Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yes, but I havent seen anything FF15 x PS5 related?
I was only asking a question about if anyone here had seen it yet or not, as to my knowledge I didn't see any threads about it here on this site. Also, since the PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games, I thought I'd bring this up as FFXV might be be able to be played on the PS5, and speculations if there'll be a PS5 version of the game or not due to the backwards compatibility.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Given that we knew Luna could summon Bahamut in RE before it was cut, do you think it would have been similar to how Ifrit worked in episode Ardyn?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Mark Cerny used as an example how fast Spiderman load the screens.
I can see a patch with the 4K textures Xbox One X has, locked 60 fps and reduced load times.
XV would indeed get a boost in performance but I dont think the game itself will get a "new" patch to make use of the new console specs. So at most XV on PS5 would only get the PS4Pro enhancements patch but with more stability and consistency due the superior hardware.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
XV would indeed get a boost in performance but I dont think the game itself will get a "new" patch to make use of the new console specs. So at most XV on PS5 would only get the PS4Pro enhancements patch but with more stability and consistency due the superior hardware.
I don't know -- I'd expect a remaster (and maybe some additional content -- one can dream) for the PS5 given the re(-re)-releases of FFIX, FFX and FFXII.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Didn't know where to post this but seems like Tomohiro Hasegawa who was one of the Art Directors on XV and had been on the game since Versus has left Square Enix/Luminous Productions and now works at JP Games with Tabata under the title of "Game Creator".

ゲスト:長谷川朋広さん(ゲームクリエイター/JP GAMES株式会社)
Guest: Tomohiro Hasegawa-san (Game Creator/ JP GAMES, Inc.)
Luminous Productionsを経て現在、JP GAMESに所属。

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Episode Ardyn inspired me to make a long-form video analysis of the role of the Astrals in FFXV:

Hopefully, this particular interpretation can help smooth out some of the seeming inconsistencies between Episode Ardyn and the main game!
Just finished watching, very insightful! I always appreciate your take on FFXV, so thanks for choosing to share it with us here!

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Honestly I think that when Aera was killed, the Gods simply said oops and created a new and improved version of her. One that has healing powers because as far as we know Aera didn't even have the power to heal Starscourge so why would her lineage suddenly have that ability?

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Honestly I think that when Aera was killed, the Gods simply said oops and created a new and improved version of her. One that has healing powers because as far as we know Aera didn't even have the power to heal Starscourge so why would her lineage suddenly have that ability?
I think she was underdeveloped so we didn't get to see her actual powers. Her character was pretty confusing in the anime e.g. "The crystal has NO will of it's own"

She was pretty inconsistent across the anime and episode Ardyn instalment.