Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Interested to see if NG+ adds more than just difficulty and keeping your items. Previous tabata games added some stuff (extended endings, etc) so I wonder if anything will be added in this. Doubtful though.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The CEO battle DLC seems kind of ironic to me. I mean, the handling of Versus/XV probably made most of us want to beat up a Squenix CEO at one point, but that particular CEO isn't around anymore. xD Matsuda seems like a pretty cool guy.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
The CEO battle DLC seems kind of ironic to me. I mean, the handling of Versus/XV probably made most of us want to beat up a Squenix CEO at one point, but that particular CEO isn't around anymore. xD Matsuda seems like a pretty cool guy.
Matsuda is a finance guy who's been exactly what SE needed to right the ship. That includes making some tough calls, which probably made his employees want to beat him up too.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Matsuda is a finance guy who's been exactly what SE needed to right the ship. That includes making some tough calls, which probably made his employees want to beat him up too.
Maybe, but I haven't gotten any of the blatant "we hate this guy" vibe from Squenix's creatives about Matsuda that we got about Wada (remember when Kitase offhandedly mentioned wanting Wada as a guest who needs protection in a zombie game so he could just let the zombies have Wada? XD ). And Squenix actually seems to be doing good now, so there's that.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5fo1bm/if_you_havent_already_read_the_official_prologue/

This prologue talks about what Noctis and company were doing during the events of Kingsglaive to the point of where the actual game starts! :p

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/ff15/main_site/public/novella/FFXV_Novel_ENG.pdf

reading now

"IRIS Congrats on your wedding.

Noct winces slightly before flashing her a lopsided smile.

NOCT Little early for that. See ya.

Noct nods to Iris, and he and Ignis stroll off in the direction of his quarters. Iris watches as they walk away, her expression betraying the merest hint of sadness"

lmfao

there's a few "scenes" here i wish were in the game; very nice read, details like wtf drautos was doing with the audi car, where was cor in the invasion day, and so on...
Thanks for this. Had no idea it existed.

Gonna read it now.

Edit: Finished reading.

The scenes are so simple yet they add so much to the story and explain lot of things that didn't make sense before.

Nice little backstory.

Add it in SE!

Last edited:

Fireryu

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 24, 2016
from what I know cutscenes take up a lot of space for example FFXIII is stated to used 32.6 gigabytes just for cutscenes with only 6.8 gigabytes for gameplay. if anyone wants who has a PC with a blu-ray player they can compare FFXV's data with FFXIII's data.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
from what I know cutscenes take up a lot of space for example FFXIII is stated to used 32.6 gigabytes just for cutscenes with only 6.8 gigabytes for gameplay. if anyone wants who has a PC with a blu-ray player they can compare FFXV's data with FFXIII's data.
FFXIII had more CG compared to FFXV tho

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
FFXIII had more CG compared to FFXV tho
FFXIII didn't just have CG -- it had a ton of pre-rendered in-engine scenes. Like, I think nearly all of the in-engine scenes using the high-quality models were prerecorded, which wasn't particularly noticeable on the PS3, but almost certainly was on X360.

FFXV probably doesn't have any of that, just a few actual CG scenes.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/806376720186179584

Square Enix have plans to update/improve the game's second half story scenario (chapter 13 improvements included), along with making important characters playable.

EDIT: Full story

SQUARE ENIX has announced an update roadmap for the game FINAL FANTASY XV for the PS4 / Xbox One. Following the success of the 5 million shipments and downloads on the first day worldwide, an update roadmap was announced along with a comment from the director Tabata. Director Tabata’s comment: "Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY XV. FINAL FANTASY XV was able to achieve an amazing accomplishment, shipping 5 million copies worldwide on the release day. I would like to express my gratitude for everyone that has purchased it.

Currently I have heard many players around the world enjoying themselves. Players are pleased to be enjoying this new FINAL FANTASY, as well as the staff, we are really happy.

We’ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released. We will continue to update and we are planning to provide a more rich gaming experience to all players around the world. As a gratitude for exceeding 5 million copies, I’ve decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond the original plan and inform you of a concrete road map.

These are updates to make the FINAL FANTASY XV gaming experience more rich, and for longer playability, updates based on requests from players after the release, and in addition to DLC development reported previously. They will be given for free for the short term, mid-term, and long-term."

FINAL FANTASY XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals
First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13’s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals
Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where “What happened to Ravus?” was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it’s decided.

Long-term goals
We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy FINAL FANTASY XV for a long time.

Others
After clearing the game, you can carry your progress into a New Game. Finishing it at a low level, an invincible suit, we will offer various items that extend the range of play. Fonts displayed can be enlarged for easier reading.

For the already announced DLC, it is planning to be released as originally intended.

FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

On behalf of the staff and all players around the world,we hope you will enjoy FINAL FANTASY XV even more. Thank you for your continued support for FINAL FANTASY XV and the FINAL FANTASY series.

FFXV Director Hajime Tabata
http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/tabata-outlines-future-final-fantasy-xv-patches/

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Nice. I have some reservations about the story but I really like that he's able to say this a week after release. Here's to hoping they can actually do more with the story.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/806376720186179584

Square Enix have plans to update/improve the game's second half story scenario (chapter 13 improvements included), along with making important characters playable.

EDIT: Full story

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/tabata-outlines-future-final-fantasy-xv-patches/
So happy to hear this. Especially for the improvements to the story in the second half. Adding new events? Yes please!

I was hoping for this (weren't we all?) since Tabata and team were great with implementing feedback into the game and it's great that they're doing this.

Super stoked. Thanks for sharing :)