Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
on the positive side of things, we'll receive two new (female) characters that probably will be integrated into the base game (which would bring the total number of controllable members to 6).

and hopefully Luna will work like suggested in the datamine, with summonable Bahamut even.
I was actually going to point out how they only said Ardyn will be playable, and I guess implied Aranea (at last) to be playable. They didn't say anything about Noct/Luna DLCs being playable - so a part of me is hoping those will be cutscenes and character development only.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
>stated they're done with episodes and want to expand the core game
>announced 4 episodes

wut
... now that I think about it... you're right.

What happened there?

i wish Ep Noctis was about his injury and his relationship with his father
Yeah it looks like the father son theme got scrapped entirely.

I will be OK with their idea so long as the episodes DO HAVE MORE THAN ONE ending (canon ending respects the current state of the story and a second ending that MAKES CLEAR its an alternative)
No matter how clear they attempt to make it, there will be a huge number of people who will deny that the main ending exists and that the alternative ones will be canon.

This is what I meant by the main ending, which was phenomenal, being severely undermined. It's sad because it's the development team's own doing by introducing this alternative stuff to begin with =(

Thank you very much! @Somber

Feb 19, 2018
While I can't say anything about Noct's episode since that does seem entirely alternative I think people are jumping the gun thinking Luna's is the same. I think it's best to wait for further clarification before we lose our minds over speculation based on a really confusing 2 sentence descriptor in a power point presentation. For all we know they all have canon paths and Verse 2 paths. So once we have enough info then we can give the devs proper feedback. Right now a lot of people are getting upset over things they barely know about.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
While I can't say anything about Noct's episode since that does seem entirely alternative I think people are jumping the gun thinking Luna's is the same. I think it's best to wait for further clarification before we lose our minds over speculation based on a really confusing 2 sentence descriptor in a power point presentation. For all we know they all have canon paths and Verse 2 paths. So once we have enough info then we can give the devs proper feedback. Right now a lot of people are getting upset over things they barely know about.
I think people are upset about what the main focus of each DLC is more than anything.

Episode Ardyn was already eagerly anticipated. The other 3 came outta nowhere, and I'm under the impression people would've preferred for the episodes to have focused on something else entirely, like integrations for the core game, not separate episodes (which they said they weren't going to do strangely enough)

P.S. The PAX West FFXV Concert is fucking amazing so far. Goddamn.

Best live concert for the music for this game thus far. Crisp, clear, sound, and is a joy to listen to. Electric guitar and the choir are so amazing.

P.S.S. That chocobo segment was so cool. That electric guitar is fire! The violin and electric guitar "battle" was so... words can't describe how awesome that was.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Don't know why some people are upset about this

They are giving gamers who want a happy ending an option to change their fates
As I've said with Episode Ignis I'm very happy for those who wished for a happier ending and it is just an option, not a rewrite, but at the end of the day the resources being spent on tacking on additional shit instead of fleshing out the game for the last DLC we'll be receiving feels like such a waste.

EDIT: Also FFXV's DLC falls very much into the anime/manga trope of forgetting plot points when it's convenient for the story as it gets long in the tooth. There's stuff in both Comrades and Episode Ignis that doesn't necessarily break canon, but kind of ruins scenes from the main game. I feel like portraying the upcoming DLC as "alternative" kind of circumvents the possibility of them falling into that again.

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018

And they gave gamers who couldn't handle Luna being bitch slapped as a kid the attention to cut her character out of the game. That's the issue, they can't stick to their vision/story and instaead cater to random demographics about their stupid little complaints. If they can't handle drama, then they can't handle life in general, and should go play Mario.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Therein lies the problem. They're bending over and letting fans dictate what they're creating.

It's their game. They should be deciding the content, not the fans. It's their story, yet they're handing the reigns over to popular fan ideas.

Not to mention any time spent away from the canon story line is a waste of time and resources.

They can't stick to their vision, their story, and are catering to people who can't deal with a game that has tragedy elements in it.

It depends on mindset and preferences too. I've always been a focused person who doesn't like wasting time on unnecessary things. Prioritise, identify the important things first, and do those well. Everything else is secondary.I look at this game sometimes, and I see a lot of waste on unnecessary things.

Case in point, I look at anything alternative for this game, and I see a team of people putting their efforts into all the wrong things, for the wrong reasons.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
You do realize they literally said during the Panel that the main game ending is the actual ending, and that the alternate endings are not replacing or overwriting the main game ending, right?

Episode Ardyn is taking place in the past as a prequel story. Episode Aranea is taking place during Niflheims fall as a side story. Both of those are established main timeline stories.

Ep Luna also says it's about her fate which she can't be freed from even in death, which may have an alt ending like Ep Ignis did, and Noctis's one is the only that seems mainly made for alt ending stuff but also sounds like it could be expanding on Noctis's final journey.

Noctis and Luna succuming to their destiny has been a key motif in the game since the beginning, and as such even something like them turning against their destiny is still in line with the motif of what their destiny is. This doesn't change the vision for the game at all.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think people are upset about what the main focus of each DLC is more than anything.

Episode Ardyn was already eagerly anticipated. The other 3 came outta nowhere, and I'm under the impression people would've preferred for the episodes to have focused on something else entirely, like integrations for the core game, not separate episodes (which they said they weren't going to do strangely enough)

P.S. The PAX West FFXV Concert is fucking amazing so far. Goddamn.

