Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Wait....there's even more dialogue??? Are they seriously implementing WoR so soon?

The December 2016 leak talked about how in the WoR, you were to find all 3 bros in different parts of Lucis to actually meet up with them again. Oddly enough, Ignis is the only person responding here, and it sounds personal, like of the other 2 weren't around yet because you are actually going around getting them. Maybe this is actually happening??

I could see a free update for everyone being the WoR and the Royal Update being Insomnia, so that way, no matter what, everyone gets a piece of an updated Chapter 14.

Edit: And according to the Twitter posts on that page, the dialogue ONLY happens when you are on a Chocobo, which means it's likely not new dialogue from Insomnia, AND ALSO means you have to be traveling on a chocobo with timeskip characters. If we don't get the WoR as an update on the next few months I'll be shocked.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Wait....there's even more dialogue??? Are they seriously implementing WoR so soon?

The December 2016 leak talked about how in the WoR, you were to find all 3 bros in different parts of Lucis to actually meet up with them again. Oddly enough, Ignis is the only person responding here, and it sounds personal, like of the other 2 weren't around yet because you are actually going around getting them. Maybe this is actually happening??

I could see a free update for everyone being the WoR and the Royal Update being Insomnia, so that way, no matter what, everyone gets a piece of an updated Chapter 14.

Edit: And according to the Twitter posts on that page, the dialogue ONLY happens when you are on a Chocobo, which means it's likely not new dialogue from Insomnia, AND ALSO means you have to be traveling on a chocobo with timeskip characters. If we don't get the WoR as an update on the next few months I'll be shocked.
Instances where Noctis talked and only one bro responded is normal.

It happened in chapter 14, when you're walking around Insomnia with the guys.

Tbh the new dialogue lines appearing seem to be glitches that have been exploited, so at this point in time, we don't know 100% whether they need to be on a chocobo for it to activate.

It would be swell if they change the chapter so that we met the bros individually across the land.

I always felt that meeting them all at once in Hammerhead was bad and felt awfully rushed and forced. It didn't seem realistic for a reunion between friends after 10 years of darkness and absence.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Late to saying this and last time bringing this up because we already discussed it at length.

Extra Boss Omega
It could still be a boss in chapter 14 instead of post-game (it ultimately doesn't change a lot its placement because ch14 & ch15 are almost identical, outside of the later unlocking lots of content) when you consider that there's a Lv.72 daemon (Iseultalon) roaming in a Lv.45-50 dungeon.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
so to anyone anticipating the next chapter 10 update, if they do something big like adding an entire area with new quests they'll certainly release a video preview for it like a week before.

they always make those when the update is relevant (regalia-d, character swap), if they don't promote the update then it most likely means its nothing big.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
so to anyone anticipating the next chapter 10 update, if they do something big like adding an entire area with new quests they'll certainly release a video preview for it like a week before.

they always make those when the update is relevant (regalia-d, character swap), if they don't promote the update then it most likely means its nothing big.
Yeah, we'll see if the Chapter 10 update is big or not, we have no idea what the new quest is or where it'll take place, it's a complete mystery, and if they don't release a preview, then don't get your hopes up for it to be big. The Royal Edition/Pack is where that is.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Tbh the new dialogue lines appearing seem to be glitches that have been exploited, so at this point in time, we don't know 100% whether they need to be on a chocobo for it to activate.
We don't know 100%, no, but given that the lines related to the Regalia correctly triggered only when the guys were in the Regalia, it seems reasonable to assume that lines that only trigger when on a Chocobo are intended to be triggered while on a Chocobo.

It would be swell if they change the chapter so that we met the bros individually across the land.

I always felt that meeting them all at once in Hammerhead was bad and felt awfully rushed and forced. It didn't seem realistic for a reunion between friends after 10 years of darkness and absence.
It did seem a little rushed, but I do have to wonder what they'd do with the note Noct received if the bros weren't all at Hammerhead when Noct arrived. I guess someone could tell Noct that the bros got called away for something important, and he could have to help each bro out in a fight against daemons when he finds them...?

Yeah, we'll see if the Chapter 10 update is big or not, we have no idea what the new quest is or where it'll take place, it's a complete mystery, and if they don't release a preview, then don't get your hopes up for it to be big. The Royal Edition/Pack is where that is.
Is that true? The out-of-bounds glitch videos seem to give a decent idea of where the quest would take place, as far as I can tell.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
We don't know 100%, no, but given that the lines related to the Regalia correctly triggered only when the guys were in the Regalia, it seems reasonable to assume that lines that only trigger when on a Chocobo are intended to be triggered while on a Chocobo.

