Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Guys, no use in being upset about this. Regardless, it's a waste of energy to care about this at this point.

According to himself, Tabata already submitted the plan for everything and was approved at the end of January.

Asking people if they want this or that doesn't actually matter, because everything has been finalized for a month already.

So either the game will have more alternate endings through DLC because it is planned, or the game will have nothing to with any of that and Tabata was just curious.

So regardless, they won't be looking at fan demand from that event. Everything from this point on has already been planned fully. They just need the time to work on it all now.

They honestly haven't disappointed with the actual content of each DLC, especially Ignis. You can just ignore whatever optional endings they decide to make. They definitely won't change the game's main ending.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Regardless, it's a waste of energy to care about this at this point.

According to himself, Tabata already submitted the plan for everything and was approved at the end of January.

Asking people if they want this or that doesn't actually matter, because everything has been finalized for a month already.

So either the game will have more alternate endings through DLC because it is planned already, or the game will have nothing to with any of that and Tabata was just curious.

So either way, they won't be looking at fan demand from that event. Everything from this point on has already been planned fully
They just need the time to work on it all.
Yeah, I doubt anything will actually come out of that question, anyway.

Feb 19, 2018
Guys, no use in being upset about this. Regardless, it's a waste of energy to care about this at this point.

So either the game will have more alternate endings through DLC because it is planned already, or the game will have nothing to with any of that and Tabata was just curious.

So either way, they won't be looking at fan demand from that event. Everything from this point on has already been planned fully. They just need the time to work on it all now.

They honestly haven't disappointed with the actual content of each DLC, especially Ignis. You can just ignore whatever optional endings they decide to make. They definitely won't change the game's main ending.
I think it's important to remember though before we all get pissed at Tabata that he did say that original ending is the absolute canon and that Verse 2 was essentially just wish fulfillment in another interview only a few days ago. So while it may seem like he's asking fans if they want the ending changed due to the phrasing of the question I think it's more plausible that they're just thinking about more DLC alternative paths which I would be fine with and actually kind of want more of since XV has been playing with alternate realities since the Omen trailer so I don't want them to leave that whole concept half-assed. Just as long as the core experience doesn't have diverging story I'm fine with the DLC giving us alternate realities since Noct even has a dream about Omen in the main game.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018

So either way, they won't be looking at fan demand from that event. Everything from this point on has already been planned fully. They just need the time to work on it all now.

Man, I love every single piece of dlc they have been making for this game (even I try to delete of my mind that happy ending).
But I know as much as you about the time is money, and the money is used to pay that men that means resources. IMO, they wasted so much resources in doing things like the alternate ending, stupid festivals and collaborations, and that the thing, that resources (I want to, believe every one of us are agree about them to complete the main story until they possibly can) could have gone to more needed places.
And yes my friend, of course they have a plan, and a plan that has long time around their heads according to the recent interviews, the problem is if some of that things like those super bad/happy endings are part of it. The best way they could say goodbye is by adding the insomnia invasion as the new prologue of the game.
That endings stuff is something I wont undertand since they just had to respect the more they can nojimas story, at least the end itself.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Man, I love every single piece of dlc they have been making for this game (even I try to delete of my mind that happy ending).
But I know as much as you about the time is money, and the money is used to pay that men that means resources. IMO, they wasted so much resources in doing things like the alternate ending, stupid festivals and collaborations, and that the thing, that resources (I want to, believe every one of us are agree about them to complete the main story until they possibly can) could have gone to more needed places.
And yes my friend, of course they have a plan, and a plan that has long time around their heads according to the recent interviews, the problem is if some of that things like those super bad/happy endings are part of it. The best way they could say goodbye is by adding the insomnia invasion as the new prologue of the game.
That endings stuff is something I wont undertand since they just had to respect the more they can nojimas story, at least the end itself.
Well of course, a lot of that was collaborations that Square wanted and forced them to have tons of deadlines for things. Everything up to the Windows Edition/Royal Pack is still part of that original plan. After that, I think we are going to see a lot less of useless content and much more substantial stuff.

I think it's important to remember though before we all get pissed at Tabata that he did say that original ending is the absolute canon and that Verse 2 was essentially just wish fulfillment in another interview only a few days ago. So while it may seem like he's asking fans if they want the ending changed due to the phrasing of the question I think it's more plausible that they're just thinking about more DLC alternative paths which I would be fine with and actually kind of want more of since XV has been playing with alternate realities since the Omen trailer so I don't want them to leave that whole concept half-assed. Just as long as the core experience doesn't have diverging story I'm fine with the DLC giving us alternate realities since Noct even has a dream about Omen in the main game.
Yup, that's the part we have to remember, he already said the ending we see is final. They even made sure to not change that with the Royal Pack (whether or not they elaborate or expand on it is another story, I can even see episode Ardyn adding another phase to is fight if you play his story or something before beating the game)

He's also stated that he plans on "Completing" FFXV with these next 4 DLC. I seriously doubt he can accomplish that by changing the story they've already worked on.

