Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
The hair graphics, water effects, interior details, particles, reflective object surfaces, clothing details (textures), and sunrise/sunset time of day were all objectively worse in the final build. I went back and checked this for comparison purposes recently. Small shit like insects gathering around light sources at night in Duscae were removed, too (in additional to other small details making the world feel less alive)

Feb 18, 2018
Didn't realize how pretty Gralea was until I messed around with the debug menu, hope we'll explore some of it with Episode Aranea

Also please give us a pre-invasion Insomnia ;_;

The hair graphics, water effects, interior details, particles, reflective object surfaces, clothing details (textures), and sunrise/sunset time of day were all objectively worse in the final build. I went back and checked this for comparison purposes recently. Small shit like insects gathering around light sources at night in Duscae were removed, too (in additional to other small details making the world feel less alive)
Sure some things got removed in the final build, but lots of things have been upgraded aswell, it's part of optimizing a game.. And personally, when I went back to Ep Duscae after playing the Windows Edition, it hurt my eyes.

I very much prefer the look of this (Ansel messed up some trees for some reason lmao):

Over this:

Feb 19, 2018
So guys I tweeted at Dan Seto and apparently the team is actually still working out the details so they probably haven't finalized the story for them. I think if fans at upcoming events let them know what they want to see and give them ideas we'll be able to get the ideal DLC out of this. They're probably much more focused on actually building the assets and getting the gameplay set up at this point so if anything let them know during upcoming livestreams and other meetups how you want to see this stuff handled. I'm thinking we'll see more during E3 so that seems like our next chance to voice our opinion on social media most effectively as Square will be looking to social media platforms during events the most to gauge excitement and interest. Let em know we want more canon stuff and we don't want the alternate stuff to betray the original ending as well. If enough people throw out a certain type of suggestion they'll definitely take notice and make adjustments. It helps the devs develop more quality content when they get a larger pool of feedback to assess and the sad truth that while this is a really cool community they won't be looking to it or the other FF forums for feedback but rather the more mainstream social media platforms. So yeah just thought I'd put that out there. Tweet them if you have something to say around the next time FFXV turns up at an event.

Edit: Just to clarify so no one misunderstands he only confirmed that the new DLCs are not finalized yet and the devs teams is still figuring things out. The rest is just my input. I've made amends to my original comment so that it reflects that better. Also I'm not saying that we'll get entirely new DLC out of this but we could get the best version of the stuff they've already planned out so I'm not saying they'll repurpose Episode Noctis completely into an Insomnia prologue or anything wild like that but they could easily make changes to make it fit with the original ending in a way that could please a majority of people.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So guys I tweeted at Dan Seto and apparently the team is actually still working out the story details and they haven't finalized the story for them. I think if fans at upcoming events let them know what they want to see and give them ideas we'll be able to get the ideal DLC out of this. They're probably much more focused on actually building the assets and getting the gameplay set up at this point so if anything let them know during upcoming livestreams and other meetups how you want to see this stuff handled. I'm thinking we'll see more during E3 so that seems like our next chance to voice our opinion on social media most effectively as Square will be looking to social media platforms during events the most to gauge excitement and interest. Let em know we want more canon stuff and we don't want the alternate stuff to betray the original ending as well. If enough people throw out a certain type of suggestion they'll definitely take notice and make adjustments. It helps the devs develop more quality content when they get a larger pool of feedback to assess and the sad truth that while this is a really cool community they won't be looking to it or the other FF forums for feedback but rather the more mainstream social media platforms. So yeah just thought I'd put that out there. Tweet them if you have something to say around the next time FFXV turns up at an event.
that's great to hear

hopefully they wont exclude a good chuck of players by making the 2 last dlcs totally alternative, and hopefully they manage to include some of the requests.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
So guys I tweeted at Dan Seto and apparently the team is actually still working out the story details and they haven't finalized the story for them. I think if fans at upcoming events let them know what they want to see and give them ideas we'll be able to get the ideal DLC out of this. They're probably much more focused on actually building the assets and getting the gameplay set up at this point so if anything let them know during upcoming livestreams and other meetups how you want to see this stuff handled. I'm thinking we'll see more during E3 so that seems like our next chance to voice our opinion on social media most effectively as Square will be looking to social media platforms during events the most to gauge excitement and interest. Let em know we want more canon stuff and we don't want the alternate stuff to betray the original ending as well. If enough people throw out a certain type of suggestion they'll definitely take notice and make adjustments. It helps the devs develop more quality content when they get a larger pool of feedback to assess and the sad truth that while this is a really cool community they won't be looking to it or the other FF forums for feedback but rather the more mainstream social media platforms. So yeah just thought I'd put that out there. Tweet them if you have something to say around the next time FFXV turns up at an event.
Nice, can I see the tweet?

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
We are talking about the same retail final build, right?
Yes, we are. And all my points still stand. It's not a fair comparison, of course the final game's environments will be more populated and "complete" - Duscae was just an un-finished demo. But if you isolate the areas I specifically mentioned, then you will see that those particular aspects are to this day superior in the demo version.

Sure some things got removed in the final build, but lots of things have been upgraded aswell, it's part of optimizing a game.. I very much prefer the look of this
Again, my point stands. It's not an apple to apple comparison when you pull out the windows edition, which 90% of the people who bought the game can't run. But as I stated to the previous person, if you isolate what I specified from both versions, and compare them on the PS4, EP Duscae looks better in those areas. At the end of the day, certain aspects of the demo to this day look better on my PS4 when I play it by comparison to the final version which I also own on PS4.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
So guys I tweeted at Dan Seto and apparently the team is actually still working out the details so they probably haven't finalized the story for them. I think if fans at upcoming events let them know what they want to see and give them ideas we'll be able to get the ideal DLC out of this.
Welp, we all better crowdfund for a plane ticket to send one of us here to the next FFXV event to convey constructive feedback to the dev team. Otherwise the casual fans of XV will just ask for more Luna-Noctis dates and a Disney ending.

Dio

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 18, 2018
I know its probably too late for this, but do you guys think there should have been another survey for next year's DLC? I feel that if they did another survey after the release of the first season of DLC and the Royal Pack, the dev team would have had a better idea as to what story points, characters, and parts of the games fans would want to see.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I know its probably too late for this, but do you guys think there should have been another survey for next year's DLC? I feel that if they did another survey after the release of the first season of DLC and the Royal Pack, the dev team would have had a better idea as to what story points, characters, and parts of the games fans would want to see.
a part of me think they've already done enough surveys, but another would welcome it for sure

at this point since they decided the next batch of dlcs i don't expect them to make another one tho

edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/8c7fj5
crystal can be a hell of a drug

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I think the whole second season of DLC is a mistake. They had two jobs

Job 1: fix the complaints about the game: they addressed the on-rails driving, they addressed the plot holes, they addressed the whole party being playable, and finally they addressed the rather small Insomnia map size.

Job 2: they conducted the survey and were supposed to respond to it.

A such, all that was left to fix was to open up the 2nd half of the game (to address the sudden linearity complaint), and to deliver the most voted DLC based on the fan feedback (EP Ardyn). So I think these two pieces of DLC were all they needed to create for 2018. But this new second season pass will just create more work for them and open up a whole new can of worms.

Dio

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 18, 2018

Job 1: fix the complaints about the game: they addressed the on-rails driving, they addressed the plot holes, they addressed the whole party being playable, and finally they addressed the rather small Insomnia map size.

A such, all that was left to fix was to open up the 2nd half of the game (to address the sudden linearity complaint), and to deliver the most voted DLC based on the fan feedback (EP Ardyn). So I think these two pieces of DLC were all they needed to create for 2018. But this new second season pass will just create more work for them and open up a whole new can of worms.
Yea I agree, its just that if they actually let us knew that they were willing to do DLC that actually improved the base game (royal pack) instead of character episodes, I feel more people would have asked for in game expansions as DLC instead of Episode Luna, Episode Aranea, etc.

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018

If they don't handle the new DLC story with caution and all these things about alternative timelines, they can create more questions than answers with the new DLC.