Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Well hey, looks like we might get FFXVJP to 92,000 followers relatively soon. Btw, not sure if I read it correctly, but is it based on both FFXVJP and FFXVEN getting the follower limit for the next prize to unlock, or is is just 1 getting the follower limit that unlocks the next prize?

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
They look really cute. It's similar to the approach VII, VIII and, especially, X took, and I'm fine about that, as much as IX is my favorite rendition of them and prefer them being a real race.

Of course, in a game like this, had they been made actual creatures, they would have had to design them accordingly with this kind of realistic artstyle: I fucking DESPISE XIII-2's moogle. Fucking abomination I swear.

Their function is interesting too. Hopefully they reach their Twitter goal soon and we get a video or something like that.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I read the GAF thread, I know Bretto will get on me for this again but I dont think any spoilers past the first few chapters are right. (which that one is referring to) The 4chan leaker did leak stuff that was shown of at the start of the game sure. But I think that is all he got right. Tabata said not all leaks got everything right. So what did the leaker get wrong then? Well everything after the first few chapters which were shown at gamescom. Why would the leaker get things wrong if he had seen more than what we have seen?
I get on your for ignoring reality on the parts of the spoilers that have been confirmed confirmed confirmed. I won't get on you for not believing any particular additional factoid because that fits what we know, namely that this guy probably didn't have the whole story, and that Tabata says that no one's nailed it yet.

So, again, you can certainly believe that there's nothing left from those leaks that is true. Just don't use these massive logical leaps to deny that some of them have been confirmed and it's because that leaker absolutely had some inside info. It's ok. You can feel unspoiled at this point because you don't know what else may or may not be true going forward. My recommendation would be to either jump off the 'net entirely if you're particularly sensitive to them, or prepare yourself for the inevitablility that you'll run into something here and there.

Me, as more of a realist than some people want to think, lol, I'll accept anything officially released. But I'll disappear myself on the next leak. If you're referring to the same spoilers as I think (the stuff that comes from the ESRB rating description) that's the kind of thing you just have to accept is going to be out there.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Just wondering, did any of you guys catch how many followers FFXVJP needed when the count started? Cause EN needed like 5k (or something close). I mean, they wouldn't have two different amounts for the two different accounts right?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Also, Congratz guys :D 300 pages. That's pretty huge.
Yep, it's huge. But then, everything about XV has become huge at this point. Even arguing about how the team manage to sneak in a creature that clashes with XV's realism with only a year to spare in development (not that much time when it's possibly such a fundamental change in atmosphere and mechanics), lol.

I was prepared for something like this when they said it would be a token inclusion due to fan demand.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Also, Congratz guys :D 300 pages. That's pretty huge.

Biggest thread I've been a part of:

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/dfg-canceling-the-noise.10930/

This is the deflategate thread on a NE-based sports forum I go to. It's 783 pages, but that doesn't translate properly, as the pages here I think are 20 replies each. There, the default is 50.

This thread has 39,129 posts and 4.4 million views.

(Everything you could ever possibly want to know about deflategate is studied in great detail in there. The TL;DR is that nothing happened and Roger Goodell is a gigantic piece of shit.)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Only one thing i get from this is CPU usage otimization, everything else is just "ayyy lmao" for me. Kappa
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the meat of it, though. They were basically using half of the available resources for Duscae, and now that they are in the optimization phase, they're getting much more out of it.

And this is why you don't evaluate the graphics on an unfinished product when they flat out tell you that they haven't done this part yet.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
http://www.one-and-zero.com/single-post/2016/10/05/CEDEC-This-is-how-FFXV-was-optimized-6461-words

How the game was optimized.

(Still reading)

Edit: Too deep for me. I'm sticking with Voodoo.
I wanna see neogaf dudes pretending to know what the contents in the article mean and act high and mighty huehuehue. But seriously, I can't believe the game programming is that complex and incomprehensible. I kinda feel sad when a game fails to impress people and people say the game is utter trash and not worth to be played. All the tech stuff left unappreciated.