Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
yeah i was just checking the files he provided on reddit, i've never seen that name, does that mean its related to a member of Cor Leonis family (his mother maybe)?
I'd find it very doubtful as Cor isn't of nobility, nor of Tenebraen descent to what we know of lore-wise. We know he joined the Crownsguard early on, and that those not of nobility can join (such as Prompto).

It's also not the only 'lion' nod too. The Wanderer King is also basically called 「獅子王」 on top of Prompto also having the Lionheart gun. Just seems to be a general theme in names to me.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Yes, you can. Not my screen, but here you go.

Maybe a remnant from an earlier draft? Probably nothing but if you recall the way the CG face renders were lined up in the 2013 trailer at the end, they implied some sort of connection between each character in some way, and Ravus was shown there opposite Cor, same way Iedolas was opposite Regis, and Noctis was opposite Stella both for obvious reasons, and Ignis was opposite Verstael likely due to them being the "intellect" side for Lucis and Niflheim respectively, Gentiana was opposite Prompto likely because of his official description mentioning his fondness for women, and Gladio was opposite Ardyn, but all we could infer at the time was that Ardyn was second in command to Iedolas or a guard to Iedolas, which we knew Gladio was to Noctis. It's thin I know.

Cor is the general of the Lucis military the Crownsguard, and Ravus as the High Commander is the general of the Niflheim military, both are referred to as "Shogun" in Japanese, so maybe that could be something?

Or like mentioned above, could just be another use of a Lion reference, which is pretty common in FF. Alba is latin for white, so Ravus's weapons name basically means White Lion.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Maybe a remnant from an earlier draft? Probably nothing but if you recall the way the CG face renders were lined up in the 2013 trailer at the end, they implied some sort of connection between each character in some way, and Ravus was shown there opposite Cor, same way Iedolas was opposite Regis, and Noctis was opposite Stella both for obvious reasons, and Ignis was opposite Verstael likely due to them being the "intellect" side for Lucis and Niflheim respectively, Gentiana was opposite Prompto likely because of his official description mentioning his fondness for women, and Gladio was opposite Ardyn, but all we could infer at the time was that Ardyn was second in command to Iedolas or a guard to Iedolas, which we knew Gladio was to Noctis. It's thin I know.

Cor is the general of the Lucis military the Crownsguard, and Ravus as the High Commander is the general of the Niflheim military, both are referred to as "Shogun" in Japanese, so maybe that could be something?

Or like mentioned above, could just be another use of a Lion reference, which is pretty common in FF. Alba is latin for white, so Ravus's weapons name basically means White Lion.
In all honesty, I just avoid the old Versus stuff because of how much has gone on with it all over the years. Not to mention, if that was the case then the Verstael mirroring doesn't really pan out to the current version, given it was Ignis as the opposite off the top of my head.

I still find it incredibly bizarre that they reused that old revenge line for the Episode Ignis marketing, despite that it's never actually used within the game.

Anyway. Rambling. That's why I just take it as the lion reference in general, and that the parallel in a certain regard to Cor does still work in that fashion.

<Black> / Leonis of Lucis, versus the <Alba> Leonis of Tenebrae and/or Nifilheim with the usage of white by both of them, and that they are both skilled swordsmen in positions of power.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
OG posting more things on reddit:

piece of unused dialogue (or maybe one that will be included)

Noctis... I have waited...
Ravus!?
Good...You saw her.
Beware...Ardyn... Blood of the Oracle...I bear you this. The sword...of Regis.
So you had it.
What did they do to you?
My king, my calling is done. Before naught remains...of my flesh...
What?
Take mercy...upon my soul. Reclaim the godstone, and deliver us from darkness.
I will.

To liven things up, I thought I'd take you on a stroll down memory lane. Of course, memories decay with time. Sadly, the sister went off into the deep, but I've brought the brother back as best I can.
Don't be shy, you're hardly strangers.
No...that can't be him.
Wait a sec. What do you mean "him"? Who are you seeing?
Ravus. Unbelievable. I wanted to finish it between us, but not like this. He was a person... Made into a daemon.

basically dialogue for when noctis finds ravus body on the chamber, and for the moment they see ravus infected (maybe unnecessary so i can understand why it was cut).

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
OG posting more things on reddit:

piece of unused dialogue (or maybe one that will be included)

Noctis... I have waited...
Ravus!?
Good...You saw her.
Beware...Ardyn... Blood of the Oracle...I bear you this. The sword...of Regis.
So you had it.
What did they do to you?
My king, my calling is done. Before naught remains...of my flesh...
What?
Take mercy...upon my soul. Reclaim the godstone, and deliver us from darkness.
I will.

To liven things up, I thought I'd take you on a stroll down memory lane. Of course, memories decay with time. Sadly, the sister went off into the deep, but I've brought the brother back as best I can.
Don't be shy, you're hardly strangers.
No...that can't be him.
Wait a sec. What do you mean "him"? Who are you seeing?
Ravus. Unbelievable. I wanted to finish it between us, but not like this. He was a person... Made into a daemon.

basically dialogue for when noctis finds ravus body on the chamber, and for the moment they see ravus infected.
That sounds like unused dialogue from Chapter 13, my word.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
If I were Square I would completely change everything related to Ravus in chapter 13, IMO the worst case scenario is what they did to him as I cant imagine something worst.

I would eliminate all of that adding a real combat against dark Iedolas while Ravus was going to be put somewhere in Insomnia with a better excuse instead of that shit they did with him. It was more than a disaster, everything was so forced.

