Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Its all great guys, but its still just random post from random member from official forums (not that i didn't believe that).
But we need original source of that.

PS: Im probably gonna change my avatar again, too much Noctis faces on the page. :p

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Its all great guys, but its still just random post from random member from official forums (not that i didn't believe that).
But we need original source of that.

PS: Im probably gonna change my avatar again, too much Noctis faces on the page. :p
It's a translation from a random post from a member I actually know fairly well. He's not one to exaggerate and he's been very knowledgeably throughout.

That's not the source, though. It's a lead. I'll ask him if he knows where it came from and who actually said it and what they actually said.

Edit: My prediction, BTW, based on the wording there, is that those quotes were both a misinterpretation from someone at the Japan Expo, and they were saying that the MS demo was only 30% of the full titan demo, and were just plain mistaken about the blizzaga thing. I'm not expecting this to end up confirming the rumor, rather to confirm the source so it can be considered debunked.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
One weird thing i noticed actually in comparision between two versions of the Titan battle, E3 and current one. In E3 version Nifs soldiers is already on the battlefield all around, trying to catch Titan, and Titan attacks them, which makes more sense than empty battlefield in current version of the game when Titan attacks noone just smashing ground, and even when Nifs soldiers is coming, they still stick in the back, and not on the actual battlefield. Really weird.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
One weird thing i noticed actually in comparision between two versions of the Titan battle, E3 and current one. In E3 version Nifs soldiers is already on the battlefield all around, trying to catch Titan, and Titan attacks them, which makes more sense than empty battlefield in current version of the game when Titan attacks noone just smashing ground, and even when Nifs soldiers is coming, they still stick in the back, and not on the actual battlefield. Really weird.
I'm hoping that the buildup leading up to this moment makes this all make more sense in the end. That really could be the source of it feeling hollow (along with hoping for that potentially phantom 70%)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
English gets A+
Japanese gets S
Spanish get *

We all would have totally gotten it if they just kept it the same all around, lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Welp, just had a quick chat with NoctisPendragon about that post about the Titan fight. He says that he remembers it 100% and those were comments being made by the devs at that event as reported through multiple people who were there.

Here is the actual source:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/dragees/forums/message/816003689

So, take it for what it is, but apparently, this apparently isn't the only one who made that claim, just probably the only one you could link to.

Alive!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Another thing I noticed is that they hit lvl 30 extremely quickly, before chapter 4 was finished. You think we are going past 100 in this game?

Edit: Electric Bombs in that vid too, towards the end.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Lestallum is full of live! So many NPC's. Of course its not Jump Festa 2015 level, but still, pretty amazing.

Also good catch from someone at Neogaf: no matter what weapon you use, Noctis will parry Titan with this Royal Sword that he acquired!

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Lestallum is full of live! So many NPC's. Of course its not Jump Festa 2015 level, but still, pretty amazing.

Also good catch from someone at Neogaf: no matter what weapon you use, Noctis will parry Titan with this Royal Sword that he acquired!
haha. Well, I hope that explains how Noctis could parry a billion ton rock man.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Back from work

I made a very bad error on my analysis it seems: Particularly the part where i mentioned the Titan's foot from JF 2015/E3 2016:

20161024_205945.png

20161024_205757.png

Its still very much present in the current game:

IMG_20161025_134539.jpg

I also believe this:

20161024_221753.png

Is likely to be this considering they're on a similar ledge, but without Promptp and Ignis. Plus they both show the Titan using his left hand:

Screenshot_20161025-135333.jpg

Theoretically speaking of course.

I apologize to everyone for jumping the gun. :X

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I apologize to everyone for jumping the gun. :X
Hey, it got me to get my internet sleuth on. Gotta do something to pass the time.

I'd say that given the comments about 30% and the different endings are both coming from the same singular source, via two layers of language barriers, I'm going to run with the assumption that that's it for the Titan fight, with like a 2% glimmer of hope there's more to it.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I've only watched until they get to Lestallum (around the 17 minute mark) and obviously don't remember everything said, but the guy is really happy with the game and can't wait for more. He specifically mentions how the game, while having some visual flaws (some low-res in certain places and such, to be expected in such a game) looks gorgeous.

He also says that the battles can be best described as chaotic, but in a way where that chaos is actually controlled and manageable once you get a hang of the system. However, most of he's saying is just obvious things or introducing its features to people who haven't been really following the game. If I notice something cool when I watch it later I'll post it.

Ah, there's a radio broadcast that mentions (incredibly mild spoiler):

Ravus returning to Tenebrae to treat his wounds, according to the army.

Also, something that put a smile in my face (that only applies to Spaniards I guess): Prompto ocassionally says "Allévoy". That word was used by Barret (instead of "Allá voy" in the original Spanish translation of FF VII and is, at this point, a recurring meme that proves just how horryingly bad that translation was (it's the only FF -afaik- that was translated from the English version, instead of the Japanese one and, for example, used "Fiesta" instead of "Grupo" to refer to "Party"). Seriously, even worse than the English one.

Right now, I've seen that the subtitles mimic very well what the English characters say. I hope that XV is also translated from the Japanese version: the translations for VIII and IX (the ones I remember the most) are absolutely terrific, and this game seems to be making some slight, but significant, changes in tone (Ignis, for example) that I don't really appreciate.

EDIT: Also, HOLY SHIT at the spoiler posted by DrBretto. Maaaaan. I fucking love them.

Last edited: