Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Hey been lurking since the achievements leaks, just signed up. Wanted to throw it out there in response to people's reaction to chapter 10 (because I see it often and don't agree) that Gladio didn't just snap at Noct for his general moping or some rising tension we missed on the trip off screen. He's pissed because Luna died and Ignis gave up his sight for Noct to have the ring which up to that point he has yet to wear. The emotional burden of wearing the ring knowing the sacrifices made to deliver it to him would surely justify Noctis feeling this way but it's also a fair reason for Gladiolus to think he is not moving forward with his duties when none of the rest of them have a choice with theirs. Just my two cents :cactuar:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Hey been lurking since the achievements leaks, just signed up. Wanted to throw it out there in response to people's reaction to chapter 10 (because I see it often and don't agree) that Gladio didn't just snap at Noct for his general moping or some rising tension we missed on the trip off screen. He's pissed because Luna died and Ignis gave up his sight for Noct to have the ring which up to that point he has yet to wear. The emotional burden of wearing the ring knowing the sacrifices made to deliver it to him would surely justify Noctis feeling this way but it's also a fair reason for Gladiolus to think he is not moving forward with his duties when none of the rest of them have a choice with theirs. Just my two cents :cactuar:
agree, i didn't think his attitude towards noctis was unreasonable at all and i think he helped noctis gain some perspective... its pretty clear that he was putting luna above all else, even in the boat with the line "luna comes first".

welcome btw ; )

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
Well, people just carried away too far with their desires of changing that, and that and this so it could suit themselves. And in the end, it can bring them only frustration.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
agree, i didn't think his attitude towards noctis was unreasonable at all and i think he helped noctis gain some perspective... its pretty clear that he was putting luna above all else, even in the boat with the line "luna comes first".

welcome btw ; )
I know that. The point is, it still goes from 0 to 100% real quick right after she dies. Gladio's reaction is fine, I actually like it, but the reason why it comes of sudden or poor is because we don't get the proper transition to it. Nothing prior to this had any indication Gladio was going to flip out. We had no sulking from Noct, only one seen of him stating out in the water at Altissia and everyone walks by him. It's obvious something is up, but they don't play on it, not until Gladio actually flips a shit.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

welcome btw ; )

I thought i was alone on this, but yeah even during my first playthrough i never found Gladiolus' behavior in chapter 10 to be OoC either.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well, people just carried away too far with their desires of changing that, and that and this so it could suit themselves. And in the end, it can bring them only frustration.
Again, it's not about changing ANYTHING from the scene, it's about adding in something that justifies the scene. I just played chapter 10 again today. It still gives off the same vibe that Gladio is acting irrational, even though we all know he's right.

We needed more dialogue leading up to it. That is all.

Ugh guys, you are misunderstanding me:( Nothing about gladio is OOC. The problem is the lack of context right as the scene happens. He needs more justification in flipping out on Noct.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The fact that so many people dislike or outright hate Gladiolus specifically because of that scene goes to show that it just wasn't tackled in a good way.
To be fair I think the scene is GREAT. I just think it needed more context before doing it. I was so confused why Gladio acted like that at first. I started to like it after realizing there had to have been more times were Noctis was being selfish and gladio being bothered by it but was probably off screened.

Okay getting off that topic but playing through the game again (and the playing the DLC since I never have) to prepare for the royal edition. I'm chapter 11 And there's even a whole other town like Cartanica in Eusciello that is in the center of the Desert/Snow mountain phenomenon.

Because chapter 11 was so short, I feel like that would have been the perfect place to stop the Train for more exploration/dungeon. Then you can just continue the frozen train Ardyn sequence right after you board and leave again.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Obviously everyone's going to take something different away from it but to me personally it was clear that the focus of his outburst was specifically the ring. I think the scene works better having not seen their trip across the sea because you can infer that alot of resentment has been building from them not talking the whole way, all the while having to watch Noct refuse to wear the ring. The Trial of Titan warranted a build up in their arguments whereas the train scene works because they've most likely been silent in the journey up to that point. I think it would pointless to show them tiptoeing around eachother on the way to the train.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Obviously everyone's going to take something different away from it but to me personally it was clear that the focus of his outburst was specifically the ring. I think the scene works better having not seen their trip across the sea because you can infer that alot of resentment has been building from them not talking the whole way, all the while having to watch Noct refuse to wear the ring. The Trial of Titan warranted a build up in their arguments whereas the train scene works because they've most likely been silent in the journey up to that point. I think it would pointless to show them tiptoeing around eachother on the way to the train.
Agreed that everyone's sentiment is different. I'm the exact opposite lol. I think hearing the rumblings of the issue prior to this would have helped. Gladio and Noct literally still joke in the in game dialogue up until the moment the Leviathan sequence starts. Right after this is Gladio flipping out on Noct. It happened way too fast imo.