One thing I'll never get about people who like the "Good" ending from Ignis: Luna is still dead, and Noctis has to go on living without her.....tbh that seems like an even sadder ending to me than the base game. It also just completely removes the sheer badassnes from Noct and the heavy heart feeling it brings with him and his Father at the end.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Well of course, a lot of that was collaborations that Square wanted and forced them to have tons of deadlines for things. Everything up to the Windows Edition/Royal Pack is still part of that original plan. After that, I think we are going to see a lot less of useless content and much more substantial stuff.

Yup, that's the part we have to remember, he already said the ending we see is final. They even made sure to not change that with the Royal Pack (whether or not they elaborate or expand on it is another story, I can even see episode Ardyn adding another phase to is fight if you play his story or something before beating the game)

He's also stated that he plans on "Completing" FFXV with these next 4 DLC. I seriously doubt he can accomplish that by changing the story they've already worked on.

One thing I'll never get about people who like the "Good" ending from Ignis: Luna is still dead, and Noctis has to go on living without her.....tbh that seems like an even sadder ending to me than the base game. It also just completely removes the sheer badassnes from Noct and the heavy heart feeling it brings with him and his Father at the end.
Yeah, I doubt the main game's ending will be changed at all, although, I would be fine with a super dark ending, where Ardyn kills Noctis, and turns his friends into Daemons, and usher Eos further into the Starscourge, but I don't see that happening, and hopefully never.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, I doubt the main game's ending will be changed at all, although, I would be fine with a super dark ending, where Ardyn kills Noctis, and turns his friends into Daemons, and usher Eos further into the Starscourge, but I don't see that happening, and hopefully never.
I wouldn't mind that that as an extra act for fun, but I do hope all of these DLC actually focus on areas of the game that just need more.

Episode Ardyn has the opportunity to dig deep into the game's lore: The Starscourge, the Six, Solheim, The Kings of Lucis, and so much more it's not even funny. I'm actually so happy they'e already confirmed that it will be answering a lot of questions about the lore.

If they do make episode Luna, it focuses on events that related to her and her importance, especially if it makes the scenes in Chapter 9, 12, and these new Royal Edition scenes that much more impactful.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So a vague, context-free tweet of a second-hand recounting of a question Tabata purportedly asked at a private Japanese fan event is enough to spawn "news" articles and the usual forum wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Video games, man.
Thats just stupid journalism in general nowadays. It's why I'm trying to tell everyone to chill out lol. The dude already finalized the plans in January. The DLC's will have had the same plans since January 31st, 2018, nothing is changing that now.

No use in being upset about a random question that won't change the DLC structure

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Thats just stupid journalism in general nowadays. It's why I'm trying to tell everyone to chill out lol. The dude already finalized the plans in January. The DLC's will have had the same plans since January 31st, 2018, nothing is changing that now.

No use in being upset about a random question that won't change the DLC structure
Yeah, and even if they add alternate endings to the next four DLC Episodes, I wouldn't even touch the alternate endings, only watch them on YouTube.

Feb 2, 2017
Hmmmm. I mean, I understood his question in relation to episode Ignis, in that it's an alternative 'what if'. The ending we got is canon and nothing really can change that. I do think that they should just stop asking fans at this point in time though lol

EDIT: saying that, why not though? I would love to see an ending cutscenes where the world is actually destroyed and they failed to bring back the light or maybe a super happy one too. We got the canon ending already, so wouldn't it be fun to see some other what if scenarios?

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
Hmmmm. I mean, I understood his question in relation to episode Ignis, in that it's an alternative 'what if'. The ending we got is canon and nothing really can change that. I do think that they should just stop asking fans at this point in time though lol
Exactly this. Tabata's "canon ending" comment was in relation to episode Ignis, where one of the endings is clearly presented as a "what if" scenario given that you can't unlock it until a second playthrough.

However, if they add a different ending to the main game that the player is able to get during their first playthrough, that would make both of them just as "canon", given that the creators of the game would be presenting them as equally viable options in a playthrough, and not a "what if" scenario that hinges on you already unlocking a first ending beforehand.

Feb 2, 2017
Exactly this. Tabata's "canon ending" comment was in relation to episode Ignis, where one of the endings is clearly presented as a "what if" scenario given that you can't unlock it until a second playthrough.

However, if they add a different ending to the main game that the player is able to get during their first playthrough, that would make both of them just as "canon", given that the creators of the game would be presenting them as equally viable options in a playthrough, and not a "what if" scenario that hinges on you already unlocking a first ending beforehand.
Kind of true I guess. But then the ending we got now could still be presented as the 'true' ending, which is common in a lot of games. That said, I wouldn't want that, it would undoubtedly dilute the experience and that raw emotion of the ending, which would be a damn shame.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

EDIT: saying that, why not though? I would love to see an ending cutscenes where the world is actually destroyed and they failed to bring back the light or maybe a super happy one too. We got the canon ending already, so wouldn't it be fun to see some other what if scenarios?
I guess it's more that people don' want them to waste time on doing that when there are clearly many things that can be improved upon in the actual story

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
Didn't they want a 'normal' & 'perfect' ending during development or is that more fanon nonsense? Type-0 has a happy (and I think alternative universe) ending that unlocks after multiple playthroughs of the game.