Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Nov 16, 2013
He posted minimum information, asked people to not spoil much, and as Nox wrote, he even said for those who want know more where to look. And what a surprise that all clear-minded people, who understand how situation will turn on - are here. But after this, and thanks to another thread, everything went off the rails, as excpected.
He is the last person to blame.
Things have been pretty chill(at least in this thread, not the "Versus" one lol). I don't think there's been many offenders?
Anyways as I said before, I'm grateful to his work and I'm glad he paved the way for more findings. I don't blame him for anything, just stating that withholding info on the bases of spoiling when things have already been spoiled by him seems a bit redundant to me. But that's just my two cents, I'm not going to be upset or curse his name across the sky or anything lol. In fact, I want to thank him for getting more hyped on this than SE seems to be capable of doing lol.

Nov 16, 2013
Well technically, we don't know if it's cut or new bits still. He didn't exactly say it's cut dialogue, only that he doesn't know whether or not it's cut or new
Is that so? Must have gotten mixed up with the previous quotes he said were possible "unused" content.

My criticism still stands with the original scene though, but that's for another post~(Maybe I'll make something one day, sounds like so much work thoughhh)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Is that so? Must have gotten mixed up with the previous quotes he said were possible "unused" content.

My criticism still stands with the original scene though, but that's for another post~(Maybe I'll make something one day, sounds like so much work thoughhh)
Well ALOT of that dialogue is actually in the game. Replay chapter 10, you'll here the majority of that while they are in the mines.
Not the ignis part but Gladios bit is in the mines. Still doesn't solve the no buildup issue

Sep 27, 2013
This all sounds so good and I really hope we don't set ourselves up for disappointment by looking at this without seeing how it's implemented into the game.

Is there any way to distinguish whether some things are cutscenes or just character banter?

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018

What he's posted, he's told me isn't tagged as unused. That's why he doesn't entirely know what's going on with it. There is other things tagged as unused, or alternative that he's not posted so far.

Man, I'm just excited for those new datalog files. There's a lot more here he's not showing or doesn't have:

Locations and Weapons seem to be getting the same treatment as these character files.
He has the locations and others, doesn't have things on weaponry mostly. I think he's found item/inventory ones, but no overly detailed weapon stories. J

Just the same problem: it's not marked if it's unused or not.

[edit]

This all sounds so good and I really hope we don't set ourselves up for disappointment by looking at this without seeing how it's implemented into the game.

Is there any way to distinguish whether some things are cutscenes or just character banter?
He said he can more or less tell us what's banter, and cutscene dialogue. The things he's singled out for the chapter stuff is cutscene, the Aranea is more in-engine banter/mini-cutscene sort of event things.

He has more sorted out, just hasn't actually posted them. I know he was working on marking out which character was saying what, but I think he's gotten a bit bored with it given there's not long before the new version releases.

Nov 16, 2013
Well ALOT of that dialogue is actually in the game. Replay chapter 10, you'll here the majority of that while they are in the mines.
Not the ignis part but Gladios bit is in the mines. Still doesn't solve the no buildup issue
Yeah, I know(I think I've replayed XV too many times at this point lmao). However, my main criticism stems from Noctis personality and involvement. Chapter 10 is a big component of my problems toward his "new" character presentation(And he still currently doesn't talk in that scene).

I would go more into my issues on that front, but again that's for another day lol.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
What he's posted, he's told me isn't tagged as unused. That's why he doesn't entirely know what's going on with it. There is other things tagged as unused, or alternative that he's not posted so far.

He has the locations and others, doesn't have things on weaponry mostly. I think he's found item/inventory ones, but no overly detailed weapon stories. J

I'm pretty sure if he found any world description files they are legit. I can see 31 entries in the benchmark on the new datalog/encyclopedia for locations in the game!

Nov 16, 2013

[edit]

He said he can more or less tell us what's banter, and cutscene dialogue. The things he's singled out for the chapter stuff is cutscene, the Aranea is more in-engine banter/mini-cutscene sort of event things.

He has more sorted out, just hasn't actually posted them. I know he was working on marking out which character was saying what, but I think he's gotten a bit bored with it given there's not long before the new version releases.
Understood. Though of course, I think it'd be for the best if we don't put too much expectation into what are in the files. Devs are pretty lazy sometimes and don't like to clean up much lol(especially if it sometimes bring the risk up of breaking preexisting ones).

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, I know(I think I've replayed XV too many times at this point lmao). However, my main criticism stems from Noctis personality and involvement. Chapter 10 is a big component of my problems toward his "new" character presentation(And he still currently doesn't talk in that scene).

I would go more into my issues on that front, but again that's for another day lol.
This is why I'm arguing so hard for a transition from Altissia to that port town in Succarpe. He needs more time to be an ass before Gladio calls him out on his selfishness.

Aka I totally agree lol

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
He said he's got them, has had them since he started pulling things out. Sent me a random one to show me.

Taelpar Crag

Grand gorge dividing Duscae and Cleigne. This trench remains a testament to the severity of the War of the Astrals while also symbolizing the rift that separated the Six. According to ancient scripture, the name "Taelpar" once referred to the region that now encompasses the gorge. As the gods fought against one another during the ancient war, however, their vicious battle scarred the very earth they once hoped to protect, tearing Taelpar in two. Rumors have recently circulated about imperial forces sending expeditions into explore the caverns of the canyon, but those reports have not been confirmed.
JUST STOP MY HEART. This is gonna be the best part of the update for me

Yep I'm done. I'l post in the other thread

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Wow, that's a lot of things going on here...
I just wish for Square to actually tell us who was who during Versus times. And some stuff about the old story. But I guess that would take all the fun from us lol.