Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
FFXV made it into the top 20 games of the Heisei era poll that Famitsu recently held, where Famitsu asked their readers for their favourite games of the Heisei era (January 8, 1989 - May 1, 2019) and compiled a top 20 list from the games that were most voted on, with FFVII, FFX, FFXV and FFXI being the only FF's to make the list.

• 1. Chrono Trigger
  • 2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • 3. NieR: Automata
  • 4. Final Fantasy VII
  • 5. Okami
  • 6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • 7. Final Fantasy X
  • 8. Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
  • 9. Dragon Quest V
  • 10. Xenogears
  • 11. Vainglory
  • 12. Suikoden II
  • 13. Mother 2 (Earthbound)
  • 14. Splatoon 2
  • 15. Tactics Ogre
  • 16. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite)
  • 17. Kingdom Hearts
  • 17. (tie) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • 19. Final Fantasy XV
  • 20. Final Fantasy XI
  • 20. (tie) Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...f-the-heisei-era-as-voted-by-famitsu-readers/

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
So, when do you guys think we'll start getting bits and pieces of the novel being translated online? It's hard to believe that some people are right now reading what could have been Episode Luna or Episode Aranea.. I can't contain my excitement!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I dunno about translations, but I have found some things:

(Probably fanart, I would guess? Still really nice, though!)
I never really cared for the alternate endings, but I will take them if they happen without complaints.

Reading the bit mentioned earlier about Luna's moments after that event in Chapter 9 make me wonder if the book maintains that depth of emotion throughout. It was building up so gradually and had so much development even in that small section.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Finally, some real meat!

I'm not really a fan of the Luna redesign, tbh. (Is she infected with the Scourge? Her left arm has veiny black lines...) >_>; It'll be interesting to see who the girl (who doesn't appear to be Luna after all...?) and the goddess (I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess "Eos") are (and the roles they're meant to play), though.

EDIT: Oops, putting my own response along with the tweet meant I was a few seconds late. XD;

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Finally, some real meat!

I'm not really a fan of the Luna redesign, tbh. (Is she infected with the Scourge? Her left arm has veiny black lines...) >_>; It'll be interesting to see who the girl (who doesn't appear to be Luna after all...?) and the goddess (I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess "Eos") are (and the roles they're meant to play), though.

EDIT: Oops, putting my own response along with the tweet meant I was a few seconds late. XD;
I can't handle all of this. I think I'm going to have a heart attack. I will literally pay people to have them translate this novel - how can they not have an English release? SE really knows how to pain the fandom.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
The girl that would have been with Aranea from Aranea's episode is someone named
I can't believe they had more characters that were never introduced. I wish that Twitter user would actually read the novel, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. Might just have to wait on someone else to read and spoil us.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Luna

A child of the House Flueret of Tenebrae. She has the power to heal people by performing covenants with the Gods. It is thought that she was stabbed with a dagger by Ardyn during a summoning ceremony that took place in Altissia with the Goddess Leviathan, who slept at the bottom of the sea.

Solara

When the Niflheim Empire was destroyed, Aranea received orders from Emperor Aldercapt to protect this girl. Although she does not know it, she is important for the Niflheim Empire.

Noctis

The true heir of the Lucis Kingdom. A true King chosen by the Gods as an entity who pays a blood price to dispel the darkness. He was spiritually immature but grew greatly after traveling with friends. When he infiltrates the Niflheim Empire and touches the crystal, he is pulled inside.

Last edited:

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
When the Niflheim Empire was destroyed, Aranea received orders from Emperor Aldercapt to protect this girl. Although she does not know it, she is important for the Niflheim Empire.
Who could she be?!

Could the girl be connected to Solheim? Her name (Solara Antiquum) literally translates to "Of the ancient sun," or just "Ancient sun."

Solhiem is the "Home of the sun"... Hmmmm..

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
The girl's face and hair style and hair color look similar to the girl who spoke to Noctis in Chapter 12 about how he felt about his wedding, but that's only speculation. Also, that character based on the game's logo looks interesting, shame w enever got to see it in the game.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The girl's face and hair style and hair color look similar to the girl who spoke to Noctis in Chapter 12 about how he felt about his wedding, but that's only speculation. Also, that character based on the game's logo looks interesting, shame w enever got to see it in the game.
They look similar, but there are some pretty clear differences in their outfits and hairstyles, as well:

Tenebrae NPC.png

With regards to the logo character, I seriously have to wonder whether the use they've made of her in DotF is related to the role she had originally or if they simply decided to reuse the concept for their "grand finale." =/

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
That was my thought too, and she's also there while Aranea is there too.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I came to share these photos but I see that you guys were faster haha
I love Luna's design! She's wearing Kinsglaive clothes under the cloak (at least same shoes and pants... I think). So, alternate path...maybe it would be about Luna joining forces with Nyx during the movie and saving the city? :D The second photo of Luna is actually Versus XIII logo right? For the girl from Aranea's dlc...I have no idea. Boy, I did not expect that Square had so...interesting concepts ready. I thought that these DLC would be more about stuff we already knew/seen but needed a bit of explanation etc. Ohh, I want these DLCs so badly now! ;<
//also my guess is that girl on the 3rd photo is not Luna but Etro? Since these were illustrations for each dlc and only's Noctis wasn't very obvious and didn't feature him, maybe he met her while being in the crystal or something? idkkk