Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Lol that’s kinda funny.

Couerls are cute since I like cats but I can acknowledge that they’re hell raisers during battle :p

That aside, I think it’s a given that chapter 14 is getting a massive overhaul.

Perhaps there will even be an hours worth of story content?

I think that's a good amount more, at least with Insomnia. I do think they will give everyone the WoR as a free update at some point, which may add another hour or two of story content to chapter 14 as well. In terms of extra content, hopefully both WoR and Insomnia have a decent amount to do that we can play in both areas for hours (that is assuming WoR is coming)

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I think that's a good amount more, at least with Insomnia. I do think they will give everyone the WoR as a free update at some point, which may add another hour or two of story content to chapter 14 as well. In terms of extra content, hopefully both WoR and Insomnia have a decent amount to do that we can play in both areas for hours (that is assuming WoR is coming)
March 6th is long of a wait right now.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Thinking about it I'm starting to feel less enthusiast about getting more WoR content (outside of more Insomnia). Mainly because we already have a fully explorable "WoR" in the game itself, it just available from 20:00 pm to 5:00 am in-game (and with more enemy variety than just daemons as well as having more extra activities and freedom than the story in ch14 could allow to), the post game content makes that a bit more redundant in me eyes.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Thinking about it I'm starting to feel less enthusiast about getting more WoR content (outside of more Insomnia). Mainly because we already have a "WoR" in the game itself, it just available from 20:00 pm to 5:00 am in-game (and with more enemy variety than just daemons as well as having more extra activities and freedom than the story in ch14 could allow to), the post game content makes that a bit more redundant in me eyes.
Yeah, while I would like to explore the World of Ruin, I can only see Noctis and his friends driving the rebuilt Regalia with the dialogue that was found in the latest patch as they break through to Insomnia via the bridge, but we'll wait and see, and I'm fine with the World of Ruin in Comrades, too.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Thinking about it I'm starting to feel less enthusiast about getting more WoR content (outside of more Insomnia). Mainly because we already have a fully explorable "WoR" in the game itself, it just available from 20:00 pm to 5:00 am in-game (and with more enemy variety than just daemons as well as having more extra activities and freedom than the story in ch14 could allow to), the post game content makes that a bit more redundant in me eyes.
That's why it'd be easy to implement. It's not really about the WoR itself, but about the timeskip characters people wanted to see (Iris, Cindy, Aranea) as well as making the reunion with the Bros more meaningful. The leak from last year basically said that you were supposed to go out in the WoR and find them all. They weren't just magically waiting for you back at hammerhead after 10 years.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Tbh i's be fine if WoR only just went up to Lestallum and before heading to Insomnia, anything else would probably feel like padded filler imo.
That's one version how I could see it be like, as in the trailer, Noctis was talking to remnants of the Kingsglaive in some sort of base, I would be fine with that.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Tbh i's be fine if WoR only just went up to Lestallum and before heading to Insomnia, anything else would probably feel like padded filler imo.
Honestly, if it was even linear with specifically story segments id be satisfied. Though I guess it'd be cool if a few new superbosses were in there.

Edit: Fuck my autocorrect

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Whether it be linear path to Lestallum then straight to Insomnia, or lots of padded filler, it’s better than what we got now.

Tbh I’d prefer the first scenario with lots of padded filler in between.

The more time we get to play in the WoR setting with the older cast, the better.

I’d like to revisit every area in the Lucis continent to see what happened during the 10 years.

I’d even say Lestallum only then straight to Insomnia would be too short and shallow. That’s just me though.

I’d prefer them to go balls out with these updates but I get that may not be possible.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Whether it be linear path to Lestallum then straight to Insomnia, or lots of padded filler, it’s better than what we got now.

Tbh I’d prefer the first scenario with padded filler in between.

The more time we get to play on the WoR setting with the older cast, the better.

I’d like to revisit every area in the Lucis continent to see what happened during the 10 years.

I’d even say Lestallum only then straight to Insomnia would be too short and shallow. That’s just me though.

I’d prefer them to go balls out with these updates but I get that may not be possible.
I would be just fine going from Angelguard to Hammerhead, to Lestallum, meet up with Cor there, as well as potentially other characters as well as the remnants of the Kingsglaive from the trailer for Noctis to give his speech to, and to Insomnia, as that would help the build up for the end-game for me, as I said, I don't mind linearity. I'm not even asking for the entire World of Ruin to be opened up, just used a little more story-wise and to help ready the final battle, with the build up for the end-game being done by any way possible, like through the new dialogue that was found or what I said above.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

Tbh I’d prefer the first scenario with lots of padded filler in between.

The more time we get to play in the WoR setting with the older cast, the better.

Nah I'm in the same boat, but I'll take what I can get lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I would be just fine going from Angelguard to Hammerhead, to Lestallum, meet up with Cor there, as well as potentially other characters as well as the remnants of the Kingsglaive from the trailer for Noctis to give his speech to, and to Insomnia, as that would help the build up for the end-game for me, as I said, I don't mind linearity. I'm not even asking for the entire World of Ruin to be opened up, just used a little more story-wise and to help ready the final battle, with the build to the end-game being done by any way possible, like through the new dialogue that was found or what I said above.
So long as the linearity is done well, then I wouldn’t mind it.

