Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Definitely my new favorite festival of the bunch, they truly bought in more life to Lestallum interaction-wise.

EDIT: Full transcript of the fan event Q/A apparently.

Final Fantasy XV dev team discusses potential new story content

Audience: I would really like to know more about Insomnia. Like, at the beginning of the game it’s established they have an own currency, since the guys don’t know what gil are? I’d just really like to be able to stroll through the city and see the culture and everything…

FFXV team: (laughs) Ok, so an Insomnia-DLC? *Everybody laughs and cheers* Or a game like Civilization maybe? I’d like to play that, too! (laughs) Well, actually a lot of people have already been asking questions about Insomnia, so maybe we really should do something about that. We just don’t know how – like, should it be part of a DLC? Of a character-episode?

Audience: Hell yeah Insomnia Shopping Simulator!!

FFXV team: (laughs) No, but really, if you guys have any ideas as to how to implement that, go on and let me know!

Audience: What’s it going to be like, when the game is completed? Everything released, no more DLC’s, when it’s all complete, will there be a way to play the entire game in like, one go? Like, as of now you always have to play a bit, then, when Episode Gladio happens, you have to go back to the menu screen, select the episode, play it, then go back to the main game, as with all the other bonus content. Will there be a finalized version where everything is just put together properly so you can play it all in one go?

FFXV team: To be perfectly honest, we really didn’t think about that yet….I really like the idea! The thing is, that would be really difficult to do, implement all the segments, and I think the changes we would have to make in the programming might turn out to be too problematic…we will definitely think about whether we might find a solution to that. Thank you!

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/fina...sses-potential-story-content-clarifies-games/

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"FFXV team: Ah well, you know, we created Pitioss as a mystery, a puzzle to be solved by the player. The idea for it came up very late into the development, too, in fact, the design was finished just nearing our deadline. We wanted to create something mysterious and magical, no ones knows where it came from or what it is exactly, that’s why in the game it’s in a place no one would find it."

Wow im surprised pitioss was added later in development, it's one of the highlights of the game and one of the best dungeons i've ever played; kudos for the team behind it.

also nice that joining the base game with the dlc episodes is being considered, many games already do that you know lol

edit:

really enjoyed the ost

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Haven't played the assassins dlc yet but am greatly looking forward to it after reading the positive reception for it.

Props to the person who asked those questions!

I'm actually mildly disappointed that the team never even thought about putting all the content into one immersive game once everything is all said and done until a fan brought it up.

I mean I thought that was pretty standard. What with GOTY editions and all that for lots of games out there.

I guess the programming for that would be so complex that it never crossed their minds?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The Witcher 3, DA: Inquisition, Bloodborne and Dark Souls (just giving an example with big AAA action-RPGs) included the dlcs on the main game by default, they were accessible inside the base game.

having everything fragmented when you can put all the episodes together is a waste imo.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The Witcher 3, DA: Inquisition, Bloodborne and Dark Souls (just giving an example with big AAA action-RPGs) included the dlcs on the main game by default, they were accessible inside the base game.

having everything fragmented when you can put all the episodes together is a waste imo.
Yeah they need to form all the disjointed content together to form one immersive experience.

That would be one strategy to get people to buy the game again. I know I would.

If other game companies did it, then I'm sure Square can too. The team are talented enough with tech to make it happen.

really enjoyed the ost
Now that is a nice track. I'm really liking the idea that they're creating new tracks for every DLC that's coming out. More to add to my playlist.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Alright so I'm playing the Assassin's festival right now. Haven't finished it yet and I have to say...

This is so dope!

It's quite fun and it's funny seeing the guys dressed like this, running around being excited.

Interesting convos by the NPC's too.

Such as
two guys conversing where one is saying how cute Prompto is and the other wants to approach him and ask about his camera.

Lady talks about Gladio's eagle tattoo and how scary he looks.

Another kid talks about how Ignis kept staring at the Walk of faith or whatever it's called

Really enjoying it so far.

Edit: just finished it. Enjoyable for what is is :)

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Something occurred to me. I remember that one of the complaints for the game was even though the Empire was after Noctis, it never felt like he was in danger throughout the game.

We were able to go anywhere without the Empire being a threat.

The magitech being present throughout the festival is the devs way of introducing the element of danger and Noctis being hunted into the game.

That's how I see it.

How would you guys like it if the MT's were present like this in the actual game?

Edit: So I just played the final battle again. Can someone else confirm something for me, so that I know it's not just me who noticed these?

