Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Question. We are all replaying Chapter 14 right?

You get unique items to that chapter, is everyone willing to reset hunt and side-quest progress for those items since you have to use chapter select? Is there no way to get all of that in your post-game save file?

Basically I'm asking: Can I just play most of the story progress from Chapter 15 post-game? Will it still let me go to the base and do all the sidequests? Thanks!

Edit: oh now I get it, you HAVE to play from chapter 14 to experience it all. RIP sidequests and hunts
I'm here to save your soul!
You can play chapter 14 till you reach the gates of the citadel, only doing Cor's sidequests(you will receive an item for Gladio) so you can experience the fight the best way posible.
Then you can go back to your save from chapter 15, where you will appear as if you had defeated Cerberus . Then you can rediscover the map and do all the sidequests, grab the items and do the final part without missing anything.

Okay, i lied, you will not have Cerberus in your Bestiary. But everything else will be obtained.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
You can play chapter 14 till you reach the gates of the citadel, only doing Cor's sidequests(you will receive an item for Gladio) so you can experience the fight the best way posible.
Then you can go back to your save from chapter 15, where you will appear as if you had defeated Cerberus . Then you can rediscover the map and do all the sidequests, grab the items and do the final part without missing anything.

Okay, i lied, you will not have Cerberus in your Bestiary. But everything else will be obtained.
Holy fuck you are a lifesaver!!!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

Question though, will you still keep the item from Cerberus? I think he gives you one. That would be my only concern.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Hajime Tabata talks first-person warp-strikes, exploring Insomnia, the continued evolution of Final Fantasy XV, and more.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/06/final-fantasy-xv-director-qa-royal-edition-out-today/
2. Where did the name Royal Edition come from?
First, we wanted to avoid naming it the Complete Edition, because we still have plans of continuing services in the future. We came up with the word ROYAL in association with the Lucis royal line, and also felt it best suited this most complete edition of FFXV available at this time. We previously had a patch named the “Crown Update,” which was also named in association with the Lucian royal family.

5. With first-person mode and an all-new dungeon, there’s quite a lot of stuff in here! Is there anything else you wish could have made its way into the Royal Edition?
I would say underwater exploration. However, since there’d be difficulties spec-wise, and with limited locations where players could play this, we prioritized the other elements.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/971110557230215169

only in comrades you get to see stuff like this, and ppl were saying the multiplayer would be a waste of resource lol
Tbh, Comrades does so much for the narrative it's not even funny, even if a decent chunk of it is text and quest based

I checked Chapters 9 and 13 earlier before the Royal Pack, but nothing was found.
Yea, I definitely appreciate the little additions to chapters 5 and 10 (the Cor dialogue not the quests lol), but I'm going to hold off on replaying the game fully until all of these little updates stop and the rest of the DLC pull through. Until then, just gonna play everything in chunks when they release until it's all done.

Hopefully they do make those chapter 9, 12 and 14 additions happen from the PE eventually.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I have to go to work in less than 5 minutes, so I might not be able to confirm this. But there might be something different about chapter 13. I just started playing and took Nocts path. When I did that, it said Verses 2 is available in the dormitory. Hopefully I can get to a rest point within the next few minutes, to see if I can switch over in game.
[Dormitory might just mean the "Special" on the main menu, but it's checking just in case]
That's always been there. You can change to Gladio at every rest room, but once you change to him you will miss the rest of Noctis path.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2017
Did someone played chapter 9 and 13 to look for new content?
I guess everyone is busy playing the Royal content.
There's nothing new. Even played from 12 too, with the hope you maybe get something related to Luna lol I'm really confused as to why Luna was so prominent in the marketing artwork, but there's not much to her here. Maybe there's more or most likely it's gonna be patched in.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yea, I definitely appreciate the little additions to chapters 5 and 10 (the Cor dialogue not the quests lol), but I'm going to hold off on replaying the game fully until all of these little updates stop and the rest of the DLC pull through.
What new dialogue for Cor?

Also, what’s all this about chapter select and issues arising from using it?

Anyone care to fill me in?

I always just jumped back and forth and didn’t experience any issues... or none that I noticed at least.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
What new dialogue for Cor?

Also, what’s all this about chapter select and issues arising from using it?

Anyone care to fill me in?

I always just jumped back and forth and didn’t experience any issues... or none that I noticed at least.
Cor now calls you on the phone while you're at the Cartanica train station in Chapter 10, giving you the location of the tomb. Also, Chapter Select erases the progress made on side quests and takes away the fast travel points.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Cor now calls you on the phone while you're at the Cartanica train station in Chapter 10, giving you the location of the tomb. Also, Chapter Select erases the progress made on side quests and takes away the fast travel points.
Thanks for that. I’ll check out the new dialogue in chapter 10.

So... if I jump to any chapter, are you saying all the side quests and travel points in the game will reset?

All of them? Like hunts, dungeons, Vyv’s quests, etc?