Before, we got a game that was rushed and missing things because of time constraints, which I fully understand.

Now that they’re taking the time to properly update the game, I think it’s fair to expect then to put a lot into these updates.

It wouldn’t fly too well if these updates were shallow in nature tbh, especially toward those who were patient and understanding.

It’s not just the fans though. It would be favourable for the company too. This is the perfect opportunity for them to showcase how great this game can be with hefty updates.

The haters would finally be quiet and fans would be pleased that the wait was worth it.

Nah I'm in the same boat, but I'll take what I can get lol
This is true as well I suppose lol.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
So I took a look at the "expanded" Leviathan fight, and Shiva "dungeon" in PE and I think you guys are overstating their "improvements" over the base game.

The lead up to Levi fight has arbitrally three more rooms (with the same type of enemies!), Ok you can warp and walk on the roofs of building debris (making something visually akin to 2013 trailers) BUT is ultimately barely different from the original warp and walk on the floors of building debris...

The Shiva "dungeon" is just an extra open room filled with daemons, yes you have to go up again to fight the boss but did that part really for more padded fighting?

Chapter 9 and 12 are fine as they are now.
With regards to the Leviathan fight, all I really care about is making the setpiece as impressive as possible... and, while it's hard for the mobile game to be particularly impressive given its visual style and its inability to trigger instant warp strikes, expanding the Pocket Edition addition into an HD equivalent could be really cool. You get to run along a hallway while Leviathan's water-doubles destroy dropships, you have to warp out of said hallway after one of said dropships crashes into it, you get to warp between different areas that you can't reach otherwise because of the destruction... it could definitely help make the setpiece feel more substantial.

I'd still argue that Episode Ignis should be mandatory in the game's final form, of course, but adding a bit more setpiece to Noct's section of the Leviathan fight would at least be a start.

As for the Shiva dungeon, again, I think it's critical to consider the difference between a mobile game and an HD game. An HD equivalent of the Shiva dungeon literally couldn't look the same way as the Pocket Edition dungeon looked. For the scale to make any sense, the dungeon would have to be more like the Titan dungeon, which would be plenty sufficient to improve the pacing.

I think there will be more, considering they are keeping it a secret. I'm like 90% sure there will be much more to Ardyn's conflict at the end, as a think an extended fight in the beyond/afterlife is what everyone wants.
Not me! I wouldn't mind the current fight with Ardyn being expanded, but I don't think it would be thematically appropriate to have another fight after Noct ascended to the throne.

That is a really cool bit of artwork. I really doubt it's meant to be taken literally -- it makes little sense for Luna to face off against Ardyn, really -- but the implication that Luna might be shown using her trident in combat is appreciated regardless.

And on the subject of the link...

The car-pushing event at the beginning of Chapter 1 was initially going to be 15 minutes long.
That would have been Kojima-level trolling, wow. Does anyone still want to argue that Chapter 13 wasn't intentional? XD

As for the multiple endings, because the ending of the main game was already good, the alternate ending carries a sense of denial.
Well, that's a nice bit of vindication. =D

For the record: my take on Episode Ignis' alternative ending since shortly after release has been that it's designed to reflect the sort of wishful thinking that one might engage in while suffering survivor's guilt. I am totally down with the alternate ending reflecting denial in opposition to the main game's theme of acceptance.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
So long as the linearity is done well, then I wouldn’t mind it.

Before, we got a game that was rushed and missing things because of time constraints, which I fully understand.

Now that they’re taking the time to properly update the game, I think it’s fair to expect then to put a lot into these updates.

It wouldn’t fly too well if these updates were shallow in nature tbh, especially toward those who were patient and understanding.

It’s not just the fans though. It would be favourable for the company too. This is the perfect opportunity for them to showcase how great this game can be with hefty updates.

The haters would finally be quiet and fans would be pleased that the wait was worth it.
You know what? This.

BD2 going all out with the 2018 updates is very crucial towards the game's long-term reception and nothing else would give me greater satisfaction other than further serving crow towards the degenerates that were/are adament on kicking the game down without a hint of empathy towards the team fighting tooth and nail to keep FFXV standing on its own feet, especially with this year being it's extended & final post-content support before the inevitable Ultimate Edition arrives with all the year two content.

So in my eyes, 2018 is now or never, and i'm glad BD2 were given this oppurtunity to give it their all the best they can.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
You know what? This.

BD2 going all out with the 2018 updates is very crucial towards the game's long-term reception and nothing else would give me greater satisfaction other than further serving crow towards the degenerates that were/are adament on kicking the game down without a hint of empathy towards the team fighting tooth and nail to keep FFXV standing on its own feet, especially with this year being it's extended & final post-content support before the inevitable Ultimate Edition arrives with all the year two content.

So in my eyes, 2018 is now or never, and i'm glad BD2 were given this oppurtunity to give it their all the best they can.
We'll see what exactly happens, but I'll take whatever I can.