Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Noctis as an optional boss ftw. Somebody forced him to eat veggies which causes him to go on a rampage. 10/10 story quality battle set up.
In the tangled world, Noctis must work with Sora because Lunafreya is also trapped in the tower. As the woman almost always seems trapped in a Nomura story. Alternately - and more pleaseingly - Noctis could be being consumed by his darkness, and Sora must help Lunafreya or one of his other companions to help him overcome it.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Of course, this does beg the question of whether Nomura even wants to include Noctis in KH3 to begin with.

Mixed feelings would be in the air I'd presume.

Also, it's pretty awesome that Noctis and FFXV characters in general are getting lots of love.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Of course, this does beg the question of whether Nomura even wants to include Noctis in KH3 to begin with.

Also, it's pretty awesome that Noctis and FFXV characters in general are getting lots of love.
You know, I think this would require its own thread. Best save this for that. This is the "Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread" after all.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Considering that he said he viewed Noct as a son to him, I don't see why he'd be reluctant to include a character he created since inception.

Directorial shift or no, it wouldn't be similar as the Vivi situation where he outright wasn't comfortable with adding him on KH2 due to lack of design involvement ti'll staff pushed for it.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I dislike the XIII trilogy, but don't mind some of its characters. Lightning being one of them. I feel she had potential, but was mired in poor writing from untalented writers/directors. I'm hoping XVI will give Final Fantasy a proper heroine that's well-written and has a proper game behind her. Regarding a cameo in KH, I'd rather Nomura bring a close to Leon and Co.'s journey before inserting more Final Fantasy characters. There's been a sort of subplot with them that wasn't totally resolved in Kingdom Hearts II. Plus, I wouldn't want characters like Lightning and Noctis to appear in such a inconsequential manner like Vivi, Seifer, Wakka, Tidus, Yuna, Rikku, Selphie, etc. Being extremely high profile characters, they should have bigger roles to play in the larger narrative of the Kingdom Hearts Universe.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
In the tangled world, Noctis must work with Sora because Lunafreya is also trapped in the tower. As the woman almost always seems trapped in a Nomura story. Alternately - and more pleaseingly - Noctis could be being consumed by his darkness, and Sora must help Lunafreya or one of his other companions to help him overcome it.
If it's Nomura then It's going to be Stella not Luna

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I dislike the XIII trilogy, but don't mind some of its characters. Lightning being one of them. I feel she had potential, but was mired in poor writing from untalented writers/directors. I'm hoping XVI will give Final Fantasy a proper heroine that's well-written and has a proper game behind her.
Yeah, I really like Lightning and her strength compared to other video game heroines I've seen (still doesn't quite top Samus, Bayonetta or Lara Croft from my top VG heroines), but several bits of the writing (particularly LR, and especially its localized form) did a disservice to her character. If XVI has a female lead, it needs to be well-written and perhaps demonstrate a flexibility of what women can be.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i thought they portrayed her well in LR; even in the sidequests, we see her reacting to the npcs stories, sometimes even connecting some situation to her own, i wish they followed this approach in FFXV.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
i thought they portrayed her well in LR; even in the sidequests, we see her reacting to the npcs stories, sometimes even connecting some situation to her own, i wish they followed this approach in FFXV.
Yes, the side quests really helped. I think it was more to do with the limited range her English actress put into it. It's difficult to believe that same woman voiced Liara and Palutena. Maaya Sakamoto did the character more justice.

And yes, I think the side quests in LR were amazing. Each one was an incredible story in itself. We needed things like that in XV.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
XIII's english VA seemed to be more of a case of bad direction than the cast themselves imo (Vanille gasm tho).
i actually found the english VA alright, it was just vanille that annoyed me to no end... oh and sometimes serah.

the flashback scene with vanille apologizing to serah in the beach was unbearable... the delivery was so melodramatic and cringey; i mean i know this kind of stuff is highly subjective, but if your product is also targeted to the west... FFXV for once had more "human" interactions, i think they learned to find a middle ground.

edit:

omg

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm usually fairly tolerant when it comes to voice acting but Vanille was a whole new level of annoying... too much orgasm noises when trying to speak normally. I meant wtf?!?

Thinking back to FFXV, I don't think I have a problem with any of the voice actors and actresses here... Except maybe Luna?

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Final Fantasy XV wins Best Atmosphere + GOTY 2016 Reader's Choice from Game Industry News

http://www.gameindustry.com/event-coverage/gin-game-year-winners/

Bumped up to 9 GOTY awards thus far!

As it stands, after doing bits of checking, FFXV actually has the highest total amount of (specifically) GOTY awards out of any FF title in the franchise. S.E. done good. :cactuar::chocowalk::tonberry:

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
"It felt real to be a part of that group, making it exciting just to see what was around the next bend in the highway."

this, because it wasn't about the epic shit in the beginning, it was about four friends going into a trip doing regular stuff and saying nonsense here and there.

grats for the team.
I wouldn't call going on a wedding for Noctis to marry the Oracle regular stuff, the Insomnia fight would have been cool, but it wouldn't have worked for the story they made, after they heavily altered Versus XIII.