It did seem a little rushed, but I do have to wonder what they'd do with the note Noct received if the bros weren't all at Hammerhead when Noct arrived. I guess someone could tell Noct that the bros got called away for something important, and he could have to help each bro out in a fight against daemons when he finds them...?

Is that true? The out-of-bounds glitch videos seem to give a decent idea of where the quest would take place, as far as I can tell.
Nex TheUser said that Cartanica coastal town was always there, and someone else said the town loading was due to update 1.16 or 1.18. We have no real way of knowing, but we'll see in March. The Royal Edition/Pack has nothing to do with the Chapter 10 quest, though.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
That...would be pretty meh (and likely possible). The point of the chapter 8 quest was more about introducing a new combat mechanic in a cool side boss fight as a tutorial, i figured what they're going for in chapter 10 would be more substantial.

We'll just have to see in the followig upcoming weeks.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
That...would be pretty meh (and likely possible). The point of the chapter 8 quest was more about introducing a new combat mechanic in a cool side boss fight as a tutorial, i figured what they're going for in chapter 10 would be more substantial.

We'll just have to see in the followig upcoming weeks.
Perhaps it could be related to the Armiger Unleashed accessory, like a foreshadowing teaser of sorts.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I expect the new Chapter 10 side quest to be something like the new quest that was added on Chapter 8 back in July last year, nothing game changing.
well the translator said the word used in japanese could either mean singular (one quest) or plural.

SQ also released exciting updates right before their dlcs to bring attention to the game (regalia-d > ep prompto, character swap > ep ignis); its possible they might to something big with the next update to hype up the royal pack.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Nex TheUser said that Cartanica coastal town was always there, and someone else said the town loading was due to update 1.16 or 1.18. We have no real way of knowing, but we'll see in March. The Royal Edition/Pack has nothing to do with the Chapter 10 quest, though.
On that same note though Nex did say to me on Reddit that assets were updated in that area too. The fact that the area always loads now even when you glitch out in cartanica after the last patch really says something about what they may be doing.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://twitter.com/crystamined/status/962323118160302080
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/963071059288383488

yup thats crazy similar lol

On that same note though Nex did say to me on Reddit that assets were updated in that area too. The fact that the area always loads now even when you glitch out in cartanica after the last patch really says something about what they may be doing.
i find it hard to believe they're planning to add an area so far away from the station, makes more sense to finalize the area between the station and the dungeon, i suppose it would be easier to implement.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
https://twitter.com/crystamined/status/962323118160302080
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/963071059288383488

yup thats crazy similar lol

i find it hard to believe they're planning to add an area so far away from the station, makes more sense to finalize the area between the station and the dungeon, i suppose it would be easier to implement.

It's more like that i can see them smoothing out the rough transitions in the game to begin with. Yes making Cartanica open is a priority for us but also smoothing out how we go from Altissia to Niflheim needed to be more believable. I can see them adding an area to explore before going on the train as well as a result, and potentially even using the new Boat to show how the Bros dock there.

Here are other examples of this:

1. Skipping Cartanica and going directly to the dungeon through a loading screen(it's part of the reason why people want cartanica open) as well as the transition back. You can actually see from an old Malboro trailer we were supposed to enter the the dungeon through the tree from above, but it just loads us in.

2. The choppy transition between chapters 10 and 13 overall. Most likely this can't be resolved due to loading times but actually adding more stops and things to do to increase chapter lengths could help that. Example would be how nothing to do in Tenebrae or the Shiva area lowers that transition/immersion factor as well.

3. in a different manner, Gralea does have some choppy areas. It's almost like there were supposed to be more cutscenes with the Empire there but they got cut (we've known this too through leaks). The chapter could use more playable area (in the actual city) as well as the reworked cutscenes to help the linear sections length (it was definitely that long due to supposedly having more cutscenes there).

4. Hearing about the WoR in game then skipping anything in Lucis only to be teleported to Insomnia is probably the worst culprit. Not just to Insomnia but extremely close to the citadel, we don't even knpw how they got there.

Actually the most important thing I can say is remember how the game transitioned from Caem to Altissia? Same as how we followed Ardyn to Titan, and how we traveled all across Lucis to our destinations? That is how I expected every other location transtion to be in game. Even to Niflheim from Altissia after a loading screen, even across that continent especially because it was linear, and even to Insomnia at the end of the game.

The whole game is a journey and is established as one. When they take out 75% of the actual journey and traveling in chapters 9-14 it definitely shows. BUT, I am hopeful that everything I just said will be improved in some way (not exactly the way I say them either) at some point. Its just a question of when and how, because reducing the linearity abruptness in this portion of the game is probably the most important thing they can do. There is a stark difference between the games transitions from chapters 1-7 to 9-14.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
They could change what was written on the note and even Talcott’s dialogue about all the guys waiting there.

