Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Banned from the FFXV reddit for 5 days coz mod desired so; for 2 comments.

Technically that would be admin pressure ;) - Rule 1 Etiquette Broken
Just give it a blow job, I mean heat it up by using the blow-dryer ;) - Rule 2 NSFW Broken

The first comment was in regards their response to the latest leaks on how they ''suggested'' that the leaker delete the posts and did not enforce any moderation.

So, I'll just leak the leak again after ze ban is done. You guys okay with that right?
*chants* Do it! Dooooo it!

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Banned from the FFXV reddit for 5 days coz mod desired so; for 2 comments.

Technically that would be admin pressure ;) - Rule 1 Etiquette Broken
Just give it a blow job, I mean heat it up by using the blow-dryer ;) - Rule 2 NSFW Broken

The first comment was in regards their response to the latest leaks on how they ''suggested'' that the leaker delete the posts and did not enforce any moderation.

So, I'll just leak the leak again after ze ban is done. You guys okay with that right?
Considering that Storm is in contact with the OG, and so am I, it really isn't as though neither of us couldn't ask him to post everything in the one go. He did say he probably could, if I understood him properly he just needs to make sure he says he could be incorrect.

I know that he waited a couple of weeks before posting anything, and that he didn't do it all in the one go is because: while he saw other things that Zaza and Paperchampion also spotted, he chose not to post it all and ruin the fun of speculation beyond answering a couple of things.

He's even asked me to not post a couple of things, and he's probably said the same thing to Storm too. Besides, if there is "admin pressure", what good is reposting OG's stuff going to do beyond getting you another ban?

[Edit]

He's looking for the Glauca stuff for me right now too as he's been on, sending me snippets.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
He's even asked me to not post a couple of things, and he's probably said the same thing to Storm too. Besides, if there is "admin pressure", what good is reposting OG's stuff going to do beyond getting you another ban?
he said it was better to left something to surprise, especially regarding information about the Founder King.

btw
CAVAUGH CLEIGNE DUSCAE EUSCIELLO LEIDE PIZTALA RAVETTRICE SUCCARPE UELTHAM ULWAAT VOGLIUPE PROGRAM_TEST MOBHUNT WORLD_LEID WORLD_CLEI WORLD_DUSC WORLD_RAVE EP01_GRADIO EP02_IGNISEP03_PROMPT MULTI_MAIN MULTI_SUB MULTI_TEMP CH00 CH01 CH02A CH02B CH02C CH03 CH04A CH04B CH04C CH05A CH05B CH06 CH07 CH08 CH09 FEATHER EP04_ARDYN

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
That confirms what Tabata said in December... The next Episode is for Ardyn..
I hope they share info soon (after Royal Edition's release) :)
I think after the release of the Royal Edition is when they are timing the DLC plans. Just a guess, but perhaps they are looking towards the reception and response from the re-release and depending on that, also the sales from both RE and PC, they want to either wait or gather more traction.

Just a hope though atm.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I think after the release of the Royal Edition is when they are timing the DLC plans. Just a guess, but perhaps they are looking towards the reception and response from the re-release and depending on that, also the sales from both RE and PC, they want to either wait or gather more traction.

Just a hope though atm.
that lines up with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7ysrkl/rffxv_interview_with_ray_chase_voice_of_noctis/
How far in advance are you informed about upcoming content? Have you already begun recording lines for 2018 additional content?
Usually we are told to come in a week before they start recording something just to make sure we're available. Other than that, there's very little notice! I can't speak for everyone, but I have not been recording anything for 2018.
Royal Edition content sounds like that "unannounced expansion" tabata mentioned once in 2017.

Feb 19, 2018
Wish there was some way to get in touch with the Japanese VAs since they likely get much earlier notice about the scripts while the localization VAs are probably dead last to know. Not that they would be able to confirm anything or flat out tell us that there are big projects coming but they would probably be able to allude to the content better by letting us know they've done work at least. That interview with Ray was fantastic though. Also that data above at least confirms Ardyn's getting a legitimate episode. I was half worried that his story content would instead be split into the packs and dispersed across the the game in pieces considering how Tabata made a fuss over there being a gigantic amount of story and Royal Pack seems to add new interactions with him as well as part of his backstory relating to the Founder King. That probably also means Ardyn's episode will just be that much larger in comparison. Royal Pack already seems like a bit of an Episode Luna substitute seeing as from what we've dug up and heard from Ray it builds her character up a lot more. So I'm thinking she's definitely getting the treatment I was fearing for Ardyn although in her case I think it makes more sense since she's not really combat oriented enough for an entire playable episode. Anyways interesting stuff.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
he said it was better to left something to surprise, especially regarding information about the Founder King.

btw
Wish there was some way to get in touch with the Japanese VAs since they likely get much earlier notice about the scripts while the localization VAs are probably dead last to know. Not that they would be able to confirm anything or flat out tell us that there are big projects coming but they would probably be able to allude to the content better by letting us know they've done work at least. That interview with Ray was fantastic though. Also that data above at least confirms Ardyn's getting a legitimate episode. I was half worried that his story content would instead be split into the packs and dispersed across the the game in pieces considering how Tabata made a fuss over there being a gigantic amount of story and Royal Pack seems to add new interactions with him as well as part of his backstory relating to the Founder King. That probably also means Ardyn's episode will just be that much larger in comparison. Royal Pack already seems like a bit of an Episode Luna substitute seeing as from what we've dug up and heard from Ray it builds her character up a lot more. So I'm thinking she's definitely getting the treatment I was fearing for Ardyn although in her case I think it makes more sense since she's not really combat oriented enough for an entire playable episode. Anyways interesting stuff.

I actually think it may be setting the grounds for possibly doing that for Luna based on what we all found, but I'll wait to make that statement once we actually get the DLC.

I agree that Ardyn's episode or story should be a self contained, lore filled episode that focuses on something important. On the flipside I think using the Royal Edition as a stepping stone to (if the leaks data is credible) to possibly

Make Luna playable and/or a party member
Would be a perfect way to start integrating her playable character to cover missing events between Kingsglaive and Altissia. Basically, give her Verse 2 chapters while in Lucis so that way you can see what she was up to aside from Summoning Titan and Ramuh for Noct.

I feel like if the leak is right, it'd be crimfnal to not use that in other places around the game.

Basically:
-Episode Ardyn: Self contained big episode story (like the previous)

-Luna: Small stories sprinkled throughout the first 7 chapters of the game (it'd make you sympathize with her more, and expand out that part of the game that actually needs the story)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
that lines up with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7ysrkl/rffxv_interview_with_ray_chase_voice_of_noctis/

Royal Edition content sounds like that "unannounced expansion" tabata mentioned once in 2017.

Tbh yeah I do remember that! It probably was originally their plan to do that and be done with the game, but fan demand is keeping them for another year.

If that is true, it's kinda cool that we haven't even gotten any of that content yet to start and hopefully got a ton to look forward to this year.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
I do hope that if they intend to expand on Luna's character, they do so BEFORE chapter 9 in the story. I feel like having her only be relevant to the plot in death would be another spit to the face for her.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I do hope that if they intend to expand on Luna's character, they do so BEFORE chapter 9 in the story. I feel like having her only be relevant to the plot in death would be another spit to the face for her.
Ray said that there will be "a lot of emotional dialogue with another character who didn't get nearly enough screen time..", and he is 99% talks about Luna, not to mention she is also possibly will be party member\playable. So i don't see how its "spit".
I could agree they should add more childhood flashbacks.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I honestly would like just some more story on how she felt while she was communing with Titan and Ramuh.

Its been stated that she started to feel weaker while performing these scenes. It would have been nice to play scenes that depicted it. Something that increases the emotional loss for Chapter 9. She is by far the most tragic character in the game, but they need to make her even more tragic letting us understand what she was going through in the long run.

Thats and some childhood flashbacks that show what drives her would have been perfect and hopefully will be if they ever do it.