Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
maybe, but on Ep Ignis verse 2,
Ignis doesnt end up blind either, the crystal or luna healed his injury after he used the ring; and its possible this alternate ending will tie in with the other one they are making
Likely, but,

Luna is present in the flesh on the art too, despite that EP. Ignis' alt route not changing her role in death prior to the route choice regardless of her status connected to the crystal. But EP. Ignis Verse 2 is so ambiguous as is, so for now i'll count what i mentioned as a potential art error between either one or both of the bros.

Feb 19, 2018
an all happy ending is already tonally the opposite of everything the main game built and its theme

- willingness to sacrifice, loss, tragedy, duty, obedience...

then in the picture everyone is alive and not even Ignis is blind anymore

this alternate experiment is already wrong in many levels, it feels like a bad afterthought
I wouldn't say a happy ending in and of itself would defeat the themes you mentioned. Like @Lord_Ham_Mork has said, and I agree with him, if the happy ending requires some sort of sacrifice or has some other unforeseen consequence they could always make it so while it may be happy it could still have a tragic or even selfish side to it. Maybe by abandoning the Astrals and the crystal all magic is erased from Lucis and should something like the Starscourge come back they have no way of fighting it, maybe they could implement time travel in a more meaningful way where the Noct we all know and love still has to lay down his life by traveling back to the past as a means of trying to fix things at their root and we end up with happy Noctis but he isn't our Noctis in the end, or maybe killing the Astrals threw the world into a sort of chaotic state much like Shiva's death made Niflheim into frozen tundra. Still a lot we don't know about how this happy ending will actually be implemented.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Wow. That's spectacular. Why couldn't this be in the game as Bahamut's Revelation?
probably because they didn't have time to make him into a proper boss fight before comrades, or because it wouldnt make sense lore-wise for the astral more linked to the royal family to give you a trial.

would be amazing if you could break into angelgard and fight/talk to him in the arena just to get the possibility to summon him anywhere tho

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
an all happy ending is already tonally the opposite of everything the main game built and its theme

- willingness to sacrifice, loss, tragedy, duty, obedience...

then in the picture everyone is alive and not even Ignis is blind anymore

this alternate experiment is already wrong in many levels, it feels like a bad afterthought

Well, even focusing on something tonally opposite can work under the right circumstances.

If the point of the perfect ending is its sheer impossibility, then the tonal juxtaposition would actually serve the tragedy of the canon ending. If Ardyn seeks redemption through obedience to his original calling, everyone can be happy... but he either can't or won't. The canon ending becomes an exercise of doing the best one can under less-than-ideal circumstances.

And even within that ideal ending, it's possible to require sacrifice and significant risk to bring about the best solution.

Tradeoffs are another option, of course, but that doesn't sound like what the devs are talking about. And so, impossibility it is.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Well, even focusing on something tonally opposite can work under the right circumstances.

If the point of the perfect ending is its sheer impossibility, then the tonal juxtaposition would actually serve the tragedy of the canon ending. If Ardyn seeks redemption through obedience to his original calling, everyone can be happy... but he either can't or won't. The canon ending becomes an exercise of doing the best one can under less-than-ideal circumstances.

And even within that ideal ending, it's possible to require sacrifice and significant risk to bring about the best solution.

Tradeoffs are another option, of course, but that doesn't sound like what the devs are talking about. And so, impossibility it is.
it would definitely be better this way

changing the subject a bit

the regal uniform Noctis is wearing at the wedding is actually in the game and can be equipped.

(0:34) minor spoilers from one of the last bosses

i thought since it was cg there wouldnt be a model floating around: https://pre00.deviantart.net/8941/t...noctis_ending_xnalara_by_xelandis-dc4hbgd.jpg

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018

Bahamuth: Hey, Ardyn. Look at what will happen if you use your powers to get rid of the Starcouge: You will live happily ever after with your greatsons in a happy place where a fatass will cook you the best best meals ever seen.
Ardyn: Deal!
Bahamuth: Jah! Get duuuuuuunked! Now stay quiet during 2000 years of agony while i rise your descendance teaching them how to get rid of you.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Apr 13, 2018
Hello guys, new member here.

Just a little feedback from me for BD2 :

- Add more magic variations to the main game.

- Change the summoning mechanics and make Bahamut summonable.
*Unique acc or weapon to equip in order to call each of the summon with extra skill like magic, example :
> Mace or Shield for TITAN with extra Quake or Magnitude magic.
> Staff for RAMUH with extra Tornado/Typhoon and Aeroga magic.
> Lance/Spear for LEVIATHAN with extra Waterga or Bioga or Poisonga magic.
> Rod for SHIVA or we can cast a Freeze magic in order to summon her.
> Twin Daggers for IFRIT but this time Flare magic, and the last
> Sword or Greatsword for BAHAMUT with extra Ultima, Graviga, and Banishga magic.

- Replace the same model/replicas weapon designs with brand new or unused design that is not in the game.

- As for Episode Ardyn which will include The Astral War, maybe add a small portion of musou type gameplay where we can play as one of the Astrals (ex : Bahamut) and we can wreak havoc and hack slash the daemons, lol.

- Keep the alternate reality or alternate chapter to a minimum, keep the canonical direction as the main focus.

- More significant story and screen time for the one and only our beautiful lady Lunafreya!

- Add option to the ascension grid to change our party or to remove the party. (Always wanted to play with Luna as the only party member, super extra sweet Noctis Luna moment, lol)

- HARD Mode of course!!!

- If possible, PLEASE fix the english subs translation so it can perfectly match the Japanese dub...

That's all for now. Thanksss~ :')

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018

Managed to get the debug menu into my steam copy, got a video of me testing out Bahamut in Insomnia.

There's a few enemies missing (Ifrit, Ravus, some of the other bosses) and while the Comrades enemies are there I couldn't find the other DLC enemies. But surprisingly you CAN call the Kings of Yore. From what I can tell though they're unbeatable, because after you switch to one of the bros when their HP drops low enough the cutscene is unable to trigger.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
One thing i have to admit, is the golf minigame looks really promising.
I hope it's not exclusive for the Windows Edition. It's the type of activity that can makes us interact more with the scenario.
I like to imagine Noctis teleporting to where the ball is launched to make the pacing faster.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Bahamuth: Hey, Ardyn. Look at what will happen if you use your powers to get rid of the Starcouge: You will live happily ever after with your greatsons in a happy place where a fatass will cook you the best best meals ever seen.
Ardyn: Deal!
Bahamuth: Jah! Get duuuuuuunked! Now stay quiet during 2000 years of agony while i rise your descendance teaching them how to get rid of you.
Well, obviously it wouldn't make sense if Ardyn knew that he'd get a happy ending too. The idea is that he'd have to be willing to obey the call to sacrifice in order to merit the reward of the ideal ending. =P

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Well, obviously it wouldn't make sense if Ardyn knew that he'd get a happy ending too. The idea is that he'd have to be willing to obey the call to sacrifice in order to merit the reward of the ideal ending. =P
or they'll just rebel against the gods and crystal and be able to overcome the starscourge anyway because reasons since the lore is whatever in the alternate reality, that could happen lol