Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I just started a new game plus today. Cosmogony is in the same locations, Almanac is the locations and they are found within those areas (likely new additions). There's another, I think called Chronology; it's the texts that you found for Ignis's recipes. I finished Keycatrich dungeon and I didn't see any monuments inside, unless they are in the Menace Dungeons.
Really?? I couldn't find hammerheads or meldacio HQ and I looked literally everywhere, unless it' based on region. But this is good to know. Yeah, I have no idea where those monuments are.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
So it kind of sucks that the Regalia Type-D is only post-game now.

I mean, I can oddly still use the Regalia Type-D in the story mode, by using a story mode save file from before I got the Royal Edition.

But If I where to start a new game, I wouldn't be able to access the Type-D until I beat the story mode. Which is disappointing. Especially for new players.
It's not post game. You have to do some Cindy's Quests to make it appear (the blue papers in front the garage appeared when Cindy offered me the quest where you go to the sewers).

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I tried to get Nix blades, but they're not neither at floor(february patch) neither trying to make appear the monster(once taken the elevator, go back, kill the 2 fire giants and the beast spawned where the ols first rest place).
Nothing happens.

Maybe there's a new secret way to obtain them.

I'm looking for the threat full of datamining information but i can't find it. Can someone post it please?

PD:You can destroy the scenario in Insomnia crushing the car against things (cars and lights).

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
For real, i'm strongly considering shifting to PS4 Pro before getting the ultimate edition to start off fresh again.

Cannot wait. :)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
For real, i'm strongly considering shifting to PS4 Pro before getting the ultimate edition to start off fresh again.

Cannot wait. :)
im planning on buying a good pc, the windows edition is incredible and mod support has potential; i simply can't look back at PS4 visuals now lol

edit:

this reshade kinda makes the colors look similar to ep duscae.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
It will be glorious to one day have the complete package, especially if it's like a PS5 port that has everything on disc~
To be honest, this kind of modern gaming business/expanded version/fix-it stuff is why I'm so cautious about buying games today. Time was, I'd just get something from a store shelf and be sure that any problems are...well, problems. You live with them, get your enjoyment out of the product (Galidor and Bionicle: The Game are terrible, but I got my thrill out of them; the Legend era Tomb Raiders are some of my favorite games ever; Beyond Good and Evil isn't perfect but it's still a wonderful ride). Now it's "Extra Edition", "Super Edition", "Deluxe Edition", "Complete Edi-" oh wait, not quite, now "Complete Edition". It just puts me off getting anything on release day for fear of a huge day one patch being needed or essential DLC without which the narrative makes no sense or the gameplay's flat. It can even put me off buying it at all, or at least makes me wait for it to be on sale so I'm not paying two-to-three game's price tag for what should be a single game's worth of content... *sigh* Alright, rant over.

I do appreciate the effort they're putting in, and that it's being rewarded is good too.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Now it's "Extra Edition", "Super Edition", "Deluxe Edition", "Complete Edi-" oh wait, not quite, now "Complete Edition".
I wouldn't inherently say this is a more modern thing. More like it's just being done by more companies. Capcom has a long running history of making multiple versions of the same numbered fighting game for Street Fighter.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I wouldn't inherently say this is a more modern thing. More like it's just being done by more companies. Capcom has a long running history of making multiple versions of the same numbered fighting game for Street Fighter.
More to the point, Squenix has been selling International Editions of Final Fantasy games since FFVII (and Final Mixes/Re:makes of KH games since that series began). FFXV's piecemeal patching is actually an improvement over having to buy the full game again a year later for relatively modest improvements.

(The only instance of an International/Final Mix version that made the same degree of improvements as FFXV's Royal Edition was KHII's Final Mix+, which included a full PS2 Re:make of a former GameBoy Advance exclusive, a number of necessary additional cutscenes and a meticulously-tuned Critical Mode. FFXII's is probably the second closest given its extensive combat changes, but it left the scenario alone.)