Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Is it surprising that that Daemon has a model? I thought it could be seen in the sky at the beginning of Chapter 13.
It's not that it's surprising to see, I just didn't think it'd show up in the files like this, the previous datadump was the Versus Noctis, Camelia, Bahamut, and Gentiana models, I just meant this was something new to be dumped, and when you used the Armiger glitch, you could only phase through them.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
https://twitter.com/Xeeynamo/status/946873525297696770

"FFXV 1.00 does count 373733 different files. This game is a huge beast! I never seen anything like that yet in my life!"

I'm not too savvy when it comes to tech stuff so I'm not sure how much above the average in terms of file size this is.

Nonetheless, it's impressive that someone managed to uncover all of this and find individual files for the game.

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/947613284697440256

"Happy New Year from FFXV team. They will continue to post content throughout this year. They thank the fans again for the support. (@FFXVJP)"

happy new year guys
If there's one thing Square is good at, it's the pictures they use for holidays. Cool pic.

Happy New Year everyone =)

Looking forward to a year of updates for this game.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
just been watching some Xbone X and PC gameplay videos, and the image quality is so much improved... the PS4 Pro upgrade is not so noticeable.

hell in no way i'll replay this with the garbage PS4 quality, FFXV is a special game for me and i want the best quality around next time i play it lol

edit:

about the roadmap, they might reveal it in whatever update they do this month (they need to close the Assassins Festival, so there'll probably be one).

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
just been watching some Xbone X and PC gameplay videos, and the image quality is so much improved... the PS4 Pro upgrade is not so noticeable.

hell in no way i'll replay this with the garbage PS4 quality, FFXV is a special game for me and i want the best quality around next time i play it lol
Don't know about that - I think the game looks and plays really well even with the base PS4 version. I have no need or desire to upgrade to a PS4 Pro. But it seems that one of the design goals of Luminous was to target high-end graphical fidelity (4K, HDR, etc.), so I can see that an already-stunning game will look that much better.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
In my personal opinion, development on FFXV's extra content will be split into teams of 3.

One team is constantly working on Comrades, so we should see (hopefully) some significant updates there.

Another will be the DLC/Episode team.They are currently working on Ardyn/Luna/whatever that will be signficant content additions and changes to gameplay.

This is important because a 3rd team will likely not change gameplay and strictly focus on giving more to the base story and Noctis. I'll call team 3 the free content/patch team.

I can see the Comrades team filling in more of the gaps in the timeskip story, the DLC team adding more supplemental, world/lore material while bringing in plenty of new gameplay options, and a final team that I'm thinking will provide the content updates to the base game, namely chapters 9-12 and 14.

There are 3 reasons why I think this.

First, there are like 3+ directors now for FFXV, Tabata is involved but he is working on other stuff now. For example, there was the Episode Ignis director, the comrades director, and someone directing updates to the base game (think character switching, the free story update, multiple hunts, the festivals and more) There is more leeway to have other people working on multiple updates.

Second, Tabata has repeatedly stated that they plan on updating the 2nd half the game, even in the last game informer issue.

Third, and most importantly, I cannot see this new DLC being charged as updates to the 2nd half of the game. They must be separate if they want people who didn't like the story transition to come back. For all intents and purposes, DLC isn't going to bring those people back. Episode Ardyn is not supplemental to fixing the 2nd half transition, free content patches will be made for this. They must be implemented into the main game. This is why we haven't seen any additional, paid content specifically with Noctis. If they are going to open up Nifleheim or fix chapters 8/9-12 and 14, they will be specifically free for those who did not finish to try and play again. There will also be something in it for those who beat the game already.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'd have had XII in the top spot. I'm not surprised XIII only made tenth. Plus... Why is always VII? It's twenty years old now. Sheesh...

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The game is doing a lot better than expected. Congrats to Square.

Haters be damned at this point.

Its got it flaws but it’s obvious that there are a lot of people who still enjoy it despite those.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
SPOILER

Hi I'm new here and this is my first post, but I'm following this forum for a few months already :)
Today on a fb final fantasy themed group I found something like this:

luna.jpg luna222.jpg What do you think? Glitch or DLC? The person who posted it said that it was probably glitch but I'm not so sure...also somebody said that is going to be in another Prompto DLC? I doubt that they'll make another DLC for him (maybe they would if they'd follow Ignis DLC timeline?). But if it's a glitch how is it possible for Prompto to be there? (even assuming that this is Luna model during the whole Leviathan-Noctis fight). So, what are your thoughts? :D

Last edited: