Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Holy crap that 1.21 glitch video...

I had no idea the extend of which they were changing the Niflheim continent. I spot Cindy's truck.

Massive changes incoming I think. There's got to be a reason as to why they're so quiet now.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well... there's always another possibility as to the nature of this particular area. Here's a good Youtube video showing the town:

The most notable thing about the town, to me, is that the reason it's so far from Cartanica is that it's near the water. Perhaps instead of simply allowing the player to drive from Cartanica to the dungeon (which would be a nice addition in and of itself), BD2 intends to let the player visit the first town that Noct and co. reach on the Niflheim continent.

I feel like, apart from the Cartanica loading screen, the game didn't do a bad job of keeping the bros' travel through the Niflheim continent on-screen. You're on a train most of the time, of course, but that's not the same as being teleported from one location to another.

Here's what I would consider most useful:

1) Update the Leviathan fight to include the mini-dungeon from the Pocket Edition.

2) Show the boat ride between Altissia and the first town in Niflheim, and let Noct explore the first town in Niflheim a little bit.

3) Provide a reasonable-sized open-world chunk around Cartanica and its dungeon that the bros can traverse in the Regalia.

4) Update Chapter 12 to include the mini-dungeon from the Pocket Edition.

5) Implement Chapter 13:2 in-line with Chapter 13 proper.

6) Provide a reasonable-sized open-world chunk around World of Ruin Hammerhead (extending into Insomnia) that the bros can traverse in the Regalia/by riding Chocobos.

If they pulled all of that off, of course, it'd be a transformation the like of which defies easy comparison. In Kingdom Hearts terms, it'd be more like a Re: than a Final Mix. XD;

True, though I thought they sort of doubled down on it in the Comrades cutscene, which they probably wouldn't have done if they intended to change it. Having the guys get called away (most conveniently, perhaps, in an attempt to find parts to repair the Regalia?) seems like it'd be the easier solution.

A more heartfelt reunion would definitely be appreciated, I agree... and having Noct show up just in time to help his bros fight off overwhelming odds could be a perfect means by which to affect that. ;)

100% agreed with everything, your second point is what I meant about transitions. I also think additions to Tenebrae made in Chapter 12 are also possible. A dungeon is something I think most people have wanted more than anything since day 1.

Having a small/decent sized city dungeon in Gralea, similar to Insomnia would also be really cool, but I'll stay realistic and say that it probably wont happen.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Holy crap that 1.21 glitch video...

I had no idea the extend of which they were changing the Niflheim continent. I spot Cindy's truck

Massive changes incoming I think. There's got to be a reason as to why they're so quiet now.
It's important to note that Cindys truck has been there for a few patches, but was not there in the beginning. To add it to the continent after release likely means they may plan on doing something with that area, especially if you can use the Regalia and run out of gas with it.

I'm figuring the following changes may be on the horizon soon:

1. That port town and Cartanica opening up Chapter 10. We have assets that have been added patch after patch and have been modified as if they are eventually preparing something.

2. WoR becoming an actual thing. The June poll having it appear means it was probably noted by them as something to expand. The timeskip dialogue with Noctis talking in the car likely means that we may be able to drive the car again in Chapter 14, regardless of how much that hurts the chapter 13 scene (is take WoR over the sadness of that scene any day).

3. Leviathan getting these fight additions from Pocket Edition

4. The Arctic Crevasse being added to chapter 12 (the mini-shiva dungeon).

All in all it gives chapter 9 a decent update, Chapter 10 the best it could get, chapter 12 fulfilling half of a perfect update (the other half would also be to add in a Tenebrae area to explore as well), and by far perfecting chapter 14 between a new WoR and the Royal Update adding to Insomnia.

Edit: And most importantly, everything mentioned by @Ikkin and me was scrapped according to the Dec 2016 leak. To put these back in would have a substantial effect on the game and are probably things they know they should add. Pocket Edition already technically added 2 of them.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
100% agreed with everything, your second point is what I meant about transitions. I also think additions to Tenebrae made in Chapter 12 are also possible. A dungeon is something I think most people have wanted more than anything since day 1.

