Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm inclined to believe that if we are getting an update on the ability to drive the Regalia post timeskip, it will probably be part of the free update and not the DLC specifically. The trailer never specified it obviously, and I'm willing to think that they'd want to also give something to their playerbase that may not purchase the DLC.

So if there is indeed something, I'm thinking its 1 of 3 things: The ability to drive the car to Insomnia via the bridge to reach the entrance of city, The ability to explore the actual WoR with (maybe) some new story content involving Iris, Aranea, and Cindy, or maybe even both.

If anyone remembers the December leak from last year, part of it had talked about how WoR Lestallum was going to be completed along with post-time skip characters, along with the ability to travel to Insomnia via "foot" (I think in this case, it would be by car).

Here is was part of the leak:

"As I said, the focus of most of the development time ended up being the Lucis area so the later parts of the game had a lot of cut content that wasn't ready. However, as far as I know, the fact that the empire is completely in chaos once you get to it never changed.

Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.

There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.

The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.

The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.

The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.

Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.

Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

There was concepts for a city that looked like old London with british bridges and architecture, I don't know about the rest.

I don't think they will make the world of ruin levels that were unfinished explorable unless there is more story dlc planned.

I doubt they will release the Luna scenes since the response would not be good, but the deleted scenes about the empire might get released.Like I said, Luna was featured in more scenes but they got cut.

The original Leviathan fight combined interiors and exteriors and many enemies on screen, Luna also appeared.

Like I said earlier, the final form for Ardyn was cut early this year. I haven't heard anything from the strategy guide but it might not have updated information about the story."

Looking at it even now, it seems like a lot of little things the past few weeks may be hinting at some of these "cuts" actually being resolved in the future. Very interesting looking at this leak now, though that may be confirmation bias on my part. For example:

On what may have been hinted at:
-There seem to be "hints" of Cartanica becoming a small open world again, we aren't sure entirely yet but the new update may hint at the beginnings of that.
-The Royal Update, while not hinting at anything, may improve the Ardyn bossfight simply because the Armiger is getting improved and the it seems like they are upping the ending in Insomnia a ton, with new bosses and everything. I think it is definitely possible, along with a new form that was practically confirmed at this point to be cut, but we'll have to wait and see
-The dialogue @Storm just linked suggests being able to drive the car in Chapter 14, potentially implying the WoR MAY become playable to a degree, aligning where this leak says that Chapter 14 was supposed to be larger.
-Cor's role is being expanded in the Royal Update entirely, so this may help in suggesting that the rest of these intended features could happen down the line.
-Luna's role may get expanded on due to the Royal Update ever so slightly, simply because we can see hints of her in the trailer.

On potential expansions
-Tenebrae being a dungeon and Shiva's body having bigger area make the most sense as what you can actually expand in chapter 12. They'd have to create 2 dungeons practically and make the effort to show Tenebrae getting attacked if they retcon this portion of Chapter 12 eventually.
-Not sure what this Old London city may have been, but its possible that another city gets featured eventually in a new DLC or something (Episode Ardyn?), depending on where it is. I know that a Santorini like town was also in development but was removed from the game. Perhaps these return at some point.
-The GDC 2017 trailer had showed a particular area of the Wall from Kingsglaive with in game assets. I'm assuming this area was in Northern Lucis/Cavaugh but we may see this in the future with something.
-Not sure if Gralea was supposed to be playable or anything but with Chapter 13, you have the ability to make part of the city into a dungeon to expand that. Not sure, but it would probably help part of everyone's desires to see more of the Empire itself.
-The Leviathan Fight may also get revamped at some point, simply because it uses the same armiger as the Ardyn fight which may have changed overall with this new DLC, but probably not now. Perhaps if they ever update Chapters 8 and 9 to their liking, something may happen with it.
-It is possible they are also reworking those Luna scenes in order to release them, but with a significant content release improving her story (which could happen if they ever update chapters 8 and 9)

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm inclined to believe that if we are getting an update on the ability to drive the Regalia post timeskip, it will probably be part of the free update and not the DLC specifically. The trailer never specified it obviously, and I'm willing to think that they'd want to also give something to their playerbase that may not purchase the DLC.

So if there is indeed something, I'm thinking its 1 of 3 things: The ability to drive the car to Insomnia via the bridge to reach the entrance of city, The ability to explore the actual WoR with (maybe) some new story content involving Iris, Aranea, and Cindy, or maybe even both.

If anyone remembers the December leak from last year, part of it had talked about how WoR Lestallum was going to be completed along with post-time skip characters, along with the ability to travel to Insomnia via "foot" (I think in this case, it would be by car).