Best live concert for the music for this game thus far. Crisp, clear, sound, and is a joy to listen to. Electric guitar and the choir are so amazing.

P.S.S. That chocobo segment was so cool. That electric guitar is fire! The violin and electric guitar "battle" was so... words can't describe how awesome that was.
Well Araneas may be addressing what seems to be the 2nd half of the game (I can see Gralea/Tenebrae getting expanded upon, maybe even more if it's a linear story), so that's totally welcome to me.

Luna was mentioned quite a few times, but we don't really know the context of what it will be yet, so we should hold off on it.

Noctis's is definitely the oddball though.

These could possibly be integrated into the main game depending on on how they do it. Each should be affecting the main narrative more than the other 3 did (Well save for Ignis). We just don't know how any of this s going to play out.

I will say one thing though, Square should have 100% gave us more info than 1-2 sentences per description.

How will they be incorporated? Will Ardyn's and Luna's DLC stories affect Noctis's? How long will each be? Longer than the previous?

There's just so much we don't know, and everyone is jumping the gun right now.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Well Araneas may be addressing what seems to be the 2nd half of the game (I can see Gralea/Tenebrae getting expanded upon, maybe even more if it's a linear story), so that's totally welcome to me.
i think her ep will only deal with the daemon outbreak, her 'worst day ever'; so exploration in gralea, focusing on rescuing civilians?

the invasion in tenebrae happens before or after the outbreak?

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
This might be too deep of a cut for this forum but I have this gut feeling we're gonna see Chronodia (or something similar) in Episode Noctis. If he turns against the Astrals (assuming this is because they've made sacrifices of Ardyn, Regis, and Luna and Noct wants to see those 3 happy) and in turn the crystal, I could TOTALLY see them slapping those 5/6 on the crystal like the fiends from FF1 with Etro or something replacing Chronodia's human-y form. It might not even be called Chronodia but I'm predicting we'll see something similar if Episode Noctis goes that route.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
You do realize they literally said during the Panel that the main game ending is the actual ending, and that the alternate endings are not replacing or overwriting the main game ending, right?

Episode Ardyn is taking place in the past as a prequel story. Episode Aranea is taking place during Niflheims fall as a side story. Both of those are established main timeline stories.

Ep Luna also says it's about her fate which she can't be freed from even in death, which may have an alt ending like Ep Ignis did, and Noctis's one is the only that seems mainly made for alt ending stuff but also sounds like it could be expanding on Noctis's final journey.

Noctis and Luna succuming to their destiny has been a key motif in the game since the beginning, and as such even something like them turning against their destiny is still in line with the motif of what their destiny is. This doesn't change the vision for the game at all.
No one said anything about the original ending being replaced officiall (unless you count peoples head canon)

The main argument is focusing on alternatives is a waste of time when they should be focusing on the core game.

It’s odd because they said they weren’t going to do anymore character episodes yet... now they are.

No complaints about episode Ardyn since that’s a given. Aranea at least focuses on the core game, even if it’s via a separate entity...

Noctis and Luna ones are just weird.

You can’t honestly tell me you think focusing production time into anything alternative related is a good way to spend resources?

Especially on a game where the fans have been waiting for clarifications for specific parts of the story for over a year now...

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
And they gave gamers who couldn't handle Luna being bitch slapped as a kid the attention to cut her character out of the game. That's the issue, they can't stick to their vision/story and instaead cater to random demographics about their stupid little complaints. If they can't handle drama, then they can't handle life in general, and should go play Mario.
I really hate repeating myself towards poor examples so i'll leave this here:

https://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-776#post-62676

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Luna was mentioned quite a few times, but we don't really know the context of what it will be yet, so we should hold off on it.

Noctis's is definitely the oddball though.

These could possibly be integrated into the main game depending on on how they do it. Each should be affecting the main narrative more than the other 3 did (Well save for Ignis). We just don't know how any of this s going to play out.

I will say one thing though, Square should have 100% gave us more info than 1-2 sentences per description.

How will they be incorporated? Will Ardyn's and Luna's DLC stories affect Noctis's? How long will each be? Longer than the previous?

There's just so much we don't know, and everyone is jumping the gun right now.
That still doesn't answer my question of why they went the episodic route when they said they weren't going to do that anymore.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
It’s odd because they said they weren’t going to do anymore character episodes yet
They didn't say this, they said that the new DLC episodes will be more like a new series and having more to do with the foundation of the games world and expanding on locations of the game, which they are doing in Ep Ardyn and Ep Aranea, and would too in Luna and Noctis's, they said nothing about them not making new Episodes.

Luna's Episode does not sound as it is just an alternate story, just like Ignis's one isn't either, it only sounds like hers has a seperate alt end in it like Ep Ignis Verse 2 was, and things like Alt ends can in turn give more context for things never given the context in a different timeline, like Ardyn mentioning that his Brother was the founder king only in Ep Ignis, but not in the main timeline, but that doesn't make Ardyn mentioniong it in Ep Ignis a non canon thing, it just gave a new contextual situation for why he'd reveal that.

I don't know why you are acting as if them doing alt ends means they can't answer stuff people were wondering about in the main timeline portion of those DLCs.