Having a small/decent sized city dungeon in Gralea, similar to Insomnia would also be really cool, but I'll stay realistic and say that it probably wont happen.
Well, there were a number of things I wanted more than a Chapter 12 dungeon, but most of them have either been added or are being worked on. XD

As for Gralea... that seems much less likely than what @Paperchampion23 and I have been talking about, if only because, as @Paperchampion23 says, we're talking about things that one of the most believable leaks said had already been partially made.

What's more likely, I think, is to get the other half of the "perfect Chapter 12 update" and have the supposed Tenebrae mini-dungeon finished. And if we got all of that, along with the Royal Edition upgrades to Insomnia, the second half of the game could be almost as solid as the first. (All I'd really want at that point is for Chapter 13:2 and the Episodes to get integrated into the main chronology somehow... and whatever Episodes Ardyn and Luna were meant to be.)

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Well, there were a number of things I wanted more than a Chapter 12 dungeon, but most of them have either been added or are being worked on. XD

As for Gralea... that seems much less likely than what @Paperchampion23 and I have been talking about, if only because, as @Paperchampion23 says, we're talking about things that one of the most believable leaks said had already been partially made.

What's more likely, I think, is to get the other half of the "perfect Chapter 12 update" and have the supposed Tenebrae mini-dungeon finished. And if we got all of that, along with the Royal Edition upgrades to Insomnia, the second half of the game could be almost as solid as the first. (All I'd really want at that point is for Chapter 13:2 and the Episodes to get integrated into the main chronology somehow... and whatever Episodes Ardyn and Luna were meant to be.)
Someone should ask Square Enix about whether the new Shiva Dungeon from the Pocket Edition, along with the revamped Leviathan fight from the Pocket Edition would be coming in future updates or not. I would love to have that Dungeon, especially seeing it on the Pocket Edition. It looks great despite it being on a phone.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
So I took a look at the "expanded" Leviathan fight, and Shiva "dungeon" in PE and I think you guys are overstating their "improvements" over the base game.

The lead up to Levi fight has arbitrally three more rooms (with the same type of enemies!), Ok you can warp and walk on the roofs of building debris (making something visually akin to 2013 trailers) BUT is ultimately barely different from the original warp and walk on the floors of building debris...

The Shiva "dungeon" is just an extra open room filled with daemons, yes you have to go up again to fight the boss but did that part really for more padded fighting?

Chapter 9 and 12 are fine as they are now.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So I took a look at the "expanded" Leviathan fight, and Shiva "dungeon" in PE and I think you guys are overstating their "improvements" over the base game.

The lead up to Levi fight has arbitrally three more rooms (with the same type of enemies!), Ok you can warp and walk on the roofs of building debris (making something visually akin to 2013 trailers) BUT is ultimately barely different from the original warp and walk on the floors of building debris...

The Shiva "dungeon" is just an extra open room filled with daemons, yes you have to go up again to fight the boss but did that part really for more padded fighting?

Chapter 9 and 12 are fine as they are now.
the improvement is tied to the fact both levels felt rushed.

if a dungeon like that one ended up being included it wouldn't be just padded fighting because you'll have the opportunity to explore and see a bit more of that area and shiva's corpse.

those "improvements" aren't really nothing special, and that just shows how relatively barebones those same levels were in the main game imo.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yup it's all about how the game transitions a journey and current form doesnt let more things happen which is exactly it's problem.

Plus the pocket edition is not exactly a 1 to 1 creation. I could see both being much bigger in the main game

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Can you translate this guy's tweets? They seem to be from an event.:

https://twitter.com/linecross0102

Edit:

I tried to Google translate one of the tweets, and this was on my screen.:

Tonight's FF 15 talk show summary ③
· Royal, as the complement of the story has been various, I want you to look forward to it
· Details can not be said but an update will be scheduled in March
· Episode Daska was scheduled for the first episode Titan, but changed to trial version centered on open world
· Royal Insomnia can go only in Chapter 14

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Can you translate this guy's tweets? They seem to be from an event.:

https://twitter.com/linecross0102

Edit:

I tried to Google translate one of the tweets, and this was on my screen.:

Tonight's FF 15 talk show summary ③
· Royal, as the complement of the story has been various, I want you to look forward to it
· Details can not be said but an update will be scheduled in March
· Episode Daska was scheduled for the first episode Titan, but changed to trial version centered on open world
· Royal Insomnia can go only in Chapter 14
Tbh I don't think it says anything significant but I could be wrong

-Wants you to look forward to the Royal Update, regardless of how much you liked the story

-March update is a secret (we've already seen at least part of the patch notes, if not the whole thing)

-titan demo may have been the first demo they wanted to show, but decided on Episode Duscae for it's open world (I don't think I get this one).

-you can only go to the new insomnia map in Chapter 14.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Tbh I don't think it says anything significant but I could be wrong

-Wants you to look forward to the Royal Update, regardless of how much you liked the story

-March update is a secret (we've already seen at least part of the patch notes, if not the whole thing)

-titan demo may have been the first demo they wanted to show, but decided on Episode Duscae for it's open world (I don't think I get this one).

-you can only go to the new insomnia map in Chapter 14.
Yeah, but there are other tweets, too. This was just an example I translated, as there are a lot of them,

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, I think we could wait for someone to translate these.
Here are some of the tweets.

- They complain about how hard it was to characterize Ignis, and it still is, since they mention struggling and flip-flopping with his DLC episode.
- The initial Car pushing sequence was planned to last 15 minutes, that beginning area was framed in such a way so you could see distant landmarks and get excited for the journey.
- They want people to look forward to the Royal pack due to "various" story changes/complements, but specifically omit details.
- In Chapter 3, they expected people to meet Iris first and then do the Chocobo sidequest, but it turns out that most people did the sidequest first. There is unique dialog at the Waterfall dungeon if you do it before the Chocobo sidequest.
- Insomia's new map introduced by Royal content is locked to chapter 14 only.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-ot-reset-your-throne.377/page-42#post-4492844

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Here are some of the tweets.

- They complain about how hard it was to characterize Ignis, and it still is, since they mention struggling and flip-flopping with his DLC episode.
- The initial Car pushing sequence was planned to last 15 minutes, that beginning area was framed in such a way so you could see distant landmarks and get excited for the journey.
- They want people to look forward to the Royal pack due to "various" story changes/complements, but specifically omit details.
- In Chapter 3, they expected people to meet Iris first and then do the Chocobo sidequest, but it turns out that most people did the sidequest first. There is unique dialog at the Waterfall dungeon if you do it before the Chocobo sidequest.
- Insomia's new map introduced by Royal content is locked to chapter 14 only.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-ot-reset-your-throne.377/page-42#post-4492844
I do find it quite hilarious they expected us to go to Iris in Chapter 3 before the Chocobos. Also, the new Insomnia map being locked to Chapter 14 is what I expected it to be, I knew but I'm glad they confirmed it.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
so maybe they are putting it back lol? They completely left in the dialogue in where Noct points out that they were talking in hammerhead.
Who knows? We may have to wait and see, although I am intrigued what the various story changes Chapter 14 through the Royal Pacl will be, that does excite me and make me curious, what do you think that means?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Who knows? We may have to wait and see, although I am intrigued what the various story changes Chapter 14 through the Royal Pacl will be, that does excite me and make me curious, what do you think that means?

Well at least it'll be what we saw in the trailer.

Having the Glaive come with you to Insomnia along with Cor is already new changes, plus Ardyn sealing off the Citadel with some red forcefield, summoning Ifrit, as well as fighting the Kings. Whatever Luna's presence will signify is also a big change.

I think there will be more, considering they are keeping it a secret. I'm like 90% sure there will be much more to Ardyn's conflict at the end, as a think an extended fight in the beyond/afterlife is what everyone wants.

Aside from that, hopefully some great surprises.