Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
yes, all of them i think ;P

looks like that deleted train station would fit in just right in this spot (0:06)

gralea is fantastic, it does seem to be similarly advanced like insomnia, but insomnia is bigger.
Yeah, it either existed there or Altissia before the game became more linear and Gralea became a destroyed centerpiece. But damn man what I would give to be able to explore some of that in Ep. Ardyn or a future DLC. That and Tenebrae are my most requested now with some hidden dungeons.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
yes, all of them i think ;P

looks like that deleted train station would fit in just right in this spot (0:06)

gralea is fantastic, it does seem to be similarly advanced like insomnia, but insomnia is bigger.
How did the person get to that part of Gralea on foot?

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Since we're stuck in a dead season of FFXV news, I decided to make a series of posts about random observations I made with this game. It's interesting to go back and compare the evolution of this beast throughout the years. So here goes:

Part 1:

Earlier builds were very different than what the final game ended up being. FFXV had many trailers in 2014, all of which demonstrated a graphical performance far superior to the retail version. You 'll notice that the 2014/2015 version of the game had much deeper vegetation. It wasn't until the PC version of the game bridged the gap a little with its turf-effects to give the outdoors an overhaul.

And since we're on the topic of PCs, some fans with expensive computers were recently able to push the game to its limits, outputting a visual performance that rivals those days.

A final small detail for today that I recently noticed is actually Noct's physical appearance. The older model for his character was more muscular, particularly in the chest and shoulders. This observation is perhaps the hardest to showcase. Noctis appeared to rock a more "beefy" body structure compared to his skinny-ass in the final game.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
it fits very well with this station:

To be honest, there are several reasons why I think that station existed in Altissia and not Gralea:

1. When I datamined the benchmark, there was cut dialogue (can't remember atm) insinuating that the train leaves from Altissia and doesn't actually start in Niflheim. You can check my posts in the datamine thread a while back but I'll try and look for it later.

2. The bros talk about how the Altissian First Secretary helped them board the train and sneak the car onto cargo. How can she do this if they board the train in Niflheim? It would have been much easier to take the car out of the boat (which is implied is in there) and put it on the train logically in Altissia.

3. If you go OOB in Succarpe, the tracks come out of the water, indicating that it may have been coming from an underground tunnel from Altissia. Having a train connected to Accordo further solidifies Niflheims hold on it.

4. Pretty sure there are other Altissians on the train if you listen to some of the dialogue.

5. Correct me if im wring, but look at that video of the train station, all of the assets (benches/food stands/the paint easel/lights) exist in Altissia and have that architechure.

Might just be me though. But I'd love if they expanded chapter 10 to actually start here and travel underground to include more time for transitional dialogue. It also improves the transition fro. Accordo to Niflheim.

Edit: @Vallen, yeah idk why they changed his physical appearance. Maybe because he's so lazy and slacks off they wanted to make it more realistic? Leave the muscle to Gladio lol but I really did like his older design.

Feb 19, 2018
To be honest, there are several reasons why I think that station existed in Altissia and not Gralea:

1. When I datamined the benchmark, there was cut dialogue (can't remember atm) insinuating that the train leaves from Altissia and doesn't actually start in Niflheim. You can check my posts in the datamine thread a while back but I'll try and look for it later.

2. The bros talk about how the Altissian First Secretary helped them board the train and sneak the car onto cargo. How can she do this if they board the train in Niflheim? It would have been much easier to take the car out of the boat (which is implied is in there) and put it on the train logically in Altissia.

3. If you go OOB in Succarpe, the tracks come out of the water, indicating that it may have been coming from an underground tunnel from Altissia. Having a train connected to Accordo further solidifies Niflheims hold on it.

4. Pretty sure there are other Altissians on the train if you listen to some of the dialogue.

5. Correct me if im wring, but look at that video of the train station, all of the assets (benches/food stands/the paint easel/lights) exist in Altissia and have that architechure.

Might just be me though. But I'd love if they expanded chapter 10 to actually start here and travel underground to include more time for transitional dialogue. It also improves the transition fro. Accordo to Niflheim.

Edit: @Vallen, yeah idk why they changed his physical appearance. Maybe because he's so lazy and slacks off they wanted to make it more realistic? Leave the muscle to Gladio lol but I really did like his older design.
I actually kinda prefer current Noctis' design more, it fits a sheltered prince who has a tendency to be half asleep most of the time and who spent most of his life pretty sad and lonely. Sure he may have known the bros but I feel like they didn't truly KNOW each other until the much deeper bonds of brotherhood formed over the course of the adventure. I'm also a sucker for misleading appearances, like Noct even as an inexperienced whiny prince supposedly had within him the raw power to contest the strength of a gigantic stone god, it just had to be drawn out of him in the heat of the moment. That "hell yeah!" moment when Noct first deflects the towering Titan's stomp wouldn't been nearly as awesome for me personally if Noct were already a semi beef cake, it would come off more as "finally this douche is putting those muscles to use." Part of the awesomeness in Noctis' displays of power, at least for me personally stems from the fact that they're coming from a guy you'd doubt being able to channel that much power much like some of the other characters in game do like the Altissian government lady whose name escapes me or Gladio. Hell even Noct doesn't fully believe in himself and I feel like his appearance helps sell that tremendously.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Part 2:

In the next set observations I'd like to bring up some locations that miraculously made it into the final game despite the multitude of design and story changes the game suffered. The first one is the wasteland from the 2008 Versus-13 extended trailer which ultimately became the Liede region in FFXV. It's nice to see that they were able to maintain this area and re-purpose it into the game.
While iconic scenes like the signing ceremony and the evening party scene were ultimately re-purposed into Kingsglaive, an interesting observation I’d like to point everyone’s attention to is the street behemoth battle that was shown in a 20-second PV. In that mini trailer we see Noctis fighting a behemoth in the streets of Insomnia. It’s interesting to notice that FFXV did manage to maintain the aesthetic of that battle, with a king behemoth battle in front of the Citadel in the vanilla version of FFXV, and a clever shift of this monster to reside in the western area of the expanded map after the Royal Update DLC (hint: read the upper right yellow street sign in the Versus-13 screenshot)
The last environmental observation for today relates to this “grassy plain” we saw in the 2008 scans and in the 2011 trailer. After reviewing the footage, I believe back then we were shown an early design of the Fodina Mine. FFXV’s uneven rocky formation of that area, the similar abundance of vegetation, and the peculiar placement of water in a mine site – all point me in the direction to believe the mine was a Versus-13 concept or that this area in the final game is a spiritual successor to that location.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
God, that's just depressing... that's one of the first parts of the game they ever showed and it gets completely cut from the game... God fucking dammit dude.
Yeah, that train station may have been in Altissia, according to a data-mine, or in Gralea like in that video, but we may never know.