Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 18, 2018
Idk if you guys talked about this already but I was messing around with the debug menu and under "move" (which pretty much teleports Noctis anywhere on the map) there is a region called "Sccarpe" (probably Succarpe, the region just before Cartanica?) as you can see there: 20180403215314_1.jpg

If I select it I get these: 20180403215320_1.jpg

So it's telling me that there's a camp, a town, a dungeon, "nifl" (which is used for imperial bases) and a grave, but I can't teleport to any of those areas which is weird because I can teleport anywhere except to this Succarpe region, maybe they'll expand Succarpe? (We already saw that it looked like a city was being worked on there:
)

Or maybe it's just Cartanica.. However there's no imperial bases there so I don't know..

What do you guys think?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Idk if you guys talked about this already but I was messing around with the debug menu and under "move" (which pretty much teleports Noctis anywhere on the map) there is a region called "Sccarpe" (probably Succarpe, the region just before Cartanica?) as you can see there: View attachment 947

If I select it I get these: View attachment 948

So it's telling me that there's a camp, a town, a dungeon, "nifl" (which is used for imperial bases) and a grave, but I can't teleport to any of those areas which is weird because I can teleport anywhere except to this Succarpe region, maybe they'll expand Succarpe? (We already saw that it looked like a city was being worked on there:
)

Or maybe it's just Cartanica.. However there's no imperial bases there so I don't know..

What do you guys think?
That's interesting, perhaps cut content or new upcoming content, but we'll see. Cartanica is a part of Succarpe, just to let you know.

Prompto

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 29, 2018
Idk if you guys talked about this already but I was messing around with the debug menu and under "move" (which pretty much teleports Noctis anywhere on the map) there is a region called "Sccarpe" (probably Succarpe, the region just before Cartanica?) as you can see there: View attachment 947

)

What do you guys think?
What’s RAVETRRICE and PV?

Feb 18, 2018
That's interesting, perhaps cut content or new upcoming content, but we'll see. Cartanica is a part of Succarpe, just to let you know.
Oh alright, but there's no imperial bases there afaik

What’s RAVETRRICE and PV?
Ravetrrice is Altissia, PV just teleports you to a random spot it seems like

There's also an option to get unlimited jumps (jump while already in the air) this'll make things easier if I want to get OOB to check if new stuff is being added xD

20180403221646_1.jpg

Feb 18, 2018
what happens if you jump to ravvetrice?

also, seems the duscae lightning can be acessed on the debug menu:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXVPCmods/comments/89dtzx
but in the video you can only see weather types related to casting magic/summoning, so i don't know.
Yeah I tried that, there's some pretty neat weather effects.

Here's the original screenshot with no effects:

20180403221845_1.jpg

And now a bunch of screenshot showing off some weather effects, all taken at the sime time or almost:

20180403222101_1.jpg

20180403222440_1.jpg

20180403222644_1.jpg

20180403222144_1.jpg

20180403222546_1.jpg

20180403222628_1.jpg

20180403222619_1.jpg

20180403222203_1.jpg

20180403222417_1.jpg

20180403222533_1.jpg

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah sure that's how it could work mechanically but nowhere in the game's story would it be a good idea to tag on an hour long section in non-destroyed Insomnia. It would negate what they were going for with the intro to the game and it would feel weighty at the end of chapter 1 like some have suggested.
Honestly I could see it making sense if they were to patch in Insomnia exploration through Noctis' dreams. His dreams, like I've said before, were handled extremely poorly and were almost non existent despite being a canon and important part of the character as evidenced by the canon Platinum Demo and he also randomly sees Omen play out in his dreams at Lestallum which is a canonically confirmed alternate timeline by the devs themselves so Noctis is implied to even be able to see alternate timelines when dreaming. Maybe have him dream he's in the middle of the Insomnia invasion when that's all going down and he wake up to find out it was all real, then intersperse a few more playable sequences in pristine Insomnia where Noctis goes to sleep as part of the story like whenever you're forced to make camp as part of the story, when he's in his coma in Altissia, or when he's sleeping for 10 years in the crystal. Honestly maybe I'm the only one that thinks this but the 10 years within the crystal could easily be an entire playable dream sequence chapter. If squeezing pre-invasion Insomnia in between chapter 0 and the departure cinematic doesn't work (which honestly I'm fine with) I think Noctis' dreams are the next best place to put it along with the Insomnia invasion cuz honestly it already looks like a dream sequence with the way they implemented it in the game where it was just visuals and music like his Omen dream in Lestallum.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Honestly I could see it making sense if they were to patch in Insomnia exploration through Noctis' dreams. His dreams, like I've said before, were handled extremely poorly and were almost non existent despite being a canon and important part of the character as evidenced by the canon Platinum Demo and he also randomly sees Omen play out in his dreams at Lestallum which is a canonically confirmed alternate timeline by the devs themselves so Noctis is implied to even be able to see alternate timelines when dreaming. Maybe have him dream he's in the middle of the Insomnia invasion when that's all going down and he wake up to find out it was all real, then intersperse a few more playable sequences in pristine Insomnia where Noctis goes to sleep as part of the story like whenever you're forced to make camp as part of the story, when he's in his coma in Altissia, or when he's sleeping for 10 years in the crystal. Honestly maybe I'm the only one that thinks this but the 10 years within the crystal could easily be an entire playable dream sequence chapter. If squeezing pre-invasion Insomnia in between chapter 0 and the departure cinematic doesn't work (which honestly I'm fine with) I think Noctis' dreams are the next best place to put it along with the Insomnia invasion cuz honestly it already looks like a dream sequence with the way they implemented it in the game where it was just visuals and music like his Omen dream in Lestallum.
Honestly, I was always thinking that the alternate timeline turned out to be alternate ending from Episode Ignis and that's all. It's such a pity that they went from "I see people's souls and I have nightmares constantly and I can't tell what's real and what's a dream" to "yeah I sleep a lot coz I can and I'm lazy" lmao. There were hints even in Platinum Demo (which still had a lot of versus xiii feel T_T). Honestly, I'm more and more thinking that like week before premiere they cut half of the interesting content in a rush xd can you tell me when he says in Lestallum that he has Omen dreams? o_O I've never spotted it.

