Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
One more day for pax ffxv panel, can't wait.
isnt the panel on the 7th?

anyway i think they'll only talk about modding, even then its already time they start promoting Ep Ardyn.

officially it was only revealed in interviews and the casuals dont even know about its existence, there should be an official announcement with a teaser at least at this point

edit:

https://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/translations-of-the-official-works-book.9241/

according to the translation of the age of the legends bit in the book, the civilization of solheim rebelled against all the gods.

Feb 18, 2018

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018

anyway i think they'll only talk about modding, even then its already time they start promoting Ep Ardyn.

officially it was only revealed in interviews and the casuals dont even know about its existence, there should be an official announcement with a teaser at least at this point

edit:

https://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/translations-of-the-official-works-book.9241/

according to the translation of the age of the legends bit in the book, the civilization of solheim rebelled against all the gods.
The website says friday at 3:30pm. So i guess its tomorrow (the 6th)

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

edit:

Solheim is getting more intriguing, I do wonder why they turned against the gods, I wonder what made Solheim proud enough to turn against the gods, I would really like to know how that happened.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ion-ot-walk-taller.27521/page-82#post-6332576

@Bazztek I read your post at resetera but I can't reply there so if you not mind I post here. I have couple questions for you if you not mind to answer it.

what is different between crownsguard and kingsglaive and why at ch.14 the bros and cor wear kingsglaive outfit not crownsguard outfit? kingsglaive not insomnian, so insomnian can't be kingsglaive and outsider can't be crownsguard(except prompto because he was raised in insomnia and noctis's guard for his wedding) , right?
why kingsglaive much stronger than crownsguard, kingsglaive can warp and use magic but crownsguard can't do it? like ignis, gladio, clarus and cor can't warp and use magic but nyx, libertus, and crowe can do it?
thats why insomnia fall because crownsguard so weak and kingsglaive betrayed the king because they are outsider.

my english not good, i hope you understand my question.
Someone else probably already answered you but basically the Kingsglaive is like an elite unit sent into the frontlines of war while the Crownsguard are closer guarding the king and helping people inside Insomnia.

When the WoR happens basically all the remaining Crownsguard, Kingsglaive and Hunters band toghther, and basically become a new Kingsglaive of sorts channeling from Noctis, but the Crownsguard is still technically active as it's mentioned that Gladio took over for Cor as the head of the Crownsguard, whereas Cor is leading everyone else. Also the clothes that the bros and Cor are wearing when you start the game is their Crownsguard outfits, Ignis mentions that members of it get specifically tailored clothes to go with their personality or something along those lines.

The original Kingsglaive wasn't just comprised of refugees, it also had people native to Insomnia in it. The Kingsglaive are trained more in using the Royal Magic because they're sent into the frontlines of war where they'd need that, while Crownsguard seems mainly limited to just summoning weapons and direct sword combat, this is also why Prompto uses guns since he only just recently joined the Crownsguard and hadn't received his training yet, I recall there also being some mention of people having an affinity to be able to use the Royal Magic being why they joined the original Kingsglaive in the first place.

Regis actually somewhat relinquished Cor of his guard duties by his side during the peace treaty stuff and instead ordered Cor to go and help the people of Insomnia first, and because of that is why there wasn't much Crownsguard around to help Regis, and that's also why Cor isn't seen in the movie, and it's also why the Kingsglaive are basically doing what the Crownsguard would normally be doing inside Insomnia, which is why Nyx was on guard duty there instead of someone from the Crownsguard. The Glaives that were traitors was only a portion of them, not all of them.

Regis only formed the Kingsglaive around the time that Noctis was annointed by the Crystal, before that the Crownsguard was the main military doing stuff in war.