Showing them leaving Altissia, traveling and arriving in Succarpe, getting themselves and their car in the Train inconspicuously with the help of the Altissian Ambassador, then departing for Cartanica all while Noct is acting mopy and sad in game would have been a much more convincing way of approaching the scene.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Agreed that everyone's sentiment is different. I'm the exact opposite lol. I think hearing the rumblings of the issue prior to this would have helped. Gladio and Noct literally still joke in the in game dialogue up until the moment the Leviathan sequence starts. Right after this is Gladio flipping out on Noct. It happened way too fast imo.
It's not about Clarus or anything else before the battle with Leviathan, though. It's about the inferred time that passes afterwards in which Noctis refuses to wear the ring. The jump in time may make it seem rushed (and obviously you can't change the way it made you actually FEEL) but again I think it's to show they just let their resentment over it build in silence until it bubbled over. Sorry I won't drone on about this anymore, just wanted to get my point across clearly.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
It's not about Clarus or anything else before the battle with Leviathan, though. It's about the inferred time that passes afterwards in which Noctis refuses to wear the ring. The jump in time may make it seem rushed (and obviously you can't change the way it made you actually FEEL) but again I think it's to show they just let their resentment over it build in silence until it bubbled over. Sorry I won't drone on about this anymore, just wanted to get my point across clearly.
Yes, that's what I mean, but other issues with Gladios character are because he barely reacts to his father's death and other issues he has. I agree it's a great scene but I'm surprised by the rejection of the idea of having a transition between Altissia and Succarpe on this forum.

Many of you want the exact same thing with the Royal Edition: the ability to go to Insomnia by car. It's the exact same concept, one that applied to nearly everything in the first half of the game (well, except actually leaving Insomnia too lol), but was dropped after Altissia.

I know the Train section is technically one big transition, but there is no substance there, which is why it needs 2-3 more actual, substantial stops. Succarpe, Cartanica, and Euciello all technically have towns with different aspects to them that could depict Niflheim lifestyle. The first one in Succarpe possibly be a port town, Cartanica comes off a mining town and the one you see in Eusciello (snow/desert) is some sort of factory based town. Everything in Niflheim is industrial (as with Gralea). It would be nice to see more of that fantasy Industrial aspect. This isn't even counting Tenebrae, which totally contradicts that with a more, pure fantasy setting because it was once it's own sovereign country. Yep, I'm done now. We'll see what happens and what they deliver

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
This is kind of just an unrelated concept I'm throwing out (tbh just consider it fanfic if anything since it has zero chance of being made) but you know it would have been kinda cool if they had, had Noct try to use Umbra to go back to the Insomnia invasion and try to stop it at some point only to fail and be thrown back into his proper place in time. Like he arrives just as the invasion has started and you go through the events of the movie and maybe even assist Nyx before having time snap back into proper place and have Noct get flung back to a bleak present. It would make Umbra's powers less of a throwaway thing and give us the Insomnia invasion. Hell make that Episode Noctis. Have him travel back trying to change things and try to find his way to his dad only to arrive too late and just find a body then he arrives just as Nyx vs Glauca is starting or maybe it's already in progress but Luna is already gone so Noct can then take part in the battle only to realize that nothing's changing. The episode then ends with Noct and Nyx having a brief exchange where Noct sees the horrors of the ring and its effects on Nyx's body (I don't think he even ever finds out how Ignis lost his eyes or if he does know he never saw him literally get set ablaze or screaming in agony throughout the process so this would help cement his fear of it) which makes him even more apprehensive about putting it on. Considering Nyx is a dead man walking at that point it wouldn't change the timeline and we'd get to fight through insomnia while witnessing certain events from afar or witnessing their aftermath. Noctis gets even more depressed and it further cements his reasoning behind not wanting to put on the ring. They could have Noctis try and attempt this at a mandatory rest point at an earlier stop on the train or before they board the train and it would fit in seemlessly while not changing the present timeline. Throw in some present day Gladio drama like them messing up a present day mission like a hunt to raise money for train tickets cuz Noct's head wasn't in the game to make Gladio snapping on the train more believable as well and you get to hit multiple birds with one stone. After the botched hunt they could go rest and that's when Noctis calls Umbra for the time travel stuff cuz he feels helpless and this is the only he sees as trying to get some control over his life. Episode ends with Noct waking up in bed at dawn and Gladio has just gotten back with the money for tickets after doing a hunt on his own. Anyways like I said it's just a concept I thought up out of boredom that won't ever happen but it would be neat to see imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Guys I cant wait for the RE edition to comes out. It seems it will be much better than we previously imagine, Ive been reading all of that pages and the news about the DLCs are AMAZING.
I want to believe those future DLCs are going to be about finishing the second half by expanding places such as Tenebrae, Cartanica, Gralea, etc.

Im so fucking excited now, one question by the way, do you think will we be able to set the boat in certain places or it will just be driving it by the sea (yes, I read about going to the angeguard island but idk if we can just go there by walking)?

Thanks and again, what an amazing thread you guys are making.
about that, you'll be able to anchor the boat in galdin quay, cape caem, altissia and i think angelgard was confirmed in the last interview.

i think you'll need to anchor your boat to fish in certain spots too.

here are the controls:

Board boat
Call boat

Manual
Steer the boat yourself.

Shop
Buy and sell various items via digital transmission.

Take a rest?
Rest until morning
Rest until noon
Rest until evening
Rest until night
Rest until dawn

Disembark?
Return to anchorage point
Return to the port where you last dropped anchor.

Off-Limits
You cannot fish here.
Call the royal vessel here to set sail.
This area is inaccessible.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
So apparently we missed this in that new video:

@ 27:15
You can apparently now free roam/travel to new places with your chocobos in the new Comrades update.

I don't think this solves the loading issues, since you probably have to unlock this at a certain point, but i guess they are finally making pseudo-WoR Lucis open?
I’ll take freeroam in any capacity. Awesome!

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I think the most important part of adding the journey from Altissia to Niffleheim is to give a constant feel of trip. Since the beginning we have been going everywhere from ourself. But in that point that inmersion breaks and we're put in a situation we don't know.