I think that dialogue was cut, maybe you guys are right and they are going to put it in the update but for me it seems a cut.
Congrats for the thread, its fucking amszing what you guys are doing!

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
It's possible it also was added.

He also gave all of the new datalog character descriptions

Edit: I also found a 4th note left by Ravus in the files, so it is entirely possible that they still updated Chapter 13.
He said the fourth note in the entries isn't by Ravus, but is the one from the Melusine quest before, I believe.

Would probably be best to ask him to double-check.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
If I were Square I would completely change everything related to Ravus in chapter 13, IMO the worst case scenario is what they did to him as I cant imagine something worst.

I would eliminate all of that adding a real combat against dark Iedolas while Ravus was going to be put somewhere in Insomnia with a better excuse instead of that shit they did with him. It was more than a disaster, everything was so forced.

I think that dialogue was cut, maybe you guys are right and they are going to put it in the update but for me it seems a cut.
Congrats for the thread, its fucking amszing what you guys are doing!
Honestly, Ravus is a tragic character. His events in Ep. Ignis totally make the stuff in Chapter 13 so much better. He died acknowleding the king. Plus we already got the Ravus fight we wanted through Ignis.

Honestly, just give a Niflheim (Ch. 10-13) expansion and all of my qualms with the games structure go away. The train just needs more stops/dungeons/exploration. Nothing to fill any plot holes (there really aren't any anymore like the devs say) BUT to make that continent feel like a living continent travelled by train and not an empty piece of land.

Basically: Altissia->Port Town (exploration)->Train-> Cartanica (open world)/Dungeon->Train-> Eusiello Factory town(exploration)/Dungeon->Prompto incident/Train->Tenebrae (exploration)/Dungeon->Shiva/Dungeon->Gralea.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Honestly, Ravus is a tragic character. His events in Ep. Ignis totally make the stuff in Chapter 13 so much better. He died acknowleding the king. Plus we already got the Ravus fight we wanted through Ignis.

Honestly, just give a Niflheim (Ch. 10-13) expansion and all of my qualms with the games structure go away. The train just needs more stops/dungeons/exploration. Nothing to fill any plot holes (there really aren't any anymore like the devs say) BUT to make that continent feel like a living continent travelled by train and not an empty piece of land.

Basically: Altissia->Port Town (exploration)->Train-> Cartanica (open world)/Dungeon->Train-> Eusiello Factory town(exploration)/Dungeon->Prompto incident/Train->Tenebrae (exploration)/Dungeon->Shiva/Dungeon->Gralea.
In fact you are right but I dont know if you felt what I felt when playing but when you see his corpse there (I felt that so abrupted and no logical at all given the lack of screentime he had) I like... thats true? Thats everything? And suddenly you see him, in such a random way, walking with the half daemon side was all that situation all non sense for me at least.

Of course, as you say they fixed SO GOOD Ravus in Ignis DLC and nowadays you can understand some things like that he got posessed by the darkness because when his arm got ripped the darkness inside it started to consumed him. Of course right now all of that have much sense but Im still seeing the situation in chapter 13 so stupid and a way to treat bad a character like him, even if he is a tragic one, ardyn is the most tragic in the story and you can see how he is treated.

Btw, they should implement the bros episodes (with some editing thats not hard I think) in the main game.
Cheers!

Edit: abouth the second half, we think exactly the same. I wish they expand niflheim territory, I want to believe.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
since OG shared some stuff on reddit, there's an interesting piece of information about Noctis injury in his datalog:

"Though he was chosen by the Crystal to serve as the savior of this star, an injury incurred as a young boy deprived him access to the full potential of his innate power."
He says there's a conversation, with two versions of it that touches on this.

He also forgot to put an expanded bit on Cor into the main post, so he's gone and done that now.

[Edit] I've asked him to post that, and a few other things up into the main post. May take him a bit.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i wonder if the bit about him losing access to his full potential is an attempt to explain why he can't use magic like the others...
In fact you are right but I dont know if you felt what I felt when playing but whenyou see his corpse there (I felt that so abrupted and no logical at all given the lack of screentime he had) I like... thats true? Thats everything? And suddenly you see him, in such a random way, walking with the half daemon side was all that situation all non sense for me at least.
the scenes itself were alright, its just that they don't have proper build-up (a recurring problem in the narrative).

Last edited:

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
about that, you'll be able to anchor the boat in galdin quay, cape caem, altissia and i think angelgard was confirmed in the last interview.

i think you'll need to anchor your boat to fish in certain spots too.

here are the controls:

Board boat
Call boat

Manual
Steer the boat yourself.

Shop
Buy and sell various items via digital transmission.

Take a rest?
Rest until morning
Rest until noon
Rest until evening
Rest until night
Rest until dawn

Disembark?
Return to anchorage point
Return to the port where you last dropped anchor.

Off-Limits
You cannot fish here.
Call the royal vessel here to set sail.
This area is inaccessible.

Storm dont hate me jajajaja, I forgot to answer you! Thank you my boy so much.
One thing is clear and Tabatas job in this game is fucking amazing, Im so proud about him and his involvement in the game. Some people can say that he owes us but the reality is he does not, we bought the game that he could do in the time he had. All of the profit could go for other things in the company but he decided to go full on this game and have a real compromise, thats something else.
Im literally counting seconds for Royal Edition to comes out.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
i wonder if the bit about him losing access to his full potential is an attempt to explain why he can't use magic like the others...

the scenes itself were alright, its just that they don't have proper build-up (a recurring problem in the narrative).
Im not agree here friend, that scene would be right for some other character but for someone as important as him felt so rushed (thats the right word in English?) and deserved much more attention.