FFVIII was never harmed by the theories that surrounded it, even if Nojima deconfirmed them. If there's a plothole o lose end, let the fans have fun filling the gaps.
Saying that the cancelled alt timeline DLC was the "real" ending or that Eos is a goddess of the Dawn in FFXV are "opinions" is not only based on flawed and poorly formed reasoning that goes against what the game actual has established as canon and facts, but to also say there is no toxicity in that is also false since people desperate to attack XV will use anything they can including stuff from Pez's misinformed videos and "theories" to try and use against the game. Especially those still trying to prop up their precious versus crap.

FF8's fan theories were not predicated on the basis that it had its "REAL!?!" ending added years after release or on things that aren't originated from the game itself, the whole R=U thing started from things only within the game itself. Pez just thinks because the name Eos in FFXV, which only the name came from the goddess from Greek mythos of the same name who is the Goddess of the Dawn there, he thinks that just because of that it somehow means there is an actual goddess of the dawn called Eos in FFXV and he keeps using the image of the Oracle from the prophecy as if that was Eos, and he thinks that this supposed Goddess called Eos in XV replaced Etro too. Like, you can have a fanfic, but you can also be wrong and not be an idiot spreading blatantly wrong information for other people to regurgitate, because of stuff he says his otherwise uninformed viewers take his words at face value because there isn't any other Youtuber around to say otherwise and it makes having any actual discourse surrounding the game borderline impossible because people keep spreading misinformation.

Saying something is just an opinion is not a defense against being wrong or for spreading misinformation.

Like if someone went around for 2 years pushing their "opinion" that omg Noctis is really Ardyn in every single scene in the entire game because he can transform! and keeps harping on about it despite being proven wrong multiple times, and makes monetized videos with clickbait titles about the game with blatant lies, at that point what's even the point of being truthful or correctly informed about anything? Why not just lie about everything because clearly there's people willing to just get lied to non stop?

My problem with him isn't that he has an opinion, my problem with him is that he spreads misinformation and people defend him for spreading misinformation.