Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 27, 2013
Okay so I've tried to decipher most of the interview via shitty translate and my 1 year of college Japanese (lol) and put together a list/summary of both the Dangeki and Famitsu interviews:

- Teases Luna's significance in the Royal Update (we know this already from the leaks that its gonna be good)
I skimmed through the article and there's only one line where he mentions Luna, specifically saying they want fans to love Luna, Ardyn and Noctis even more, but since this is at the end of the article I think he's talking about DLC.

Also sounds like chapter 14/Insomnia is where the main changes are and that it was the focus of the new story things in the Royal Edition, also says you can drive the car there.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
OKAY, I think I figured it out (my concern from before about whether or not Tabata said they can or cannot complete the game with DLC):

1. I think what he's saying the Famitsu interview is that with the current episode format, it is impossible to complete the game essentially, meaning that if they did character episodes for the next 4 DLC, it wouldn't make everyone happy.

2. But then I think he talks about how they are doing a different/new way of doing DLC that they haven't talked about yet in order to accomplish that! Apparently Episode Ardyn will be the first sign of this new type (I guess it won't exactly be a separate character episode?)

3. Basically: They still have all intent of making the game as complete as possible, but need to look beyond character episodes in order to do that. And also they want to make it meaningful.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I skimmed through the article and there's only one line where he mentions Luna, specifically saying they want fans to love Luna, Ardyn and Noctis even more, but since this is at the end of the article I think he's talking about DLC.

Also sounds like chapter 14/Insomnia is where the main changes are and that it was the focus of the new story things in the Royal Edition, also says you can drive the car there.
It's mentioned 3 times if you just use Google Translate:

Here are the other 2:
- Among fans, "It is said that it is not Luna Furena?"

Tabata : Because there is Luna Furena in the "Royal Edition" package.

(They seem to be joking about how big of a presence she has on the front package, as they joke about an Episode Titan as well XD)

HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders. NOW we can be excited.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Get yourselves a Firecuda! It’s a happy medium between HDD and SSD and cuts XV’s load times in half...after the 5th or 6th time you do lol
I have one for my PS3 and it's excellent. For my personal PC I would rather move towards full-on SSDs wherever possible, however. With storage technology evolving so rapidly, the lifespan of HDD manufacturing will only dwindle downward.

Sep 27, 2013
Yeah he's quite good. *cough*

The wording on whether the DLC is integrated in the main game is a bit vague, but I don't think it will be. They basically say "There aren't any guiding elements to when to start the DLC, but since you have access to them, players would figure out while playing the main game, when to start the DLC episodes for each character" (誘導のような要素はありませんが、すでにEPの内容も出ていますので、プレイ中にここでこのエピソードを遊べば、というのはわかっていただけるかなと。)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah he's quite good. *cough*

The wording on whether the DLC is integrated in the main game is a bit vague, but I don't think it will be. They basically say "There aren't any guiding elements to when to start the DLC, but since you have access to them, players would figure out while playing the main game, when to start the DLC episodes for each character" (誘導のような要素はありませんが、すでにEPの内容も出ていますので、プレイ中にここでこのエピソードを遊べば、というのはわかっていただけるかなと。)

I think they have no intention of integrating the first 4, but the rest will be integrated into the main game.

Nov 16, 2013
OKAY, I think I figured it out (my concern from before about whether or not Tabata said they can or cannot complete the game with DLC):

1. I think what he's saying the Famitsu interview is that with the current episode format, it is impossible to complete the game essentially, meaning that if they did character episodes for the next 4 DLC, it wouldn't make everyone happy.

2. But then I think he talks about how they are doing a different/new way of doing DLC that they haven't talked about yet in order to accomplish that! Apparently Episode Ardyn will be the first sign of this new type (I guess it won't exactly be a separate character episode?)

3. Basically: They still have all intent of making the game as complete as possible, but need to look beyond character episodes in order to do that. And also they want to make it meaningful.
THANK GOD.

I'm sorry, but no amount of "episodes" were going to help the core experience of the game and I was hoping they wouldn't just be 2 hour $5 packs lol.
If he's saying Royal is how they're going to do things from now on, I couldn't be happier.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
THANK GOD.

I'm sorry, but no amount of "episodes" were going to help the core experience of the game and I was hoping they wouldn't just be 2 hour $5 packs lol.
If he's saying Royal is how they're going to do things from now on, I couldn't be happier.
I'm thinking a lot of the main game's structure and story will be fixed (more gameplay and story expansions where needed through a new method) rather than just having a separate Episode DLC to resolve a plothole or missing story issue. This is what I think he's getting at. Technically the Royal Edition may be our first taste into that type of content they plan on doing.

Sep 27, 2013
So yeah there's no mention of Luna in relation to the Royal Edition specifically, they only joke about her on the cover.

She better gets more screentime if they use her on the cover like that

Where I found the rebalance comment by Terada, it had nothing to do with the Armiger. Maybe I'm wrong though so I just wanna know who's saying that lol.
Yes you're right sorry, they mentioned further down that they made fine balance adjustments so people can play through it from the start. And that of course people who played it already can play it again, but also people who've never played it before.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So yeah there's no mention of Luna in relation to the Royal Edition specifically, they only joke about her on the cover.

She better gets more screentime if they use her on the cover like that
If you want to know:

She is getting a ton of presence in the Royal Edition

Yes you're right sorry, they mentioned further down that they made fine balance adjustments so people can play through it from the start. And that of course people who played it already can play it again, but also people who've never played it before.
That sounds amazing. Hopefully they do get to that and a hard mode eventually.

Sep 27, 2013
If you want to know:

She is getting a ton of presence in the Royal Edition
That sounds amazing. Hopefully they do get to that and a hard mode eventually.
There's not enough evidence to support that claim.

I want to believe it because she has battle animations, but it could be a really small part too.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
There's not enough evidence to support that claim.

I want to believe it because she has battle animations, but it could be a really small part too.
She has more than just battle animations. She has full voice files for every single move a party member can do when fighting.

And we do know through dialogue and voice actions in the battle files
That she summons what looks to be Bahamut (I say this because Bahamut was seen Fighting with Luna and Noct on a key art that was live painted last week)

Also, this interview with Ray Chase:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7ysrkl/rffxv_interview_with_ray_chase_voice_of_noctis/

He states that Noct has a ton of emotional dialogue a vastly underutilized character in the main game. Take what you will ;)

Last edited: