Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
If I remember correctly, we usually got the updates in mondays and dlc on tuesdays.
So the last update should come with this one the 25 right? And it has to be a different patch than the Comrades one because it no longer works inside the game in PS4... One day less to enjoy new content, hell yeah!
That would be good if that happened

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Especially amusing considering how MGSV & Andromeda were treated with their post-launch "plans" compared to FFXV's, which is still night and day.
Yeah, and FFXV's post-launch support was descent, all that's left for the game's post-launch support is the Episode Ardyn DLC, and the wait is killing me because I'm looking forward to it so much, and it feels this week is so slow to get there. But I'm hanging on, thankfully.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Yeah, and FFXV's post-launch support was descent, all that's left for the game's post-launch support is the Episode Ardyn DLC, and the wait is killing me because I'm looking forward to it so much, and it feels this week is so slow to get there. But I'm hanging on, thankfully.
What's ironic about FFXV's post-launch support is that, in the end, its downfall was that it was too ambitious. The majority of players would have found the support sufficient had it simply ended with the Royal Edition as originally planned... but once the Dawn of the Future plan was announced, anything less than that would inevitably seem feel like we'd been cheated of something that Squenix owed us.

I kind of suspect that the Dawn of the Future plan was announced before the planning for the extra DLC was even complete, and that it turned into a far bigger project than intended in the process of conceptualizing it. (Notice how Episode Ardyn barely released according to the original schedule in spite of being the only DLC the team was working on?) If Squenix had allowed LumiPro to only reveal Episode Ardyn and hint at further plans rather than revealing everything all at once, they'd have been able to cancel the other potential episodes quietly. But, since the entire project was announced, they ended up having egg on their face by cancelling things they'd already promised.

This all sounds fantastic. I am in love with the idea of making Ardyn wear ridiculous hats. XD

With regards to gameplay, the screenshots make it look like Ardyn turns into his daemon form after losing his first HP bar? That seems like a cool visual way to represent him being simultaneously more vulnerable to attacks and more powerful.

It also looks like daemonifying enemies is highly incentivized, since it not only gives you powerful special attacks but also makes your normal attacks have a huge multiplier. (It looks like a 12x multiplier for a ~60% full gauge? That's crazy!) They really want the player to roleplay Ardyn's cruelty. XD

Ifrit being summonable at-will is cool, and also makes the footage we've been shown so far a lot more difficult to put into a clear timeline. Ifrit does show up in at least one cutscene, but we can't be sure that just because he's in the party, what we're shown is after that event.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
those scans are hype.

two screens suggests night-time Insomnia, having dialogue options with Verstael is cool as well.

hopefully the reason Ifrit lends his power to Ardyn is not super generic.

Ibf its all potions and mega-elixir. The conquest aspect is just right for an invasion/terrorist attack scenario, but it wont mean a damn if its easy.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
those scans are hype.

two screens suggests night-time Insomnia, having dialogue options with Verstael is cool as well.

hopefully the reason Ifrit lends his power to Ardyn is not super generic.

Interesting.
Not only that, there are going to be hat shops, interestingly enough. Also, have we seen that section of Insomnia that was in the the third scan in any of the footage? I'm not sure, just need to make sure, as it's hard to tell due to the map's style.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
It's probably a safe guess that Ifrit joining Ardyn will be because Ardyn defeats him like Noctis does to Leviathan when she doesn't want to cooperate. Also they both know how it feels to be betrayed (Ardyn by Somnus, and Ifrit by the people and eventually his fellow gods). It's not hard to see the common ground there, doubt there'll be a deeper story to it than that.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Well it's, Ifrit hates humans so why would he be working with one? Wouldn't he just blow him away?
Because they're both aligned against the Astrals, assumedly. They both have the same goal to see the gods and their plans destroyed. This was what was assumed in the base game, so same applies here. Only tricky part is Ifrit's daemonification. After they updated his model the assumption changed to Ardyn had simply corrupted him and put him under his control, seeing Ifrit working alongside him in his pre-daemon form in the DLC changes that.

EDIT: Also based on the fact that you have to fight Ifrit as a boss first in Episode Ardyn it seems like his original plan was as you said, to blow Ardyn away lol

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Someone said why would they do an ATR on the same day the game is supposed to be coming out. Well, it wouldn't be the same day if it's delayed. Which they could do. You know them!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Someone said why would they do an ATR on the same day the game is supposed to be coming out. Well, it wouldn't be the same day if it's delayed. Which they could do. You know them!
The English announcement of the stream confirmed that Episode Ardyn would release in a week. The chances of a delay at this point are roughly equivalent to the chances of a meteorite hitting Squenix's headquarters and destroying the master copy of the DLC. =P

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
The English announcement of the stream confirmed that Episode Ardyn would release in a week. The chances of a delay at this point are roughly equivalent to the chances of a meteorite hitting Squenix's headquarters and destroying the master copy of the DLC. =P
Yeah, and the DLC was being adverised several times this month through small clips and screenshots on their English and Japanese Twitters, and now this Famitsu. And the English ATR is on 3 or 4 PM EST time, and updates/DLCs come out around afternoon most of the time, right? The DLC might be out before the ATR.

Last edited:

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
One of the biggest questions they're going to have to answer is what was that big charade in the throne room in Kingsglaive? How do they explain that? Either he knew and was just playacting or he didn't know and an event happened that erased his memory.