Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Outside of Altissia, whats with the lack of field music in other areas shown? Hopefully they're just hokding back.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
Jesus, what's wrong with FFXV threads on neogaf? Apparently the graphics are shit and chocobos in FF are now a bad thing.
But no, seriously, wtf is it with them. I go there mostly for the early news and browse the threads a bit and they always go bananas in just a few posts. All of them. It's like they're cursed or something.
/rant over
Sorry to bring this up again but I just have to get it off my chest or I will freaking explode.

I get that FFXV isn't everyone's cup of tea, I really do, especially for people who prefer TB combat to Action combat. I just don't get why every achievement the game does is always undermined and ridiculed by the Neogaf community. Its always something they don't like or feel its done horribly wrong, I haven't seen one post of these "FFXV Offense Force" praising one thing the game proved that they excelled in.

People just don't get that with a big seamless world comes a lot of compromises to keep the game running on 30 FPS, not to mention that its running on a console, you'd think it'll be obvious at this point but nope. I've seen some seriously ridiculous posts on how the game looks like a PS2/PSP game, I mean what the hell? Why is it that games like The Witcher 3/Skyrim/Fallout get a pass on their obvious flaws in terms of graphics/technical aspects/ game play, but with FFXV the game can literally do nothing right. And don't get me started on these annoying "The game keeps looking worse and worse" or "K-pop group" posts in every FFXV thread, I am so over them that I can't even begin to describe it.

FFXV is doing amazing things in terms of animations, lighting, art direction, and yes, even game play. As terrible of a representation Platinum Demo was for the game play I can still do so much with it which is more than I can say about TW3 game play that everyone keeps praising when talking about FFXV. We haven't even seen the potential of it yet, imagine what you can do with the different weapons, special attacks, buddy links, elemental magic, and ring magic that you can integrate into the fight. This sounds more exciting than TW3 basic game play, but nope, FFXV is forever "hold O to attack" no matter how much evidence you show them.

The game looks so astonishing and amazing I just don't understand how can anyone undermine that based on some shitty screenshots or pre-alpha/beta footage. Comparing it to games like Uncharted 4 while conveniently leaving out the fact the technical details of each game and how one is a linear level based experience and the other one is a big seamless open world, just boggles my mind and ruins my mood quiet frankly.

People are so quick to judge the story and actually render it as "shit" when we haven't even played the game or got 1 good story trailer to base that claim on, but God forbid you call them out on that, as their "senses" are never wrong just like how they are right on the whole Versus original plot-line and concept *roll eyes*.

We've had amazing anime episode focusing on the bond of the bros, and an upcoming movie to ease us into the FFXV story/world (Which is highly praised might I add) but all of that means nothing because "the characters look like an emo band, the story must be garbage lolz".

Even when you prove them all wrong and point out that the game had to make some graphical compromises to uphold it's vision of a seamless open world they will tell you "Well, FF isn't an open world game, they shouldn't have went open world". Never mind that everyone cried about FFXIII being a freaking corridor for the longest time, but nooooo this time to serve argument purposes, it shouldn't be an open world game. I mean seriously ..

Sorry for the long post, I've been bottling this up for at least 4 months now lol.

Also, the FFXV songs by Florence are amazing, especially Too Much is Never Enough.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
It gets old. But, just try to remember that Neogaf gon' Neogaf. And internet gon' internet and don't let other people's ignorance get you down.
Oh I try, and I am planning to stay off the internet when the game comes out. I want to play this game without anyone's impressions in my head.

btw Too Much is Never Enough has some interesting lyrics that might potentially be about the game's plot.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
No, but you can judge the marketing. And I can't understand people praising it since it has been messy.
I never praised the marketing and I do think that PD and the Titan showing on MS stage was a mistake, but the amount of hate the game is getting can't be justified by just "bad marketing". As FFXV fans we've watched the ATRs and the other small showings they did for the game to let us know that the game isn't "garbage" as others claim it to be, at least we have a base to stand on while we voice our opinions, what other base do they have that hasn't been proven wrong so far.

If it was just a mere "I don't like the game because of this and that" then it wouldn't be a problem, everyone has their preferences and tastes and I understand that. But actually saying the game looks like a PS2/PSP game and that TW3 game play is better? Please ..

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
But actually saying the game looks like a PS2/PSP game and that TW3 game play is better? Please ..
Said comments can't be taken seriously. Even if the image quality of the game can be lacking at times, it doesn't nearly look like PS2/PSP games, though I'll admit some screenshots are so shit they look like a poor PS3 game. And no one's played the final version of FFXV to say if the gameplay is better than the Witcher's.

Relax. There's no need to get so worked up over this.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
The hate doesn't have a logical argument. It never did. Some people hate first and justify it later. They can't be like that in real life, so they do it online.

And, think about it. Imagine you're in a public place. Which scenario out there do you think gets the most attention: you go up to a stranger and bring up an interesting, nuanced point about something, or someone starts throwing feces at strangers? People love to be outraged. It sucks you in.

But, you have good eyes, its clear. You have a good understanding of what you're seeing, and you like it. You know exactly where they're missing something or when they're being irrational and stubborn. You know when they're worth listening to or not. It's ultimately on you to realize that the only thing you're getting upset about is someone else's dumbass ignorance.

I totally utterly get it, btw, It gets to me sometimes, too. And I hate to admit it, but I'm a little bit as addicted to being outraged by some of the rampant, in your face stupidity that's out there myself. But, in the end, you can't let it really get to you. It's gonna be there.

SilverGlyph

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 27, 2016
Apparently being very negative, pessimistic and cynical is the equivalent of being a cautious consumer. It's not just FFXV either, every game gets the brunt of it and is compared to TW3. I saw No Man's Sky get compared to The Witcher 3. Seriously?

Certain gamers just want every game ever made to pander to them. TW3 did it best and that's why that crowd loves it so much.

If being excited for games makes me a blind fanboy, then I'll take it any day over being a cynical asshole. Browsing forums like this one is a breath of fresh air.

(Sorry for being off topic! /goes back to lurking)

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
@Nye No need for apologies imo, your post perfectly sums up how i feel towards the hate brigade, especially on GAF for starters.

Leaving GAF in regards to FFXV related dicussions was one of the best decisions i've ever comitted to. Made me a thousand times more hyped for the game unlike the negative hivemind nancys there.

They rival 4chan and gamefaqs at this point.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The FFXV Season pass details are confirmed to be Gladio, Ignis and Prompto in their own special scenario and fully controllable (very interesting). Also, the expansion pack is in fact an online expansion. I wonder what exactly this will entail? I remember Tabata mentioning a LONG time ago him wanting to find a way to expand the playability of the game through the online feature, so this must be why it's in the form of DLC, as it's like a whole new game apparently.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
The Booster Pack is said to contain "powerful weapons that give you an edge in battle"... I really hope its not a cheese-it weapon. I hope its like "Base Weapon= 30 Att" "Booster Weapon=45 Att" and when upgraded it has better scaling or something, rather than being like 200 Att from the get go.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The Booster Pack is said to contain "powerful weapons that give you an edge in battle"... I really hope its not a cheese-it weapon. I hope its like "Base Weapon= 30 Att" "Booster Weapon=45 Att" and when upgraded it has better scaling or something, rather than being like 200 Att from the get go.
The Booster is also in the UCE as well, it's probably just giving you access to good weapons early on. Personally, I hate booster shit, so if I end up buying this, I'm not going to use it.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
This DLC is handled in a way that all DLC SHOULD be, and that's not creating DLC out of cut content, or creating DLC that you already have done before the game launches. DLC should be done after the game comes out for additional features. We already knew that they wanted to create content to extend the playability, the online being a huge part of that. Not only that, controlling the other characters needs to be a solo experience, as designing their playability into the main game would be unbalanced as all fights in this game are based around Noctis who has high mobility that the other characters simply do not have. So, developing the ability to play as the other guys as side content when it's not going to be in the main game is a waste of time.

Supplementing the huge cost of modern day game development while also designing new content and all being done after the release is more than anyone can ask for in DLC from a game.