Feb 19, 2018
Honestly, I was always thinking that the alternate timeline turned out to be alternate ending from Episode Ignis and that's all. It's such a pity that they went from "I see people's souls and I have nightmares constantly and I can't tell what's real and what's a dream" to "yeah I sleep a lot coz I can and I'm lazy" lmao. There were hints even in Platinum Demo (which still had a lot of versus xiii feel T_T). Honestly, I'm more and more thinking that like week before premiere they cut half of the interesting content in a rush xd can you tell me when he says in Lestallum that he has Omen dreams? o_O I've never spotted it.
He gets the Omen dream when you first arrive at the Leville in Lestallum if I'm not mistaken, it's a mandatory rest stop in the story and this is what it looks like.

Also I don't think the Omen timeline fits with Iggy's Verse 2 ending since Omen ends with everything in ruin and Noctis himself being responsible for bringing about the apocalypse. Iggy's Verse 2 while indeed puzzling and having a possibility of a dark truth (mostly just based on speculation tbh) is far more hopeful than Omen and even the main Verse's ending. Also while I'm not too torn up about Noctis' ability to see dead people being removed (which he kinda does retain even if it's only in regards to Luna) it's mostly the importance of his dreams being so watered down in the final product that gets me. It would be great if we were given playable dream portions that let us see the events of Kingsglaive as a playable premonition to Noctis in place of the current montage we have and if we were later given some of his memories of Insomnia to play through as short sequences as well as maybe some other memories like the initial invasion of Tennebrae when he was a child. It just kinda makes Platinum Demo feel entirely irrelevant story wise and the Omen very out of left field for Noctis to see with the way his dreams are handled at the moment because there's barely any weight to that aspect of the character within the story despite it being constantly referenced and acknowledged in one way or another. It just never amounts to anything with the way things are now. Hell the best dream sequence in XV belongs to Prompto of all people despite it not being a central aspect of his character. Anyways I'm all for more dream sequences with the KG montage being replaced with a playable invasion segment and maybe the Omen one becoming a playable version of it or being outright replaced with another playable dream sequence.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

)

What do you guys think?
It's most likely just everything in Cartanica/Fodina Caestino. Everything in that list technically exists there save for a Niff base. Maybe they are planning on adding a Niff base at some point of the region, or its the Niff base in Piztala.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
I really hope we get a new trailer for ep ardyn in pax, the drought is killing me (we didnt even get the usual monthly update...).

Edit: im not sure how pax works, but if we are getting anything, can we only get it during the ffxv mods panel thing? Or do they showcase trailers for games in other panels ?

dawn

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ion-ot-walk-taller.27521/page-82#post-6332576

@Bazztek I read your post at resetera but I can't reply there so if you not mind I post here. I have couple questions for you if you not mind to answer it.

what is different between crownsguard and kingsglaive and why at ch.14 the bros and cor wear kingsglaive outfit not crownsguard outfit? kingsglaive not insomnian, so insomnian can't be kingsglaive and outsider can't be crownsguard(except prompto because he was raised in insomnia and noctis's guard for his wedding) , right?
why kingsglaive much stronger than crownsguard, kingsglaive can warp and use magic but crownsguard can't do it? like ignis, gladio, clarus and cor can't warp and use magic but nyx, libertus, and crowe can do it?
thats why insomnia fall because crownsguard so weak and kingsglaive betrayed the king because they are outsider.

my english not good, i hope you understand my question.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
It's pretty interesting that Summons actually function pretty well in Cartanica, I would've assumed the game would crash or undergo a severe frame-rate drop, considering the state of that area.
Well most of Niflheim is pretty solid north of Gralea, so I'm actually not too surprised, especially with all the Oob videos showing that.

I'm certain now that Cartanica is my most wanted game update for this year!
They could ninja drop the update without notice.
This, the update this month could still very well happen. I think people forget that FFXV's updates are basically random during the month.

Some are at the end, December 2017's was in the middle. February and March's this year were in the beginning. We have no way of knowing.