Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
i think Ep Ignis alternate verse was more popular than what they expected, and they saw an opportunity to explore the characters beyond the story which is already "fixed".

or something
Yeah I keep seeing posts here and elsewhere saying "who asked for alternate endings" and idk what sites ya'll visit regularly but I was constantly barraged on all of my feeds with posts that Episode Ignis verse 2 was "their canon ending" when it came out. That shit was huge, even if the hype has died a little since.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I'll be fair and give them a chance to surprise me. Alternate endings piss me off, but maybe they'll handle it really well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
at least Ep Ignis director is in charge, i think we'll see a more consistent quality in story-telling compared to the first dlcs.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
God another alternate ending. I feel like the game would have had way more replay value if they did in game expansions. Also that comrades thing is confusing. Like, If it becomes a stand alone game does that mean we have to repurchase it? I think this was their way of getting around loading times.
Mostly a way to sell it to people who play multiplayer games but don't want to buy FFXV base game + DLC. There's a market for that, it's not for those of us who currently own the game + DLC.

EDIT: On second thought Tomb Raider could be interesting because this game does specifically feature some "tombs" .....

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
God another alternate ending. I feel like the game would have had way more replay value if they did in game expansions. Also that comrades thing is confusing. Like, If it becomes a stand alone game does that mean we have to repurchase it? I think this was their way of getting around loading times.
I think it will work like The Last of Us Left Behind DLC that became standalone after some time, but who knows how they will handle it.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Yeah I keep seeing posts here and elsewhere saying "who asked for alternate endings" and idk what sites ya'll visit regularly but I was constantly barraged on all of my feeds with posts that Episode Ignis verse 2 was "their canon ending" when it came out. That shit was huge, even if the hype has died a little since.
Ep Ignis alternate ending didn't make any sense and was pure fan service. The whole prophecies given by a god was that there had to be a necessary sacrifice in order to expunge all of the star scourge, not just Ardyn.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Ep Ignis alternate ending didn't make any sense and was pure fan service. The whole prophecies given by a god was that there had to be a necessary sacrifice in order to expunge all of the star scourge, not just Ardyn.
Though I'm happy for those who enjoy it, I do agree. Just saying alot of people liked it so the demand IS there, it's not bullshit from the devs.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
After this announcement they have risen the bar for what I want in their next AAA games post launch support. (KH3 you better not dissapoint in that)
The only reason why they are doing this is because of FFVII's production schedule. Since it's likely that FFVII will be out at the end of 2019 early 2020 and Tabata stated that there will not be a sequel/prequel to FFXV they are being cost effective.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
going by the text description of Ep Luna, it seems it will be after her death, which lines up with the datamine (you were suppose to control ghost luna).

"story about Luna's fate, that not even death can free her from"
Noooo, I was excited about ep. Luna until you pointed this out u_u That means her death will never get the proper set-up it deserves.