"As I said, the focus of most of the development time ended up being the Lucis area so the later parts of the game had a lot of cut content that wasn't ready. However, as far as I know, the fact that the empire is completely in chaos once you get to it never changed.

Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.

The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.

The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.

Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.

Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

There was concepts for a city that looked like old London with british bridges and architecture, I don't know about the rest.

I don't think they will make the world of ruin levels that were unfinished explorable unless there is more story dlc planned.

I doubt they will release the Luna scenes since the response would not be good, but the deleted scenes about the empire might get released.Like I said, Luna was featured in more scenes but they got cut.

The original Leviathan fight combined interiors and exteriors and many enemies on screen, Luna also appeared.

Like I said earlier, the final form for Ardyn was cut early this year. I haven't heard anything from the strategy guide but it might not have updated information about the story."

Looking at it even now, it seems like a lot of little things the past few weeks may be hinting at some of these "cuts" actually being resolved in the future. Very interesting looking at this leak now, though that may be confirmation bias on my part. For example:

-There seem to be "hints" of Cartanica becoming a small open world again, we aren't sure entirely yet but the new update may hint at the beginnings of that.
-The Royal Update, while not hinting at anything, may improve the Ardyn bossfight simply because the Armiger is getting improved and the it seems like they are upping the ending in Insomnia a ton, with new bosses and everything. I think its very likely he's getting an improved fight, along with a new form to fight.
-The dialogue @Storm just linked suggests being able to drive the car in Chapter 14, potentially implying the WoR MAY become playable to a degree, aligning where this leak says that Chapter 14 was supposed to be larger.
-Cor's role is being expanded in the Royal Update entirely, so this may help in suggesting that the rest of these intended features could happen down the line.
-Luna's role may get expanded on due to the Royal Update ever so slightly

On potential expansions
-Tenebrae being a dungeon and Shiva's body having bigger area make the most sense as what you can actually expand in chapter 12. They'd have to create 2 dungeons practically and make the effort to show Tenebrae getting attacked if they retcon this portion of Chapter 12 eventually.
-Not sure what this Old London city may have been, but its possible that another city gets featured eventually in a new DLC or something (Episode Ardyn?), depending on where it is. I know that a Santorini like town was also in development but was removed from the game. Perhaps these return at some point.
-The GDC 2017 trailer had showed a particular area of the Wall from Kingsglaive with in game assets. I'm assuming this area was in Northern Lucis/Cavaugh but we may see this in the future with something.
-Not sure if Gralea was supposed to be playable or anything but with Chapter 13, you have the ability to make part of the city into a dungeon to expand that. Not sure, but it would probably help part of everyone's desires to see more of the Empire itself.
-The Leviathan Fight may also get revamped at some point, simply because it uses the same armiger as the Ardyn fight which may have changed overall with this new DLC, but probably not now. Perhaps if they ever update Chapters 8 and 9 to their liking, something may happen with it.
-It is possible they are also reworking those Luna scenes in order to release them, but with a significant content release improving her story (which could happen if they ever update chapters 8 and 9)
Well, I guess we'll see what happens by the end of this year when everything comes out.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, I have a big feeling that Episode Ardyn is going to be the only Character centric episode we get this year, because of the demand for it. I think the rest of the DLC will be more similar in vein of what they are doing in Chapter 14 with the Royal Update. Tabata had said during the Game nformer interview that they plan in releasing DLC that is tied much closer to main story. I think doing DLC in Niflheim and other regions to give the main characters more areas to explore and expanded story is more important than making separate, character episodes. I think Ardyn gets a free pass because he's basically the 2nd most important character after Noctis and could possibly help in expanding part of the world and lore with the games narrative structure.

Like, id pay for a 10 dollar DLC to see how the Bros escaped Gralea after chapter 13, be it exploring the city to figure out how to repair the car while being haunted by Ardyn one last time, or an expansion focusing on Galahd or the islands of Accordo, but that's my hopes and dreams getting way too ahead of itself lmao.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah, I have a big feeling that Episode Ardyn is going to be the only Character centric episode we get this year, because of the demand for it. I think the rest of the DLC will be more similar in vein of what they are doing in Chapter 14 with the Royal Update. Tabata had said during the Game nformer interview that they plan in releasing DLC that is tied much closer to main story. I think doing DLC in Niflheim and other regions to give the main characters more areas to explore and expanded story is more important than making separate, character episodes. I think Ardyn gets a free pass because he's basically the 2nd most important character after Noctis and could possibly help in expanding part of the world and lore with the games narrative structure.

Like, id pay for a 10 dollar DLC to see how the Bros escaped Gralea after chapter 13, be it exploring the city to figure out how to repair the car while being haunted by Ardyn one last time, or an expansion focusing on Galahd or the islands of Accordo, but that's my hopes and dreams getting way too ahead of itself lmao.
Yeah, I, too, wanted Episode Ardyn as well, and I'm excited that it's happening, I do wonder if it could take place 2000 years into his past or showcase his rise to Niflheim or bringing about Niflheim's fall, either are the story arcs I do hope Episode Ardyn covers, because these three aspects are intriguing, interesting, and some things I would love to see, if either of the latter two, I would like flashbacks to Ardyn's past, to his downfall and his exile by the hands of his brother, the Founder King. I do feel like some of these are crucial to FFXV's overarching story, something I think the game could benefit from, and I really like Ardyn, and I would like to see more of him.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

huh? interesting, there's dialogue with the older bros using the car.
So... we’re gonna have an explorable world of Ruin?

Not the entire map but probably a part of Lucis? Oh man... let this be the case.

In the trailer, we did see Noctis rallying a group of survivors so... could it be that we’re gomna go to Lestallum at least?

Oh man... I know I just keep my hype in check but this is all very exciting lol

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So... we’re gonna have an explorable world of Ruin?

Not the entire map but probably a part of Lucis? Oh man... let this be the case.

In the trailer, we did see Noctis rallying a group of survivors so... could it be that we’re gomna go to Lestallum at least?

Oh man... I know I just keep my hype in check but this is all very exciting lol
i wouldn't take big conclusions based on a few dialogue lines, they're a small hint... of something.

but yeah, they're overhauling chapter 14, and most likely that includes the section before insomnia too.

please be excited

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
i wouldn't take big conclusions based on a few dialogue lines, they're a small hint... of something.

but yeah, they're overhauling chapter 14, and most likely that includes the section before insomnia too.

please be excited

Yeah, it could very well be just the actual drive to insomnia making it in as an update for everyone, but who knows. Regardless, its a step in the right direction. Something will come from it, since the dialogue wasn't there prior to the patch, but we just don't know how much they plan on doing with it.

Its ridiculous how good the game is, yet how much room for improvement it can actually get.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah, it could very well be just the actual drive to insomnia making it in as an update for everyone, but who knows. Regardless, its a step in the right direction. Something will come from it, since the dialogue wasn't there prior to the patch, but we just don't know how much they plan on doing with it.

Its ridiculous how good the game is, yet how much room for improvement it can actually get.
Indeed, the game's flaws are being tackled, slowly but surely, giving us more parts of Insomnia, giving us a portion of the city ruins before making way to downtown where the citadel is, and this new part of Insomnia in the trailer looked pretty big, especially when you look at the mini-map in the trailer that it's hiding some sort of big area, and even allowing us to do side quests in Insomnia if we wished to, and 2018 is about the story. I'm proud to have been a part of this game's journey, even though it's had it's rough spots and flaws and all, and I be happy to be by it's side when it is complete.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://store.steampowered.com/app/637650/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION/

"Use of the Royal Cruiser has been unlocked, with new fishing spots and recipes"

the way they're promoting this feature implies theres nothing more than fishing spots, so don't expect islands or even shores, unless the fishing spots are there lol

edit: and the cutscene with the big whale, but we don't know if that will lead to anything.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

"Use of the Royal Cruiser has been unlocked, with new fishing spots and recipes"

the way they're promoting this feature implies theres nothing more than fishing spots, so don't expect islands or even shores, unless the fishing spots are there lol

edit: and the cutscene with the big whale, but we don't know if that will lead to anything.

Thats what it seems to be lol. Though I wonder what that whale looking creature was, perhaps just a ridiculous fish we have to try and catch?

More importantly, if we taking what they are saying literally:
  • “Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map” – a new map that takes you right up to the end
Thats a new way of describing the map lol. Imagine having to actually travel from Hammerhead to the citadel with no loadtimes? Drive over the bridge, start on the outskirts and actually have to break into the city slowly? Now THAT would be nuggets. Starting to really wonder how big the map expansion is. With the way they are advertising it, it seems to be somewhat substantial.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

I'm not that interested in the boat, as I'm not a person who fishes, as Insomnia and the additions made to it, along with the Armiger Unleashed are going to be my main focus in the Royal Pack.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Thats what it seems to be lol. Though I wonder what that whale looking creature was, perhaps just a ridiculous fish we have to try and catch?
would be cool if there was a quest related to it, one that you need to track down the creature or it'll vanish fast (and if you follow till the end it leads you to a secret cave)... anything that makes the boat worthwhile, fishing and recipes are on the botton of the list in terms of content i want.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

More importantly, if we taking what they are saying literally:
  • “Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map” – a new map that takes you right up to the end
Thats a new way of describing the map lol. Imagine having to actually travel from Hammerhead to the citadel with no loadtimes? Drive over the bridge, start on the outskirts and actually have to break into the city slowly? Now THAT would be nuggets. Starting to really wonder how big the map expansion is. With the way they are advertising it, it seems to be somewhat substantial.
What does 'somewhat substantial' mean in this case? Although, it would be really cool to travel from Hammerhead to Insomnia with no load times, as that could help satisfy me in improving the endgame for me.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
What does 'somewhat substantial' mean? Although, it would be really cool to travel from Hammerhead to Insomnia with no load times, as that could help satisfy me in improving the endgame for me.

Meaning a decently sized map. The original map was highly linear and practically only consisted of 3 areas. I expect it to be at least several times the size of the original with branching paths (which you can tell there are from the trailer now), etc. This description is just interesting to me.

@Storm, yea definitely. Hopefully there are more things as sometimes BD2 doesn't fully describe features of an update or DLC as we've seen. Most importantly is that this update will allow people to inspect the map even more on the water and city fronts, considering both are likely updated to an extent.

Edit: Like this area is just so different from everything we've seen in Insomnia, as the Citadel area was made up almost entirely of tall buildings

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Meaning a decently sized map. The original map was highly linear and practically only consisted of 3 areas. I expect it to be at least several times the size of the original with branching paths (which you can tell there are from the trailer now), etc. This description is just interesting to me.
Yeah, I kinda expect at least two or three more sections, but I wouldn't mind as long as they're decently sized and designed like the image you put in your post of Insomnia, that looks really neat, and I do want to go to that place, and to add to the exploration factor for me, and for us who wanted more of Insomnia. I'm looking forward to seeing how big Insomnia is on March 6th, especially since Insomnia will now have side quests in it as well. Also, I don't mind linearity, but the reason why Chapter 14 was underwhelming of an endgame for me, was the final area (Insomnia) was too small, with only two or three parts of it, and it led to the citadel, which had nothing preventing entry besides Behemoth King and Ifrit, there also needed some more mandatory bosses, and the ending needed more clarification, even though I enjoyed the ending, and while I enjoyed the fight against Ardyn, it was too easy, so I do hope there's some sort of revamp, and with the Armiger Unleashed, who knows what could happen to the original Armiger phase in that fight, but now with this expansion, Insomnia has the potential to being a bigger area for me to enjoy exploring, and with the new mandatory bosses, Cerberus and some of the Kings of Lucis, and with a barrier around the citadel to take down, it's looking to be a better endgame for me, and more satisfying, especially with more involvement from a side character, aka Cor, especially with more story content. :)

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

This image showing them fighting Omega PRETTY far away from the citadel.

Guess how close to the Citadel you start with the original map?

Idk if anyone sees the perspective but the difference is staggering.
Yeah, I can see, wow. Also, where we fight Cerberus was where you usually fight Behemoth King, and that map there changed a little there, I wonder if Behemoth King was moved to another area in Insomnia.

Edit:

There's also this.:

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/FFXV main.jpg

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

I feel like the ability to explore the WoR would be more likely to happen as part of the DLC than as a free update... mostly because a) it would take a lot more work to pull off and b) it would help buff up the DLC's content to feel more appropriate for its premium cost.

Then again, they added character switch to the main game for free, so who knows? Adding aged-up versions of Iris, Aranea, and Cindy would make me happy either way. XD;

-The Royal Update, while not hinting at anything, may improve the Ardyn bossfight simply because the Armiger is getting improved and the it seems like they are upping the ending in Insomnia a ton, with new bosses and everything. I think it is definitely possible, along with a new form that was practically confirmed at this point to be cut, but we'll have to wait and see
-Luna's role may get expanded on due to the Royal Update ever so slightly, simply because we can see hints of her in the trailer.

On potential expansions
It really seems like BD2 has dedicated itself to bringing back as much of the cut content as possible. Here's my take on the material mentioned by the leak:

1) The changes that the Out Of Bounds glitch set have found to the area around the Cartanica dungeon strongly suggest that the smaller open world area there might be making a comeback. If anything, I think this is most likely to be the free update to go along with the Royal Edition release.

2) The resurrected Regalia and the presence of the Glaives in the Royal Edition trailer makes an excursion to Lestallum make a lot of sense. They've already finished World of Darkness Lestallum for Comrades, so it wouldn't be that difficult to reuse it. And, of course, the end of the game has been expanded in a number of other ways as well.

3) While the leaker didn't seem to think any of the cut Luna scenes would make a comeback, I'm not convinced. Ravus' actions in Ep Ignis towards Calligo were entirely consistent with Calligo having mistreated Luna the way he did in the Dawn trailer. I'm guessing what they're really looking for is a way to properly contextualize the uncomfortable scenes, and giving Luna more agency after her death seems like a decent place to start.

4) Cor is clearly being written back into the second half of the story, given his scene in the Royal Edition trailer. I'm less convinced that he'll show up in the area around Cartanica the way one of the leaks implied, because it wouldn't make sense for him to be there in a number of ways.

5) While there's no real hint at this, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they revamp the Leviathan fight, if only because they seem to have reached a point where they can create cool setpiece moments within a reasonable timeframe (per Episodes Prompto, Comrades, and Ignis).

6) If Ardyn's boss fight isn't expanded in the Royal Edition, I'll eat my hat. =P I'm down with fighting Ardyn in the daemonic form he already has, but I'm still really leery of any truly bestial form.

7) The "old London city" is Gralea -- the concept art makes it very clear that the description fits that city perfectly. I'm not sure how they'd work it back in, unless they added a sequence where the bros escaped (and somehow managed to take the Regalia's wreck with them.

I don't know... I feel like there's still a distinct possibility that Luna might get a character-centric DLC of her own, because she's at least as in need of it as Ardyn is.

Besides, it feels like it'd make more sense for there to be two more Episode-sized ($5) DLCs and an Ultima Edition (with a corresponding Ultima Pack) than one Episode and two general expansion packs.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I feel like the ability to explore the WoR would be more likely to happen as part of the DLC than as a free update... mostly because a) it would take a lot more work to pull off and b) it would help buff up the DLC's content to feel more appropriate for its premium cost.

Then again, they added character switch to the main game for free, so who knows? Adding aged-up versions of Iris, Aranea, and Cindy would make me happy either way. XD;

It really seems like BD2 has dedicated itself to bringing back as much of the cut content as possible. Here's my take on the material mentioned by the leak:

1) The changes that the Out Of Bounds glitch set have found to the area around the Cartanica dungeon strongly suggest that the smaller open world area there might be making a comeback. If anything, I think this is most likely to be the free update to go along with the Royal Edition release.

2) The resurrected Regalia and the presence of the Glaives in the Royal Edition trailer makes an excursion to Lestallum make a lot of sense. They've already finished World of Darkness Lestallum for Comrades, so it wouldn't be that difficult to reuse it. And, of course, the end of the game has been expanded in a number of other ways as well.

3) While the leaker didn't seem to think any of the cut Luna scenes would make a comeback, I'm not convinced. Ravus' actions in Ep Ignis towards Calligo were entirely consistent with Calligo having mistreated Luna the way he did in the Dawn trailer. I'm guessing what they're really looking for is a way to properly contextualize the uncomfortable scenes, and giving Luna more agency after her death seems like a decent place to start.

4) Cor is clearly being written back into the second half of the story, given his scene in the Royal Edition trailer. I'm less convinced that he'll show up in the area around Cartanica the way one of the leaks implied, because it wouldn't make sense for him to be there in a number of ways.

5) While there's no real hint at this, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they revamp the Leviathan fight, if only because they seem to have reached a point where they can create cool setpiece moments within a reasonable timeframe (per Episodes Prompto, Comrades, and Ignis).

6) If Ardyn's boss fight isn't expanded in the Royal Edition, I'll eat my hat. =P I'm down with fighting Ardyn in the daemonic form he already has, but I'm still really leery of any truly bestial form.

7) The "old London city" is Gralea -- the concept art makes it very clear that the description fits that city perfectly. I'm not sure how they'd work it back in, unless they added a sequence where the bros escaped (and somehow managed to take the Regalia's wreck with them.

I don't know... I feel like there's still a distinct possibility that Luna might get a character-centric DLC of her own, because she's at least as in need of it as Ardyn is.

Besides, it feels like it'd make more sense for there to be two more Episode-sized ($5) DLCs and an Ultima Edition (with a corresponding Ultima Pack) than one Episode and two general expansion packs.

I can see Gralea being worked in just as you said, or chapter 13 in the beginning by allowing you to explore part of the city for some new, undefined reason. Other than that, maybe Episode Ardyn partially takes place there, though, I'm inclined to believe it will take place in a new area we haven't seen yet, who knows though.

Edit: But even more likely are map or dungeon expansions made for Tenebrae and Shiva's area. Chapter 12 is criminally short and is the most obvious of not letting you explore the world around you. After chapter 10 though, I feel like these 2 chapters could seriously use revamps, be it part of a DLC or a free update in smaller forms.