Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Guys he was technically right. Plot hole wise, there isn't much left to explain. Not having Niflheim open, or not showing specifically what a certain character was doing arent really plot-holes. They addressed most gaps for certain things with all 3 Character DLC, Comrades and the a few free updates to the story. And it seems that Ardyn and Araneas in the least will answer a few more big questions we have for the game (Eos lore/how Lucis began/etc and more about Niflheim overall). Luna's and Nocts might do something substantial but we need more info.

I definitely agree with the sentiment, i just wanna remind everyone of the difference between what the game needs (which mostly has been addressed) to function and what we actually want.

Yes, they should be listening to us more, but I'll wait to shit on BD2 and Square until I have more info with these DLC. They could be bigger than we think, more canon than we think, more substantial to the main game than we think, or they could be the opposite and piss us off.
Don't get me wrong I'm definitely giving BD2 the benefit of doubt and am definitely trying to see the upside to all these new DLCs but at the same time I was just venting a bit of my frustrations at the severe disconnect between Square and the fanbase. I know your comment was a general one but still my bad if I sounded like I was being all doom and gloom. You're right though we gotta see how BD2 actually executes these upcoming endeavors before we prematurely lose it like how everyone was freaking out over the "missing/cut" Royal Edition content a while back and now it's a lot of people's favorite addition to FFXV after actually uncovering everything.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Right now I'm thirsty for an update, even if it's just bug fixes. At least we'll know they haven't dropped the monthly updates :(
they kinda have it already, since january didn't get an update

anyway i just watched the Ep Ignis alternate verse and its a shame they spend those minutes of cutscenes (and high-quality ones at that) with this, those minutes could have been used to flesh-out regis and noctis relationship or something like that lol

all the dlcs should be 100% canon (unless its an omen recreation :x)

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
You guys get excited and seriously think that they'll give us whole cities.... -_- as much as I'd love to, that ain't Witcher and with all previous dlcs being rather...very short I don't expect them to put so much effort, only expand a bit on things that are already there or create something small/simple :( I'd love them to announce that those DLCs are going to be longer and bigger....they would have my money -_-
ps the amount of dlcs this game gets is ridiculous :v I don't mind but playing vanilla version must suck, and all of that cost money -_-

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
they kinda have it already, since january didn't get an update

anyway i just watched the Ep Ignis alternate verse and its a shame they spend those minutes of cutscenes (and high-quality ones at that) with this, those minutes could have been used to flesh-out regis and noctis relationship or something like that lol

all the dlcs should be 100% canon (unless its an omen recreation :x)
Technically January's got delayed to the 1st of Feb when it was supposed to come out in the 30th. And I'm sure we weren't supposed to get an actually Feb update because the Royal Pack update was the beginning of March.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
And playable Kingsglaive would be sooo coool, but it would take so much effort that I doubt they will ever do it. You guys think that they will give us anything more after those 4 dlcs? I have this feeling that they're making theminto 2019 because vii remake takes too long and they need $$

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
You guys get excited and seriously think that they'll give us whole cities.... -_- as much as I'd love to, that ain't Witcher and with all previous dlcs being rather...very short I don't expect them to put so much effort, only expand a bit on things that are already there or create something small/simple :( I'd love them to announce that those DLCs are going to be longer and bigger....they would have my money -_-
ps the amount of dlcs this game gets is ridiculous :v I don't mind but playing vanilla version must suck, and all of that cost money -_-
You have to understand, this is a very niche website for FFXV. Most of us here are fans who want to see as much of the game complete as possible, no matter the cost, no matter the integrity square has for doing the DLC. Many of us here waited 10+ years for the game so we will keep supporting it until they say they are done:/

On your point though. Of course. All of the episodes do have an opportunity to be small open worlds though. Prompto and ignis had them. That is the size most of us probably expect, perhaps a bit bigger. More scenery in the game is what many of us want.

And playable Kingsglaive would be sooo coool, but it would take so much effort that I doubt they will ever do it. You guys think that they will give us anything more after those 4 dlcs? I have this feeling that they're making theminto 2019 because vii remake takes too long and they need $$
I think it's as possible as the Royal Pack was. We never got any information until it's trailer. It was a complete surprise. They could have more, but just aren't saying anything until they do a final version of the game. Who knows. Check back next year XD

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I mean we gotta give BD2 more credit than that. Episode Ignis' version of Altissia was pretty big for a $5 DLC and packed quite a bit of story in it and each of the 3 Bro Episodes has been set in new locations that were decently lengthy and detailed. That was all on a strict month by month basis too. I definitely think we'll get a lot of new locations among other things like varying gameplay styles in these upcoming Episodes too. BD2 isn't lazy just a bit disconnected from fan feedback.