Last edited:

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
What do you lot think of this:
First episode (Ardyn) trailer at pax east, releasing in q2 2018.
Second episode trailer at e3 pre-show, releasing in q3 2018.
third episode trailer at tgs, releasing in q4 2018.
And finally fourth episode trailer at jump-festa or psx, releasing in q1 2019.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
What do you lot think of this:
First episode (Ardyn) trailer at pax east, releasing in q2 2018.
Second episode trailer at e3 pre-show, releasing in q3 2018.
third episode trailer at tgs, releasing in q4 2018.
And finally fourth episode trailer at jump-festa or psx, releasing in q1 2019.

Its possible, but I have a feeling they will be releasing slower than that. Its the same director and team working on all 4 now (the Episode Ignis team, which is awesome because the story/gameplay was the best in that one), so I have a feeling that while Ardyn is almost done, the others are still going to be in development for a while each.

My personal belief:

1. Episode Ardyn: Q2 2018
1.5 "Episode Luna" by the free update team (not as big as Ardyn, but a significant feature. See my point below for why I think this): Also Q2 2018
2. DLC 2: Q3-Q4 2018
3. DLC 3: Q1-2 2019
4. DLC 4: Q2-3 2019

I think it will be faster than the above, but with 1 team working on all 4 and one free update team, content should be taking longer than it did last year. A different director did each DLC previously, even up to the Royal Pack.

Also, on the Luna point, the way Tabata addresses Episode Luna and talks about it as if it is an almost separate entity to the 4 DLC episodes makes me believe it will be. In the Dangeki interview he said something along the lines of "There will be 4 DLC to "complete" FFXV. There may also be an Episode Luna as well." He talks about it like it is separate from those 4, and that gets me excited. He also talks about how the next DLC will be "happy" or "making the player smile" , which I CANNOT see Episode Ardyn being happy at all, nor that making any sense. Also, several of us in the datamine found evidence of her playability but no direct DLC episode content, indicating it may just be through an update if they do in fact add gameplay/story to her.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Its possible, but I have a feeling they will be releasing slower than that. Its the same director and team working on all 4 now (the Episode Ignis team, which is awesome because the story/gameplay was the best in that one), so I have a feeling that while Ardyn is almost done, the others are still going to be in development for a while each.

My personal belief:

1. Episode Ardyn: Q2 2018
1.5 "Episode Luna" by the free update team (not as big as Ardyn, but a significant feature. See my point below for why I think this): Also Q2 2018
2. DLC 2: Q3-Q4 2018
3. DLC 3: Q1-2 2019
4. DLC 4: Q2-3 2019

I think it will be faster than the above, but with 1 team working on all 4 and one free update team, content should be taking longer than it did last year. A different director did each DLC.

Also, on the Luna point, the way Tabata addresses Episode Luna (and talks about it as if it is an almost separate entity to the 4 DLC episodes) makes me believe it will be. In the Dangeki interview he said something along the lines of "There will be 4 DLC to "complete" FFXV. There may also be an Episode Luna as well. He talks about it like it is separate from those 4, and that gets me excited. He also talks about how the next DLC will be "happy" or "making the player smile" , which I CANNOT see Episode Ardyn being happy at all, nor that making any sense. Also, several of us in the datamine found evidence of her playability but no direct DLC episode content, indicating it may just be through an update if they do in fact add gameplay/story to her.

Just my two cents.
Let's not forget about "EPR" that was in the data, I am curious about that.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Let's not forget about "EPR" that was in the data, I am curious about that.
If it is Ravus or Regis, then it'll likely be the DLC 2 I'm sure. The only thing I hope from these DLC are being more incorporated into the actual story, rather than being separate. I don't mind the character episode format, but we'll see how they go about it. Hopefully the Ardyn trailer will give us an idea when it comes out, since it is supposed to pioneer that concept.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
That's not good, their target was 2 million. Looks like they will need some heavy discounts to get close to that.
It is good, PC sales work different than console sales, they sell over time and alway get boosts because of things like Steam sales, and not the bulk of it just at release with minimal growth afterwards before plateauing. Their 2m target was for lifetime sales, not launch sales.

You think FF13 hit 700k in 4 years on Steam by being at full price? Nah son.