Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
SQ is way more competent doing games, so i'd rather have that.

about how related to the astrals his story is, i checked the ultimania translation (https://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19635) about the history of eos and it seems the war of the gods happened before he was even born.

in the ancient civilization of solheim, the gods resided with the people and then Ifrit betrayed them, then solheim is destroyed and lucis, tenebrae and accordo are formed... then the plague happens after i don't know how much.

it doesn't seem solheim will be explorable here, since it's gone.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
@Storm omfg thank you for that link!

I've been looking for the translation but was too busy to search properly.

Ah man. I was wrong about that then. Well I hope they at least explain why
Ardyn and Ifrit teamed up, and how that came to be.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
for damn sure, there's still that "mistery" to be resolved.

they'd have to deal with the hexatheon, either they want it or not lol.

there's plenty of things they could show anyway just to give some context, like the gods blessing the first oracle/king, the messengers, and the dlc would probably happen during the beginning of the lucis kingdom and so on.

edit: and yeah for some reason i thought the first plague happened in the old age.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So the bestiary update is out.

It's got lore for each enemy/character apparently. Very good news.

Here's an example:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75722427

I must say, reading this really does make a difference and is quite insightful. Never would've known that about Ifrit otherwise.

So Ifrit hates humans because he was betrayed by them, and he used to rule Solheim too.

Ardyn was to be the First King, but never got the chance to be.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
So the bestiary update is out.

It's got lore for each enemy/character apparently. Very good news.

Here's an example:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75722427

I must say, reading this really does make a difference and is quite insightful. Never would've known that about Ifrit otherwise.

So Ifrit hates humans because he was betrayed by them, and he used to rule Solheim too.

Ardyn was to be the First King, but never got the chance to be.
Makes you wonder whether it could have been any of the other Astrals, and what they would have done. Leviathan seemed more than ready to wash away the world. Scary. Very... well, very familiar.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Makes you wonder whether it could have been any of the other Astrals, and what they would have done. Leviathan seemed more than ready to wash away the world. Scary. Very... well, very familiar.
Ifrit and Leviathan definitely hated humans.

Ramuh and Titan don't give a crap lol

Shiva is the only one that seems to care somewhat.

Bahamut
is a douche.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So I'm seeing this comparison a lot lately.

I'm seeing people says they wouldn't mind Ardyn's game being done like Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

Haven't played that one yet.

Could someone explain to me what's so great about that game for people to want Ardyn's story to be done like it?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Ifrit and Leviathan definitely hated humans.

Ramuh and Titan don't give a crap lol

Shiva is the only one that seems to care somewhat.

Bahamut
is a douche.
So (in attitudes only) Leviathan and Ifrit stand in as Lindzei, Ramuh and Titan as Pulse, Bahamut as Bhunivelze, and Shiva as Etro. I see how they probably adapted to fit without it being overt or necessarily obvious. Nice!
Could someone explain to me what's so great about that game for people to want Ardyn's story to be done like it?
Lost Legacy takes a couple of strong but secondary characters and gives them leading roles. It's wonderfully done. No sign of any of the main players, only supporting or secondary characters. Seriously, the dynamic and evolution of Chloe and Nadine is amazing; must be seen to be believed.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i wasn't expecting the bestiary to be this good, model viewer? lore tidbits? second best bestiary of the franchise after XII's

*can't rotate or zoom shiva's model*

this is trash

edit:
Gralea out of bounds

edit2:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75722427/885714423

"Japanese version: Says Ifrit bestowed mankind with "the fire / flame of Wisdom", ie. not literally just fire, but knowledge and intelligence (?). Says he was the King of Solheim, but doesn't say anything about his Solheim subjects rebelling against him. Says that when he was resurrected via starscourge, the starscourge corrupted both his body and mind.

English version: Says Ifrit gave men the "gift of fire" (literally just fire?). Says Ifrit's "once-loyal subjects turned against him". Doesn't say anything about the corruption of his body and mind via starscourge resurrection.

German version: Says Ifrit was once "a lover of mankind" and that his gift of knowledge led to the success of the Solheim civilization. Doesn't say anything about Ifrit being the King of Solheim. Says the people of Solheim became drunk with power and turned against "the Gods" (not just Ifrit, ALL the gods). Has the line about the corruption of body ("externally") and mind ("internally") via starscourge.

=Shiva's description=

Japanese version: Says she is the "foil to Ifrit", ie. the yin to his yang, his polar opposite, you get the idea. Says nothing about her demise being "corporeal" or otherwise, only that she was defeated by the Niflheim army.

English version: Doesn't say anything about Shiva being the foil to Ifrit. Says that her demise was only "corporeal".

German version of Shiva's description: Doesn't say anything about Shiva being the foil to Ifrit, but says she was Ifrit's lover before he went mad. WTF. When did Ifrit go insane??

I haven't had the time to look at all the descriptions in the bestiary, but the ones for Ravus and Melusine are also slightly different. The text for Ravus in Japanese states outright that daemon Ravus wasn't actually fighting at full daemonic power because what little awareness he had left was actively holding his daemonic instincts back. The English and German versions mention the part about his surpressing his daemonic instincts, but not the fact that he wasn't fighting at full strength. The Japanese text for Melusine notes that she is "a new daemon that has only appeared recently", that her seductive appearance has led to all kinds of speculation among the hunters (in regards to her origin, I suppose?), and clearly states that all her victims have been men, no exceptions. These lines aren't in the English and German versions either..."

holy shit, is this complementary information or the localization team is just nuts? i think we should have chosen Ifrit's betrayal, we made a mistake lol

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Siiiiick. And wait, how did someone manage to warp into Gralea after all this time? Something is weird there too. Prompto is at the tunnel entrance if you can warp out of Gralea it seems.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Found this interesting post about the localizations for different languages having differing info regarding the lore of the game and characters.

Worth a read since some translations miss certain info.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75722427/885714423

Ifrit and Shiva were lovers? Well damn. Not sure how that's possible since I would've thought they'd hurt each other physically but interesting nonetheless.

Ifrit being resurrected by the Starscourge and corrupted by it was left out of the English translation.

Ravus holding back and not fighting at full strength wasn't surprising seeing as he screamed " Ardyn - curse you!" throughout the fight.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The lore in the bestiary is so freaking awesome.

I swear it actually adds layers to the game. Reading about
Naglfar and Bandersnatch was cool. Goes to show that they did have a lot of story done but didn't have the time to put it in.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I have to say the bestiary came out better than i expected, i'd argue it would count as a story update in smaller scale as of latest patch release.
This is true in a sense.

I mean, I definitely learned things about this game and its characters just from reading it.

Ok now I REALLY want to know more about the Astrals. The FFXV Ifrit is shaping up to be the best Ifrit in the franchise imo.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
The bestiary is very cool. It does highlight the less-than-flattering comparison to FFXII, where the lore and world-building were hidden in hundreds of text entries.

The Assassins Creed DLC (never played any of those games) has some great ideas that I hope are incorporated into more full-featured expansions.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
honestly speaking, this event is better than anything related to lestalum on the main game (quests, mechanics, music, npcs,...), which is kind of sad, they really put a respectable effort here.

patch 1.15 (including AC event) is the best update for the game so far.