They’ve changed dialogue and scenes before (aka chapter 12).

So for that scenario, either the guys got called away, or they were unable to contact them but X was last seen at Y and now you have to go search.

The reunion needs to be more heartfelt. The current one was way too “oh hey you’re back. Alright let’s go.”

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Well... there's always another possibility as to the nature of this particular area. Here's a good Youtube video showing the town:

The most notable thing about the town, to me, is that the reason it's so far from Cartanica is that it's near the water. Perhaps instead of simply allowing the player to drive from Cartanica to the dungeon (which would be a nice addition in and of itself), BD2 intends to let the player visit the first town that Noct and co. reach on the Niflheim continent.

It's more like that i can see them smoothing out the rough transitions in the game to begin with. Yes making Cartanica open is a priority for us but also smoothing out how we go from Altissia to Niflheim needed to be more believable. I can see them adding an area to explore before going on the train as well as a result, and potentially even using the new Boat to show how the Bros dock there.

Here are other examples of this:

1. Skipping Cartanica and going directly to the dungeon through a loading screen(it's part of the reason why people want cartanica open) as well as the transition back. You can actually see from an old Malboro trailer we were supposed to enter the the dungeon through the tree from above, but it just loads us in.

2. The choppy transition between chapters 10 and 13 overall. Most likely this can't be resolved due to loading times but actually adding more stops and things to do to increase chapter lengths could help that. Example would be how nothing to do in Tenebrae or the Shiva area lowers that transition/immersion factor as well.

3. in a different manner, Gralea does have some choppy areas. It's almost like there were supposed to be more cutscenes with the Empire there but they got cut (we've known this too through leaks). The chapter could use more playable area (in the actual city) as well as the reworked cutscenes to help the linear sections length (it was definitely that long due to supposedly having more cutscenes there).

4. Hearing about the WoR in game then skipping anything in Lucis only to be teleported to Insomnia is probably the worst culprit. Not just to Insomnia but extremely close to the citadel, we don't even knpw how they got there.

Actually the most important thing I can say is remember how the game transitioned from Caem to Altissia? Same as how we followed Ardyn to Titan, and how we traveled all across Lucis to our destinations? That is how I expected every other location transtion to be in game. Even to Niflheim from Altissia after a loading screen, even across that continent especially because it was linear, and even to Insomnia at the end of the game.

The whole game is a journey and is established as one. When they take out 75% of the actual journey and traveling in chapters 9-14 it definitely shows. BUT, I am hopeful that everything I just said will be improved in some way (not exactly the way I say them either) at some point. Its just a question of when and how, because reducing the linearity abruptness in this portion of the game is probably the most important thing they can do. There is a stark difference between the games transitions from chapters 1-7 to 9-14.
I feel like, apart from the Cartanica loading screen, the game didn't do a bad job of keeping the bros' travel through the Niflheim continent on-screen. You're on a train most of the time, of course, but that's not the same as being teleported from one location to another.

Here's what I would consider most useful:

1) Update the Leviathan fight to include the mini-dungeon from the Pocket Edition.

2) Show the boat ride between Altissia and the first town in Niflheim, and let Noct explore the first town in Niflheim a little bit.

3) Provide a reasonable-sized open-world chunk around Cartanica and its dungeon that the bros can traverse in the Regalia.

4) Update Chapter 12 to include the mini-dungeon from the Pocket Edition.

5) Implement Chapter 13:2 in-line with Chapter 13 proper.

6) Provide a reasonable-sized open-world chunk around World of Ruin Hammerhead (extending into Insomnia) that the bros can traverse in the Regalia/by riding Chocobos.

If they pulled all of that off, of course, it'd be a transformation the like of which defies easy comparison. In Kingdom Hearts terms, it'd be more like a Re: than a Final Mix. XD;

They could change what was written on the note and even Talcott’s dialogue about all the guys waiting there.

They’ve changed dialogue and scenes before (aka chapter 12).

So for that scenario, either the guys got called away, or they were unable to contact them but X was last seen at Y and now you have to go search.

The reunion needs to be more heartfelt. The current one was way too “oh hey you’re back. Alright let’s go.”
True, though I thought they sort of doubled down on it in the Comrades cutscene, which they probably wouldn't have done if they intended to change it. Having the guys get called away (most conveniently, perhaps, in an attempt to find parts to repair the Regalia?) seems like it'd be the easier solution.

A more heartfelt reunion would definitely be appreciated, I agree... and having Noct show up just in time to help his bros fight off overwhelming odds could be a perfect means by which to affect that. ;)