Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I keep reading different info about the black or white version for the EU, but in any case I think the black version is much more fitting considering this is how the logo's always been presented to us in the past (in trailers, promos etc).
Well, now the EU version is apparently black now. Don't know what's behind that. But from what I remember, traditionally for recent main FF titles in Europe it was the logo and some other piece of artwork on a white background. This marks an interesting change.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Now it's also black for EU
Speaking of changes, and ha ha to me I didn't see this before, the old crest is plainly on the RHS 113 Regalia licence plate. However, it is not on the Kingsglaive Regalia licence plate even though the surrounding border is the same design...so was the crest changed only for the movie, or has it been eliminated and replaced (almost) all together in the game as well.

Crestcomparo.png
Unfortunately I think its the latter. The new crest can be seen in brotherhood as well, that is clearly the same circle and they simply changed the background. The reason its not changed on the car is probably that you have to zoom way in to see it. Still, I'm dissapointed (and surprised given the attention to detail everywhere else in this project), because it is a reminder of how the game was going to be, and it seems they took all the other references out. It looks like they really did remove the reaper theme...its a shame and I think more and more that is the true reason that we won't experience the invasion in the game. There was Grim Reaper imagery almost everywhere. What the (original) Lucian crest represents is an explicit part of the Lucian culture and makes sense given the Latin meanings and implications of certain words --all this would have pushed the game to an M rating. Moving "playable" Insomnia to the end of the game, they can conveniently ignore all that because the city will have been basically destroyed.

Hopefully moving the starting events to Kingsglaive will work to keep the story making sense, and, since the rest of Eos seems potentially less controversial, the rest of the game is probably left unchanged, more or less. Still I'm disappointed. So often, I feel like they really should have scrapped the whole thing in 2013 and started over, if they knew the game lore and concept was going to be neutered like this ( yes this is conjecture).

If i'm wrong and someone can refute me (without any actual Kingsglaive spoilers) I'm totally willing to eat crow though:)

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Full render of the art for the box art.

There's more than three of them.
Wow, that's so amazing! Let's see, there are five figures visible, and three of them are holding weapons seen in the game (Far left - Shuriken; Middle right - sword; Far right - trident).

I really don't think they're the spirits of ancient kings. They're far too mechanical to be that. The one one the far left strongly reminds me of the central cloud monster from the Dawn trailer. One in the center still reminds me of the Kingsglaive unit horn motif. I'm still sure they're machine-like beings equivalent to or actually deities. Also don't think any of them are the goddess figure from the Genesis artwork. Oh, September, come as quickly as possible!

EDIT: This blog post on Square Enix's site has some dirt on the cover's creation. It also confirms that those figures a key to the XV narrative.

Last edited:

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Found that in the official forum..

This looks really epic.
The left one looks like Asura from IV with her 3 faces and holds a crossbow.
The right one has a trident like Luna.

Really curious who or what these things are, gods, knights, weapons??
Looking at them closer, each of them has a horn like the kingsglaive and Regis.
Does that mean they are allies and are connected to them?

Anyway, I will update my map and mythology very soon.
Of course without spoilers that we or most of us don't know yet like the movie Kingsglaive.

EDIT:
Ops, okay didn't saw that someone posted the pic earlier.^^

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Please, please, please, please don't post spoilers about anything from any leaks I'm this thread. No hints at them, no "I know something you don't". Not just in spoiler tags. People have been inadvertently spoiling things left and right thinking they're being coy or clever or whatever.

Imagine this game is like Game of Thrones. And if you read the spoilers, you'd be one of the "book readers". If a book reader says something to the effect like "wait to you see what happens next!" that ruins the surprise for the show watcher.

I feel like despite having never read a single thread about the KG spoilers, I feel like I've probably read about half of just from putting things together people think they're being clever about hiding. And one thing keeps leading to another.

An example today, in a thread about those big Monstery things on the cover art in a thread on gamefaqs, one person had to be all 'I know something you don't know' about it. Thing is, most of us didn't know there was anything more to the story other than that they were big bad monster things. Next thing you know, spoilers all over like its old news.

Please, please, please have some respect for the people who would like to continue talking about the game but don't want to be spoiled. The movie is not available to the vast majority of the fanbase yet. The game isn't available to anyone. We are not choosing to be lazy about seeing it yet. We have no choice. If the game has been out for months, fine, that would be our own fault, but we don't have that choice. Please just leave them to their own threads.

Had I not just been spoiled an hour ago, I would have just now.

Jul 16, 2015
I really fucking hate how no one seems to give a damn about posting spoilers or even potential spoilers from all the shit that has been leaked. It used to be fun coming here or other sites to discuss the game but now lots of people just blurt shit out without spoiler tags and assume everyone is up to date with leaks. I keep running into shit because of these people.

Jul 16, 2015
Are you seriously complaining about the boot design now? Really? lmao

Someone's been posting spoilers outside of the Kingsglaive spoiler thread? Haven't seen anyone been doing that in this thread or any other non-spoiler threads.
It seems people are alluding to them in their comments. I piece them together while reading the comments. I stopped reading some of the comments on this page for this reason. I am not naming names or going to get a bunch of shit started in here. I'm just getting pissed off about people not taking more precaution when typing. This is one of my most anticipated games ever and I keep running into things I shouldn't be reading in places stuff like that shouldn't be.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
There are a few. They're spoiler tagged, which is good. These are not bad people. I'm just asking that anything at all related to anything to do with leaks be posted in its own separate thread, not here. Just because it has a tendency to grow from there.

This other place I used to go to would separate GoT threads between book readers and show watchers. Anything even remotely to do with the books had to be in the nook thread. Not just spoiler tagged, because it's easy to think you're safe and click em. It kept it pretty drama free and it's just respectful for those who don't want to get spoiled. It worked.

I'm proposing that for this thread as well because it's a special situation. This stuff has not been released yet, and leaks aren't just teasers, that's full on turbo spoilers. That combo has a mind of its own.

Jul 16, 2015
I still don't see any leaks posted here.

I swear this spoiler paranoia is making some people a little bit too sensitive.
I've ran into quite a few spoilers on other sites in places they shouldn't have been. Trust me it isn't paranoia whatsoever. Is it possible that I'm mistook someones comments here for spoilers when they may not have been? certainly but there have been tons of leaks so I don't get what why you think people are paranoid when there is rational justification to assume people maybe saying a bit too much in some of their comments.