Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
most likely out of bounds + god mode glitch
What' weird though is that anything near the citadel gives the "WoR" look/color to it. How far is this entrance from the citadel? It's not the main entrance before you fight ifrit from what i can tell.

Edit: ahh I see it' directly across from the citadel entrance heading away from it. That's decently further, depending on how much of that area we can actually explore

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...e-of-no-consequence.21911/page-5#post-4368291
"Just finished the game.

Re-experiencing the entirety of FFXV's story in a cute different form was a fun experience.

Anyways, no, there's no Royal Edition content here.

It's basically the day 1 version of the game almost one-to-one. No Ch13 Verse 2, no chapter 12 lore dump, no Shiva's latest update dialogue.

What's interesting is that there's new dialogue. The most important one was in the final conversation between Noctis and Ardyn. Yup, there's conversation this time around instead of Noct yelling DEAD MEAT... And it's a rather great one. There's new banter too. I wonder if it will make it to the Royal Edition.

The Leviathan battle is a but more expanding with a minute of jumping on the rooftops resembling 2013's trailer ;p. Chapter 12's area is expanding into more of a mini-dungeon. I think that's about it for changes.

Otherwise it's a great little demake. Had lots of fun with it."
yeah i watched noctis and ardyns final confrontation and theres a lot more dialogue in that part, but interesting to know leviathan's fight is a bit different and that chapter 12 has a mini-dungeon, makes you think..

about riku being similar to noctis:

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/962251994990755840

it does, but whatever i love nomura's designs ;p

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
yeah i watched noctis and ardyns final confrontation and theres a lot more dialogue in that part.
Hehehe... Maybe in my fantasies the dialogue would contain phrases from Ardyn like "We are all puppets to divine will.", "So you would fulfill our maker's wishes? So naive.", or "We dance to the tune of the Six. And the Six dance to theirs. Alas for this world." Just my fantasy. ;)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...e-of-no-consequence.21911/page-5#post-4368291

yeah i watched noctis and ardyns final confrontation and theres a lot more dialogue in that part, but interesting to know leviathan's fight is a bit different and that chapter 12 has a mini-dungeon, makes you think..

Interestingly enough, updates to Chapter 12 and that fight are some of the most vocal changes I've heard. Perhaps that will be possible. What expanded in chapter 12? Tenebrae or Shiva?

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

I wonder what the Chapter 12 Mini-Dungeon was, perhaps they could apply it to the core versions of the game at some point, that would be nice.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
this is really interesting

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-ot-reset-your-throne.377/page-39#post-4390020
spoilers from final game (pocket edition)
"Ardyn teases Noct telling him that the whole chosen king thing is bullshit and that he's merely a tool of the crystal and that it's sacrificing him for its own goals, he also throws a weird line about how it's better for humanity to live in the peace of the darkness that feels like it came out directly from Dark Souls.

Noct replies that he doesn't mind as long as it means banishing the darkness and defeating him, and says that he'll help Ardyn get back to his original nature, "a noble and kind king".

Ardyn then yells that a kid that let his father and beloved die is judging him is bullshit, then he gradually outbursts in anger declaring that he hates Noctis more than anything, before Noct dealing the final blow."
this dialogue might be included on the royal edition hopefully (its very dramatic and it shows ardyns internal anger better i feel), and about the dungeon:
What happens is that after defeating the monsters outside the train, Deathclaw appears on the train's roof and throw you out of it then you have to climb through a small level - think the level before Titan's fight - to get back to the train. You certainly see more of the snow area and Shiva's corpse than in the console version.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-ot-reset-your-throne.377/page-39#post-4390020

this dialogue might be included on the royal edition hopefully (its very dramatic and it shows ardyns internal anger better i feel), and about the dungeon:
Nice, perhaps they could implement the Mini-Dungeon into Chapter 12 at some point, along with the new Ardyn dialogue, from what you're saying about the dialogue, I feel it could make the ending more bittersweet, and I like it.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

spoilers from final game (pocket edition)
"Ardyn teases Noct telling him that the whole chosen king thing is bullshit and that he's merely a tool of the crystal and that it's sacrificing him for its own goals, he also throws a weird line about how it's better for humanity to live in the peace of the darkness that feels like it came out directly from Dark Souls.

Noct replies that he doesn't mind as long as it means banishing the darkness and defeating him, and says that he'll help Ardyn get back to his original nature, "a noble and kind king".

Ardyn then yells that a kid that let his father and beloved die is judging him is bullshit, then he gradually outbursts in anger declaring that he hates Noctis more than anything, before Noct dealing the final blow."

What happens is that after defeating the monsters outside the train, Deathclaw appears on the train's roof and throw you out of it then you have to climb through a small level - think the level before Titan's fight - to get back to the train. You certainly see more of the snow area and Shiva's corpse than in the console version.
All of this sounds fantastic. I really hope that we get it in the Royal Edition... and I can't imagine we won't at least get the Ardyn dialogue, since they would have needed to record voice acting for the Pocket Edition anyway.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
That's actually a great little set piece for Shiva that they should definitely implement. The problem with chapter 12 is that it can takes 20 minutes to complete, just like Chapter 11. If this and something in Tenebrae can actually be added, and make chapter 12 feel like an actual chapter, that already improves the flow of that chapter 10 fold.

Same thing with Chapter 9 and Leviathan. Adding more set pieces in that fight, while not directly improving the fight, extends the tension and brings it closer to that 2013 trailer vibe.

If they are in fact eventually to be realized in the main game

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
That's actually a great little set piece for Shiva that they should definitely implement. The problem with chapter 12 is that it can takes 20 minutes to complete, just like Chapter 11. If this and something in Tenebrae can actually be added, and make chapter 12 feel like an actual chapter, that already improves the flow of that chapter 10 fold.

Same thing with Chapter 9 and Leviathan. Adding more set pieces in that fight, while not directly improving the fight, extends the tension and brings it closer to that 2013 trailer vibe.

If they are in fact eventually to be realized in the main game
I feel like the Leviathan one could be easier to implement, as it could draw heavily from Episode Ignis... though if they had started a Pocket Edition style Chapter 12 dungeon that they didn't have a chance to finish before release, that could be a relatively plausible addition as well.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I feel like the Leviathan one could be easier to implement, as it could draw heavily from Episode Ignis... though if they had started a Pocket Edition style Chapter 12 dungeon that they didn't have a chance to finish before release, that could be a relatively plausible addition as well.
I was gonna say they have so many assets developed from episode ignis that designing a better Leviathan sequence may be easier to do now.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I wonder if we'll even see the assets also applied to Altissia pre-invasion, since many wanted to explore more areas after all.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, in all honesty, both chapters 8 and 9 could use something along with the Niflheim chapters, its just a question on if they will actually spend the time to improve the portion as well.