Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I apologize in advance for dragging this subject out, so I'll say my piece here before shutting up.

If BD2 removed certain scenes of Luna due "criticism over female representation", then there would be no reason for them to have kept Cidney's default design as is in the game we have now. Especially when Tabata went on record to publicly announce on a two year old ATR that they weren't going to change anything on her design even after Europe's feedback.

There. I'm good now lol.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Ikkin, no offense, but I was just sticking up for Koozek. You are free to not believe it all you want. My internet mythbuster super-sleuth is strong and I believe it is true, but no one is trying to convince you of anything either. I was just pointing out that it's inherently believable, even to skeptics, so try not to get too overboard arguing with anyone who does. This isn't like any random rumor. It has legs.

I'm sorry, I didn't read your post. No offense intended. The only point is to let people mention it without going off on them. We know you don't subscribe. It's all good.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
So you don't believe they will add a challenge mode to the main game?
What I am trying to explain is don't expect content that we already have to have influence on these episode DLCs. In regards to a challenge mode, I honestly don't know if they will do it or not.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
didn't tabata also mentioned a time trial mode for bosses?

i find it weird that they are making the car out of bounds when basic things like hard mode are still not included (not even a way to do a new game+ at level 1 smh).

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Ikkin, no offense, but I was just sticking up for Koozek. You are free to not believe it all you want. My internet mythbuster super-sleuth is strong and I believe it is true, but no one is trying to convince you of anything either. I was just pointing out that it's inherently believable, even to skeptics, so try not to get too overboard arguing with anyone who does. This isn't like any random rumor. It has legs.

I'm sorry, I didn't read your post. No offense intended. The only point is to let people mention it without going off on them. We know you don't subscribe. It's all good.
Koozek can believe whatever he wants. What really got my goat was that he was acting like he had some sort of independent confirmation of the rumors that he couldn't share Because Reasons.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
If there were a challenge mode announced, would you all want just higher HP caps or for certain enemy AI to react differently in addition?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
If there were a challenge mode announced, would you all want just higher HP caps or for certain enemy AI to react differently in addition?
Higher HP would do nothing but extend the amount of time it takes to defeat an enemy, so that wouldn't be ideal.

I think any challenge mode would need to limit use of curatives in some way. Putting them on a timer is probably the best way to go about it -- that way, you couldn't keep yourself alive just by making sure you had enough of them in stock.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
different AI and new moves would be ideal but that would require more work.

i think higher level and different enemy placement is a good start.

edit: like ikkin said, limit curative items (main reason the game was so easy) and maybe even make it so you gain less exp during quests and so.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'd prefer if they pretty much put an item restriction similar to

the Cor boss fight

Basically make the overall difficulty similar to that fight imo, would feel quite pleased if that was the case.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Noctis' dodge-phasing should consume MP while holding the defense button instead deplecting when dodging.

When warping to warpoints, MP should recharge at a slighty faster pace than normal MP regen (Like in Platinum Demo) instead of being instant full MP recover.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I'd prefer if they pretty much put an item restriction similar to

the Cor boss fight

Basically make the overall difficulty similar to that fight imo, would feel quite pleased if that was the case.
That is fine in a 1 vs. 1 situation/many since you have full control of your actions However, applying that to a party of 4 when you only have 100% control of one character is probably going to cause problems. ideally, I'd love to see more animations to factor in beyond higher hp pools and adjusted stats for damage. I doubt this will happen, but a rage timer could also be put in place. If the enemy isn't killed within a certain time period, it'll go into a berserk state that will auto kill characters unless attacks are invincibility framed. The auto-kills should negate the option to use phoenix downs like how an optional post game boss doesn't allow phoenix downs to be used which creates and auto-game over no matter what.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
That is fine in a 1 vs. 1 situation/many since you have full control of your actions However, applying that to a party of 4 when you only have 100% control of one character is probably going to cause problems. ideally, I'd love to see more animations to factor in beyond higher hp pools and adjusted stats for damage. I doubt this will happen, but a rage timer could also be put in place. If the enemy isn't killed within a certain time period, it'll go into a berserk state that will auto kill characters unless attacks are invincibility framed. The auto-kills should negate the option to use phoenix downs like how an optional post game boss doesn't allow phoenix downs to be used which creates and auto-game over no matter what.
That sounds like an interesting idea. I think something which might appeal is a kind of dungeon/boss rush hybrid, where escalating levels of powerful monsters - and later daemons - are thrown at the player in sequence, with HP/MP being locked and needing to be replenished using items rather than automatically/circumstantially recovering. That's still something I dislike about XV - that auto-recovery element. It strips away some of the challenge.