Did they fix the proportion for older Noctis's head? It used to be large before but I think they made it more proportional. I haven't played this game in ages so if someone else can see this, then the devs must've fixed it.

Not only that but the fire effects look more sharp and brighter than I remembered them for Ifrit.

Finally, you can see green smog (the Starscourge?) at times when you're fighting Ifrit, and just before he appears for the first time on his throne. It's very subtle, but the effect is there. Was that there before?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
FFXV TGS ATR confirmed for the 23rd, expect more details on Multiplayer and other content. New image for TGS 2017:

View attachment 787

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/903458940523995137

Interesting that its Kingsglaive related.

https://twitter.com/MissTiffanyL/status/903460031907020800

TGS 2017 schedule included.
God, just doing a playable Kingsglaive adaption and adapting brotherhood into cutscenes would already make way the story is told 10x better. That is in fact weird that is more related to KG than anything else. I'm excited either way. That and Monster Hunter have me pumped for TGS this year.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
God, just doing a playable Kingsglaive adaption and adapting brotherhood into cutscenes would already make way the story is told 10x better. That is in fact weird that is more related to KG than anything else. I'm excited either way. That and Monster Hunter have me pumped for TGS this year.
i'd rather have additional story instead of an adaptation of events that we already seen, tbh but it would be great for sure.

i think if they do decide to make part of insomnia explorable, there's a lot of room to bring story content (there's that novel about the bros before parting from insomnia, the scene with regis holding noctis and crying...)

edit:

put that in the car's radio/mp3 dammit

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
If SE aren't the ones to do it I could see people trying to do it via mods to turn Brotherhood into ingame cutscenes and Kingsglaive into in game events, same with recreating the Parting Ways prologue as cutscenes, though for Brotherhood and Parting Ways there'd only be Japanese audio.

This person already accompanied the Parting Ways audio with some image references.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
If SE aren't the ones to do it I could see people trying to do it via mods to turn Brotherhood into ingame cutscenes and Kingsglaive into in game events, same with recreating the Parting Ways prologue as cutscenes, though for Brotherhood and Parting Ways there'd only be Japanese audio.

This person already accompanied the Parting Ways audio with some image references.
This would be something I"d pass on. 95% of the time when an English version is available, I'll listen to that instead. So playing something switching languages like that would throw me off lol.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yeah Gladio is 100% focused on the ladies in this dlc lol

If you wander around the crowds, you'll hear interesting comments from NPC's about the chocobros.

As for the IGN article:

Even with that in mind, Tabata knows that the release of Episode Ignis means he’ll have to really start thinking about when it’s time to move on to the next major project.

At the end of the year, I think we do have to have a drawing of the line and moving on to do the next project as well,” he said. “Obviously we’re doing a lot of different things within the XV development team at the moment. But every single thing that we’re doing then really is something that we have to do to get the experience to move on to do our next project. So I think we will clearly be moving in that direction at the beginning of next year.
Hmmm... it looks like they're facing the issue of time and budget shortage yet again.

I don't think we will be getting everything we want when this project is wrapped up and done.

Episode Ardyn and Luna are most likely, but other than that, I don't think we're gonna get anything for the Astrals.

The story updates I'm not too sure about now, but if they do go through with this, it probably won't be as lengthy or detailed.

I'll just continue waiting but this doesn't exactly bode too well.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just checked the other gaming forums.

That IGN article is causing a lot of negative attention with some people expressing more doubt and concern.

I don't think that's ever gonna end since the fanbase is mostly negative. I do get why they're worried though.

If only upper management stopped jerking the staff around they'd have a clear idea of what direction the game will be going so they can make proper announcements.

With that being said, they're gonna continue working on the game in 2018 for sure. Comrades and the Ardyn DLC sees to that.

I think the main concern so far is the story patches, which Square have been pretty mum about for some reason. I think when they make a proper announcement for that someday, the fan base will chill out a bit.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
What Squre (or Tabata) needs to do is just only give a yes/no confirmation about future plans, being vague is problematic (not for me though) for the fandom, that said, in the fandom defence, is humanly natural to be worrysome when faced with uncertainty.

Square (and their whole PR) should abstain from talking unless they can provide a clear cut yes/no confirmation for anything they have on their plate, this would save them a lot of problems and clean their public image.

EDIT: Some News

Final Fantasy XV Director Clarifies Nintendo Switch Tease; Team Is Looking into the Platform

Final Fantasy XV Uses Checkerboard Resolution on Xbox One X; Will Support Windows Sonic on PC

Last edited: