Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
The spoiler thread for FFXV should be created either when either the game releases or when people are starting to get their copies ealier.
Because KG is already out, I think we need it now...also @Kagari seems to have insinuated that there may be at least a kernel of truth to certain game "leaks" that have occurred..so we should tread lightly. Its a unique situation because as much as Tabata-san said we dont need to see the movie to play the game, it sounds like those who have seen the movie see things differently. Its more like KG is basically part of the game, (and well, it WAS when the game was still versus).

Ravus looks better in-game for me lol

Guys, a suggestion: how about creating a thread for general spoilers and theories about the game? It would certainly solve the problem of accidentally posting spoilers here. If news are released which contains spoilers, we can write a notification of the news title here and further discuss in the spoiler thread instead.
I %100 agree, its past time that that thread exists.

The girl in the car is confirmed to be Gladio's sister, Iris, from Brotherhood episode 3:

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/

She was in the Japanese Uncovered trailer:

:/
Wait. Have you
just indirectly implied that the theory is in fact true according to the spoilers? If so, that'd be pretty ironic, especially after your posts on the last page :D I haven't read any of the spoilers and was just speculating based on officially released material.
This thread right now is like witnessing parliament taking place except this isn't live footage, it's all text based. lmao

Also regarding with spoilers, it's obvious later on this forum will get its own spoiler thread with FFXV, there's no doubt about that. Unless some of you are new to spoiler threads in a forum, you know this will happen and you generally know how they work. You guys can relax for this one, rest assured.
@Koozek I think you should spoiler tag that post as evidenced by @DrBretto response (which I fully agree with) As an anecdote and example of this: I ran across a video on youtube that was speculating about the complete summon list for FFXV and it wasn't going off any spoilers, trust me dots can and will be connected at this point, let's try not to do it anymore in this thread.
I know you didn't know but yeah, thats one of the types of posts that should be in our hypothetical Spoilers FFXV thread, we are at that time finally! Also you may even want to spoiler that Ravus reference as well, since at this point it seems quite likely (especially based on appearance and (in game) clothing that he may well be a character who has been missing for a while...) I am speculating on this point of course, but see where that went for you on the other post..

...So, that cover right. I personally like it! I think I'm in the minority here, but I really do like the NA/EU front cover. I think it's a bit intimate to have Noctis looking at the player; it feels like he's allowing you into their group, letting you experience the journey with them. The background definitely hints at some story stuff that we can only anticipate as to what it might all be. Colors are nice, I like it! The only thing missing for me is the proper logo, but thankfully there's the reversible cover for that (I do wish it were white, though).

Ravus is far more handsome in-game and I'm happy about Iris being in the game!
For once, I think both are fine!

The spoiler thread for FFXV should be created either when either the game releases or when people are starting to get their copies ealier.
We are in minefield territory because full KG spoilers are out and its possible that some or all of those may imply things about the game itself. Also, we are finally less than only three months out: This is the time historically, that SE starts to spoil their own games with media releases. So please use caution, lol!

@Wazi the pa I think we need the spoiler thread already, Especially because KG is basically part of the game even though its just a movie.. On topic, what the hell is up with the clipping in that GIF, lol! I don't remember it being that bad in the actual uncovered trailer...yikes get your shit together SE!!

Last edited:

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
The girl in the car is confirmed to be Gladio's sister, Iris, from Brotherhood episode 3:

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/

She was in the Japanese Uncovered trailer:

And also Ravus in-game shot on Twitter. Looks worse than in Kingsglaive, imo :/
Cool, thanks for the information. The description says that Iris is a character with inner fortitude and that she flees from Niflheim's invasion and lives in Lestallum. As for Ravus, Jump says that what makes him memorable are his perception and his height.

And then the thing about Cindy is explaining how dialogue choices affect how scenes play out.

Those creatures are most likely the Knights of the Round. Based on @artsi's post on GAF, I whipped this up quickly:

Once Kingsglaive is out in other regions, we will know who or what these figures are. I like the concept!

Ravus looks better in-game for me lol

Guys, a suggestion: how about creating a thread for general spoilers and theories about the game? It would certainly solve the problem of accidentally posting spoilers here. If news are released which contains spoilers, we can write a notification of the news title here and further discuss in the spoiler thread instead.
The thought of creating a speculation thread has crossed my mind. Keeping news and speculation separate would be a good idea as the thread wouldn't become too bloated with unrelated topics.

Oh, awesome. Dengeki's confirmed that the "FFXV VR Experience"––I guess that's the one shown at E3 starring Prompto?––will be on sale beginning in October. Creators will be in attendance and all for a stage event. 300 people invited, both VR and the regular FFXV will be available for demoing.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Those creatures are most likely the Knights of the Round. Based on @artsi's post on GAF, I whipped this up quickly:

Well... If they are, it'll be a worse cheat than the oh-he's-the-final-boss Necron in IX. Still a chance they could handle it right, but it would still be disappointing. Design inspired by Knights, I'd believe.

And I thought the Knights of the Round were a summon... Tabata confirmed at Gamescome about the Dawn Trailer that those beings aren't summons.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Well... If they are, it'll be a worse cheat than the oh-he's-the-final-boss Necron in IX. Still a chance they could handle it right, but it would still be disappointing. Design inspired by Knights, I'd believe.

And I thought the Knights of the Round were a summon... Tabata confirmed at Gamescome about the Dawn Trailer that those beings aren't summons.
You're right about what Tabata said. I'd wait for Kingsglaive if I were you. ;)

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015

Summons could be seen as plural you know...

Last edited:

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
Definitely think it'd be a great idea to create a speculation thread very soon. People should still be mindful and tag spoilery information that they know, but it'll allow for discussions like this to happen without anyone who doesn't want to see speculation with hints - whether they're true or not - seeing things they don't want to see. I think we've got a good enough amount of material for people to start speculating a little bit, and it'll only increase from here until the game comes out. Best be safe than sorry.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Because KG is already out, I think we need it now...also @Kagari seems to have insinuated that there may be at least a kernel of truth to certain game "leaks" that have occurred..so we should tread lightly. Its a unique situation because as much as Tabata-san said we dont need to see the movie to play the game, it sounds like those who have seen the movie see things differently. Its more like KG is basically part of the game, (and well, it WAS when the game was still versus)
Soo, you're telling me that the guys who watched film already knew the plot of XV and played it in order to arrive to the conclusion that KINGSGLAIVE is necessary?

Something is off about their reasoning.

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
No, I don't think that's it. More that because the events in KG happen before the majority of the game, they set the tone for things and may clue the player into stuff he would have otherwise not known at all regarding the plot. I think contrary to what Tabata said, watching the movie AFTER playing the game will not really have the same effect. Likewise, either watching the movie by itself, or just playing the game by itself will not have as much impact. They are showing the movie before the game for a reason, and it sounds like this is the consensus opinion. I think even Sakaguchi-san himself said to watch the movie because it will make you want to play the game!

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
For us core fans, both will be totally necessary. But, I have a family full of non-gamers that want to see this movie, just because it looks awesome. Other than my 18 year old nephew, there is zero chance any of them will want to play the game. I think people like that will be just fine.

I agree with the overall, though, that there's NFW the movie and game aren't both mandatory for the core fans.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Soo, you're telling me that the guys who watched film already knew the plot of XV and played it in order to arrive to the conclusion that KINGSGLAIVE is necessary?

Something is off about their reasoning.
Chapter 1 will look very different if you watch the movie beforehand.

I've said this elsewhere, and I'll say it here: when you decide to watch Kingsglaive will depend on how much you want to know for the first chapter or two of the game. Do you want to go into XV clueless like Noctis about the events that actually transpire in Insomnia? Or do you want the omniscient view?

Once you watch Kingsglaive, you will view the trailers in a different light. That's what a lot of people (and even the official FFXVJP Twitter account) have said.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Chapter 1 will look very different if you watch the movie beforehand.

I've said this elsewhere, and I'll say it here: when you decide to watch Kingsglaive will depend on how much you want to know for the first chapter or two of the game. Do you want to go into XV clueless like Noctis about the events that actually transpire in Insomnia? Or do you want the omniscient view?

Once you watch Kingsglaive, you will view the trailers in a different light. That's what a lot of people (and even the official FFXVJP Twitter account) have said.
My comment was meant towards the thought that kingsglaive is essential/mandatory to understand XV.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
My comment was meant towards the thought that kingsglaive is essential/mandatory to understand XV.
As an example of what I mean:

It would be like someone saying that you need to watch all active time events in FFIX or watch all Jetxh's spheres in FFX, they are not necesary to understand the respective game, they give a bigger picture but otherwise they are not essential.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Yes, and I was trying to clarify. The only comments I've seen that say something like that are those saying that XV fans really should watch the movie beforehand. These are comments geared toward the Japanese audience, mind you.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that, but like in other Final fantasies where a player may see something the characters don't yet, it will give better context and maybe overall enjoyment for that player, especially those who followed the game from 2006.. Obviously those who don't want context and or don't care to see the film will not care and probably wont be missing anything as a result.

I feel like the timing of the movie release compared to the game is sort of a suggested viewing order.

God I want to watch that movie SO BAD right now, lol.
This, so much this!! Why do I have to wait til August for this thing? BTW, do you know if SE has given an indication when they will reveal which thatres and offer tickets for US showings?