Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
wow, that's interesting...I wonder if it's accidental or will have any purpose later. Maybe a long lost cousin? ;D
I doubt it, She was one of the few NPC glaives that wasn't in the Chapter 14 revamp. They also updated the NPC glaives Gustco's face to match Libertus' face but again different hair + facial tattoos and Sadda now has glasses. If anything it's an easter egg/ reference and reutilizing assets. Luna's face Kingsglaive version might get added as a DLC for character creation like they did with Nyx, Libertus and Sonitus.

Last edited:

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I doubt it, She was one of the few NPC glaives that wasn't in the Chapter 14 revamp. They also updated the NPC glaives Gustco's face to match Libertus' face but again different hair + facial tattoos and Sadda now has glasses. If anything it's an easter egg/ reference and reutilizing assets. If anything that Luna face version might get added as a DLC for character creation like they did with Nyx, Libertus and Sonitus.
well yeah ._. after all, I doubt they will add something that important as Luna's relative for multiplayer dlc T_T

47D

Yevonite
Feb 17, 2018
Ya know something, Pre-Invasion Insomnia isn't that hard to create at this point, Square has already set the foundation:

Of course, I still would love the Insomnia map to be bigger than what we currently have, but honestly the Royal Edition map is big enough to make a Pre-Invasion version of it.

All Square has to do is tweak the current Royal Edition map slightly [ take out all the destroyed buildings, and add the day and night cycle ], and then all that's left is to copy and past a bunch of NPC's and cars onto the map, and it's done.

The real problem isn't making the map, but rather how to implement it.

A lot of you think there should be a prologue to the game, taking place in Insomnia. But the problem with this idea is how the game's Opening is set up.

It's pretty clear the Car Pushing scene is suppose to be the Opening of the game, since we hear both the theme song and the game title, and the dialogue during this scene is re-used in the ending credits. It would make the Car Pushing Opening feel completely out of place if we have to do through a two hour prologue first.

[Although, I guess Kingdom Hearts II pulled off a four hour prologue, so why can't FFXV do the same?]

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
A lot of you think there should be a prologue to the game, taking place in Insomnia. But the problem with this idea is how the game's Opening is set up. It's pretty clear the Car Pushing scene is suppose to be the Opening of the game, since we hear both the theme song and the game title, and the dialogue during this scene is re-used in the ending credits.
I was thinking they could insert either a 30minute CG cutscene of the invasion when the bros go to sleep after doing Dino's quest. Or alternatively they could end chapter 1 there and insert a new chapter 2 that would be a playable Nyx or Regis in Insomnia.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Ya know something, Pre-Invasion Insomnia isn't that hard to create at this point, Square has already set the foundation:

Of course, I still would love the Insomnia map to be bigger than what we currently have, but honestly the Royal Edition map is big enough to make a Pre-Invasion version of it.

All Square has to do is tweak the current Royal Edition map slightly [ take out all the destroyed buildings, and add the day and night cycle ], and then all that's left is to copy and past a bunch of NPC's and cars onto the map, and it's done.

The real problem isn't making the map, but rather how to implement it.

A lot of you think there should be a prologue to the game, taking place in Insomnia. But the problem with this idea is how the game's Opening is set up.

It's pretty clear the Car Pushing scene is suppose to be the Opening of the game, since we hear both the theme song and the game title, and the dialogue during this scene is re-used in the ending credits. It would make the Car Pushing Opening feel completely out of place if we have to do through a two hour prologue first.

[Although, I guess Kingdom Hearts II pulled off a four hour prologue, so why can't FFXV do the same?]
I guess the pre-prologue scene should happen after you talk to Cid in Chapter 2, with the bros sitting in a campfire feeling lonely/sad and starting a flashback where every single one see their family and friends for last time (the idea i had could be rescued, but the tutorial doesn't fit any longer). So we have a better feel of mourning from the Bros before they go active to reunite the royal weapons and procede to have fun.

Then once you have Umbra you can travel to Past Insomnia to do little side quests or the FFXIV Festival.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I was thinking they could insert either a 30minute CG cutscene of the invasion when the bros go to sleep after doing Dino's quest. Or alternatively they could end chapter 1 there and insert a new chapter 2 that would be a playable Nyx or Regis in Insomnia.
I would be the first one to buy a playable Kingsglaive. But If SE do this, people will have no reason to buy/see the movie and that would be shooting at their feet.

I also don't think that much time should be dedicated in a single cutscene, it kills the pace (the longest cutscene in the game is the ending+credits and it's only 15 minutes long).

The best thing i can think of is seeing the last day at Insomnia from Noctis perspective and meeting all characters that appear at the movie.
But it's still hard to place it in the game in a way it fits the narrative and i don't have the feeling of my idea being the best solution.

Edit:
One of the things i once though it would improve the relationship of Noctis and Luna would be having the posibility to read 3 or 4 pages of Luna's diary every time Umbra gives it to Noct, hearing a voice over from her and him to emphatise emotion and making it more comfortable to look.

In those messages we could read entries of them as kids and other of them as adults. Being one of them a message telling how much she liked when her mother played the piano, with an answer from Noctis saying he will learn and play for her.

Then, once chapter 12 is improved (let's hope it happens) you go inside Tenebrae and Noctis comments to Ignis there's a piano.
In this scene we can see how Ignis starts playing has trouble with the two hands because of the lack of visual aid, so Noctis sits at his side and plays half of the keyboard.
While the music plays, Noctis tells why he asked Iggie to teach him and how much he practiced to play for Luna at the wedding.
While they play we can se through a window reflection how Luna is looking the scene(like it happened in Omen trailer) but when Noctis looks there, there's nothing.

I think the song that should be played here is Noctis theme (the post game menu song), this way we can have even more feels when we see them together in the logo.

Damn, i touched my own feelings with this );

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Man I don't know, I wanna explore pre-invasion Insomnia as much as the rest of you but there is just no place for it in the main game. Tagging it on to any current parts of the game just wouldn't really work imo. I could see it as a seperate DLC maybe (like how Episode Prompto allowed us to finally explore the snowy region of Niflheim) but that's about it.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Man I don't know, I wanna explore pre-invasion Insomnia as much as the rest of you but there is just no place for it in the main game. Tagging it on to any current parts of the game just wouldn't really work imo. I could see it as a seperate DLC maybe (like how Episode Prompto allowed us to finally explore the snowy region of Niflheim) but that's about it.
well,yeah....it would work only as a separate, big dlc. BUT I think that since they have probably most of Insomnia untouched modelled they will use it eventually. It would be such a waste not to do it! :p

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
playable flashbacks
umbra memory travel

Last edited: