Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I find the idea of Episode: Noctis interesting, but I'm more interested about Episodes: Ardyn, Lunafreya, and Aranea, thank you Square E xi for Ardyn and Aranea.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
The team already said they're not overwriting the main ending, we know for certain now, I am curious about this 'alternate grand finale', I must say, but we'll see. I'm excited about Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes, and I am curious about Lunafreya's Episode.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
The way they worded the DLC makes me think maybe Episode Noctis will in some way resemble Versus, and I'm not one of the people on here begging for them to make that a thing. But with how things are shaping up I wouldn't be surprised if him "parting ways with the astrals" takes place in the crystal and alters the ending in some way. Almost makes me think that quick art splash of everyone together will be an additional afterlife scene tagged on to the end of the base game if you complete Episode Noctis.

All in all they could have made better choices for the DLC but I'm intrigued. Mods look like what I was expecting and I'm hyped for the new comrades bosses.

EDIT: But oof @ 2019 release for the DLC. 2018 is going to be a loooooong year.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
3 of the 4 DLCs sound great. I like how they are going to use Aranea to expand on the Empire, its fall and hopefully/probably Niflheim territory. Thumbs up.

I'm extremely disappointed about the fact that they are going to waste resources on an entire DLC focusing on an alternate ending. I'm also surprised at them portraying it as "fan demand". Who the hell has been asking for a happy ending?

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Summary:

2018:
Comrades Updates (summer events and boss raids, comrades will be standalone game)
Modding Tools (lavel editor, weapon editor, make quests, pilots mechs, mini games like golfing, etc)

2019:
Episode Ardyn
Episode Aranea (more on the Niffs with her story)
Episode Luna
Episode Noctis (alternate endings)

New Collab:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

New Art:

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Episode Ardyn
Episode Aranea (more on the Niffs with her story)
Episode Luna
Episode Noctis (alternate endings)
i don't get it, only Ep Noctis will focus on alternate endings?

So only the last dlc is an alt ending? If so that's better news, I really have zero desire to play 4 dlcs with alt story lines.
the dlcs will tell canon stories (ardyns past and the daemon outbreak in gralea), but some of the content will be focused on this grand alternate ending; they would be killing any chance to sell if it was totally non-canon

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018

the dlcs will tell canon stories (ardyns past and the daemon outbreak in gralea), but some of the content will be focused on this grand alternate ending
From what i understand only Ep Noctis has an alternative Ending and according to the new DLC map and descriptions looks like that is the case.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
And these collaborations are just marketing crap. They say they're listening to the fans, but I've never seen anyone say they want more collaborations. What you do hear alot though is that they want the base game expanded upon.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017

the dlcs will tell canon stories (ardyns past and the daemon outbreak in gralea), but some of the content will be focused on this grand alternate ending; they would be killing any chance to sell if it was totally non-canon
What, it's all 4 of them? That would be worst possible decision ever.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
The wording was very confusing for the DLC as a whole (probably intentionally, to keep things vague) but at first it seemed like the entirety of the new DLC would be focused on alternative endings. Then Ardyn's and Aranea's said otherwise, while Luna is debateable and Noct's 100% is. Makes me wonder if even the canon story elements from the first 3 build up the events of the alt. ending in Episode Noctis.