Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
How Ignis said "this instant!" is hilarious. Such a strong English accent.

Ardyn's snark response was funny too.

I will say that the lip syncing is very off and the overall scene did look a bit on the cheap side though.

Still, it puts to rest the question of what happened at the beginning of that chapter. I do wonder if they will improve it?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
They've added new lines in chapter 10. It seems they interspersed these new lines throughout the entire game. Might replay the game in its entirety once the pack is out.

Here are the lines I just encountered

Chapter 10 while searching for the generator key

Noctis: Here's the key. I found it.
Prompto: That's pretty irresponsible leaving it out in the open like that.
Ignis: Where is the generator?
Prompto: Didn't you read the sign Iggy?
Noctis: ... not funny.

I also noticed that they downgraded the water effects of the puddles and swamps though. Probably to fit in the new quest? Anyone else notice this too?

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I remember hearing there is a new cutscene between Noctis and Ravus in chapter 13. I have work tomorrow, so I don't have time to confirm it. But it would be nice if someone could replay the chapter 13 and see if it's true or just a rumor.
I'll check, but we'll see.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
How Ignis said "this instant!" is hilarious. Such a strong English accent.

Ardyn's snark response was funny too.

I will say that the lip syncing is very off and the overall scene did look a bit on the cheap side though.

Still, it puts to rest the question of what happened at the beginning of that chapter. I do wonder if they will improve it?
Re: the lip syncing, Luminous seems to include an automatic lip sync feature that isn't anywhere near as polished as custom lip syncing but serves as the HD equivalent of the PS2 era's "fish face" models that used textures to roughly imitate lip movements. Presumably, the resource cost of doing custom lip sync for everything would be too high -- the base game had the same issue in a number of places.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Do you have a video ?
Couldn't beat him :bawling: When I do I'll share though. I've gotten him into his second phase (music ramps up, becomes semi-invulnerable) but I have a feeling that new fire attack from the trailer where he sticks his sword in the ground and stretches his arms out will be in a rematch like Bahamut.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Re: the lip syncing, Luminous seems to include an automatic lip sync feature that isn't anywhere near as polished as custom lip syncing but serves as the HD equivalent of the PS2 era's "fish face" models that used textures to roughly imitate lip movements. Presumably, the resource cost of doing custom lip sync for everything would be too high -- the base game had the same issue in a number of places.
I wouldn't be surprised if the high cost of XIII was related to the team doing separate lip syncing to Japanese and English dialogue. Hope they can do it again sometime. Maybe using some of the profits they're raking in from XV.