Edit: They've also already said that these new episodes for the most part will be larger and more developed in scope. I wouldn't be surprised if they're around $10 each for twice the content value. I could see Aranea's being $5 though as it's being marketed as a side story but considering $5 got us Episode Ignis that isn't bad at all.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
You have to understand, this is a very niche website for FFXV. Most of us here are fans who want to see as much of the game complete as possible, no matter the cost, no matter the integrity square has for doing the DLC. Many of us here waited 10+ years for the game so we will keep supporting it until they say they are done:/

On your point though. Of course. All if the episodes do have an opportunity to be small open worlds though. Prompto and ignis had them. That is the size most if are looking for, perhaps a bit bigger. More scenery in the game is what many of us want.

I think it's as possible as the Royal Pack was. We never got any information until it's trailer. It was a complete surprise. They could have more, but just aren't saying anything until they do a final version of the game. Who knows. Check back next year XD
>wait for game 10 years >when it finally comes out they are finishing it next 4 years >it's year 2026 and 20 years of ff xv anniversary the final dlc is finally here >they are making versus
I think that you misunderstood me. I'd love to see as much FF XV content as I could with amazing new DLCs, expanded maps, story, playable kingsglaive etc and i will probably buy everything that they will offer next year, but it's just me being realistic T_T they will probably use insomnia again for luna and noctis, for ardyn..ygh i hope not insomnia again...and for aranea probably a bit of tenebrae and a bit of nifilheim. If you get too excited the only thing waiting is disappointment. :( so as much as I love speculating, rumors etc I feel like in the end I will be horribly wrong and sad x'D

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
For people who keep saying an Insomnia prologue or adaptation of Kingsglaive’s main plot-points are “unnecessary” whenever someone comments that they would like that to be shown in-game, here’s a simplified version of XV’s plot following the basic structure of storytelling:

FFXV Story Structure.png
It’s not –by and large- because Insomnia “looked cool in the old trailers”. It’s because both the exposition and inciting incident are key parts in good storytelling, setting-up plot points, world-building and character motivations. Even if people aren’t aware of this basic storytelling structure, this is exactly what they are alluding to when they say things like:

“I wish we could have seen Insomnia pre-invasion so we could have had a strong emotional connection when we visit its ruins”.
“Why do we find out about the invasion in a newspaper? It would be so much powerful to actually see it in-game”.
“Wait, what Crystal? What ring?” (In the case of people who aren’t as involved in the FF community as we are).

It may not be a “plot hole” per-se, but rather, a storytelling hole.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
For people who keep saying an Insomnia prologue or adaptation of Kingsglaive’s main plot-points are “unnecessary” whenever someone comments that they would like that to be shown in-game, here’s a simplified version of XV’s plot following the basic structure of storytelling:

View attachment 979
It’s not –by and large- because Insomnia “looked cool in the old trailers”. It’s because both the exposition and inciting incident are key parts in good storytelling, setting-up plot points, world-building and character motivations. Even if people aren’t aware of this basic storytelling structure, this is exactly what they are alluding to when they say things like:

“I wish we could have seen Insomnia pre-invasion so we could have had a strong emotional connection when we visit its ruins”.
“Why do we find out about the invasion in a newspaper? It would be so much powerful to actually see it in-game”.
“Wait, what Crystal? What ring?” (In the case of people who aren’t as involved in the FF community as we are).

It may not be a “plot hole” per-se, but rather, a storytelling hole.
I don't think a prologue is unnecessary, not by a long shot, but I do think having a prequel story with Regis is, unless it has to do with his battle against Glauca in Tenebrae. Anything set before the main games story needs to be tied in with an actual game.

But fuck yea I'd pay good money to have a relaxing 1-2 hour prologue. God damn, just adapt parting ways into a playable hour chapter.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i agree with us the players needing an emotional connection with insomnia, thats the same issue that plagued FFXIII, the characters were compelled to save cocoon but we the players barely had the chance to KNOW that world.

about finding out the invasion via newspaper, thats not the entire segment since they actually go to check in.

and yeah the Crystal's importance was barely explained in the beginning of the game, just in the movie.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
one day somebody at square said "hey let us delete already existing and emotional cutscenes from game in which boys actually see beginning of the invasion and meet with cor and replace it with reading about it from newspaper yeah" and then somebody else fucking agreed Kappa
Noctis and the bros not being there during the invasion was their first questionable storytelling choice. It's not what I would consider best for engaging storytelling, but I can let it slide.

But, in addition to that, deciding not to show the fall of Insomnia in-game, was just adding insult to injury.