An alternate possibility is making Challenge Mode being just Noctis controlled, with him alone needing to fight against potentially strengthened enemies - no assist functions or anything, just him. Wouldn't work within the main story, but as a mode unlocked in New Game+, it might work. And as a bonus, maybe restricting Noctis to using one assigned weapon.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
That sounds like an interesting idea. I think something which might appeal is a kind of dungeon/boss rush hybrid, where escalating levels of powerful monsters - and later daemons - are thrown at the player in sequence, with HP/MP being locked and needing to be replenished using items rather than automatically/circumstantially recovering. That's still something I dislike about XV - that auto-recovery element. It strips away some of the challenge.

An alternate possibility is making Challenge Mode being just Noctis controlled, with him alone needing to fight against potentially strengthened enemies - no assist functions or anything, just him. Wouldn't work within the main story, but as a mode unlocked in New Game+, it might work. And as a bonus, maybe restricting Noctis to using one assigned weapon.
I like the waves of enemies idea that you have. Cutting off the auto-recovery on HP can also help increase the challenge of that. In regards to doing things solo with Noctis
it could fit within the storyline, but it would have to be in chapter 14 before he re-unites with the group.
I don't know how I feel about using a single weapon given how the various options for weapons is one of his stand out traits combat wise imo. Also, what if the spawns were to be RNG to some extent and there ends up being an enemy resistant to the weapon type Noct would be isolated to using?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I don't know how I feel about using a single weapon given how the various options for weapons is one of his stand out traits combat wise imo. Also, what if the spawns were to be RNG to some extent and there ends up being an enemy resistant to the weapon type Noct would be isolated to using?
I wasn't meaning locking it permanently, just in-battle instant magic switching being disabled. There would be one weapon in combat that the player would need to manually switch out for another single weapon. There'd still be a challenge involved, but the player wouldn't be knocked back to the last savepoint if they came upon an enemy resistant to a particular weapon.

If you really want to leave the challenge variable, make that an optional condition the player can choose whether or not to activate if they wish. Just that, not the rest. We must leave some difficulty in there, after all... There could be monetary or item-based insentives for putting these restrictions in place, but nothing vital so players won't be compelled to do so.

I'm sure there can be some story excuse for it.
Say, a land/room/tower/dungeon/realm of challenges created by the Astrals/power of the Stars/Crystal to test the True King on his own merits.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I wasn't meaning locking it permanently, just in-battle instant magic switching being disabled. There would be one weapon in combat that the player would need to manually switch out for another single weapon. There'd still be a challenge involved, but the player wouldn't be knocked back to the last savepoint if they came upon an enemy resistant to a particular weapon.

If you really want to leave the challenge variable, make that an optional condition the player can choose whether or not to activate if they wish. Just that, not the rest. We must leave some difficulty in there, after all... There could be monetary or item-based insentives for putting these restrictions in place, but nothing vital so players won't be compelled to do so.

I'm sure there can be some story excuse for it.
Say, a land/room/tower/dungeon/realm of challenges created by the Astrals/power of the Stars/Crystal to test the True King on his own merits.
I see. Thanks SonOfEtro for explaining that in more details. I have a better understanding of what you're going after. I agree with you that there is room in the story to fit it without being just totally random.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Pretty relevant. It appears that in Japan, Noctis is currently the #1 most requested FF character that fans want to see appear in Kingdom Hearts. Under him is Lightning, etc, going by the fan survey that was mentioned.

https://images.khinsider.com/2017 Uploads/04/KH15 Fami/15.jpg

Source:

https://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-15th-Anniversary-Feature-in-Famitsu-9005

EDIT: Full translation is up, total votes included:
Q13. Which Final Fantasy character would you like to appear in the series?
1. [FFXV] Noctis (237 votes)
2. [FFXIII] Lightning (201 votes)
3. [FFIX] Zidane (81 votes)
4. Chocobo (30 votes)
5. [FFV] Bartz (22 votes)

Last edited: