Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
I kinda suspect that her DLC will be upgraded to full size once they realize just how much content there is to tell regarding the empire. Plans along the dev cycle change, and I could very much see them realizing there is much more to show/tell in that section of the narrative.
Yeah like I said later in my post just because it's labeled as a side story doesn't really give us any info about its length. Only thing that title confirms is that it won't be feeding into the alternate grand finale. It could be just as long as the other new episodes, it could be longer, or it could be the shortest story related content we'll ever get. Won't know till we see more though judging by the fact that not only is it a year away but it's not even the first one in the new batch of Episodes it'll probably be pretty sizable.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
By the way, how much do you think will cost each new episode?! Nobody is talking about that.
I think it will be 40 bucks. They will probably add a lot of content that could have been updates so the prize can be increased, like it happened with the Royal Pack.
I also think they will release all as a pack instead of individual pices that can be obtainable as a Season Pass.

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I think it will be 40 bucks. They will probably add a lot of content that could have been updates so the prize can be increased, like it happened with the Royal Pack.
I also think they will release all as a pack instead of individual pices that can be obtainable as a Season Pass.
I doubt that it would be that much. $49 is how much FFXV Royal Edition costs now and thats over 100 hours of content. Those episodes will be max 3-4 hours a piece. It will probably cost $20 max all together.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I don't understand how SE couldn't have just implemented something like this. It doesn't seem that difficult. Though I'd like more aggressive enemies with hard mod too
especially considering the multitude of ways they could make the game harder.

a part of me think if they planned to add hard-mode they would have done before the pc release...

Feb 19, 2018
especially considering the multitude of ways they could make the game harder.

a part of me think if they planned to add hard-mode they would have done before the pc release...
It's weird cuz it was on the survey too alongside "better armiger abilities" and "more magical stats." Apparently they were able to make Armiger Unleashed and deliver on the armiger upgrades despite Tabata admitting they got little to no feedback regarding it and I'm guessing the extra spells in Comrades are the result of the magic stats option yet they were unable to throw in a simple boost in difficulty? That's strange. I actually went back and looked at that survey btw, we've actually managed to get quite a lot of what was mentioned on it and will get 3 more pieces directly related to it in 2019. Actually kinda crazy since I thought we'd get only get the top 3 options made.

Feb 19, 2018
f15survey-720x404.jpg

So looking at the survey so far we've gotten:

1) Cor's activities: Epsiode Gladio, Royal Edition

2) Line of Lucis: Royal Edition and likely more in Episode Ardyn

3) Ifrit's Betrayal: The Chapter 12 update

4) World of Ruin: Comrades

5) Noct's disappearance: Also Comrades though tbh idk what they entirely meant by this one, was it gonna show us what was happening inside the crystal? cuz WoR and Noct's disappearance are kinda the same thing or at least go hand in hand.

6) New Armiger abilities: Royal Edition (Armiger Unleashed)

7) New stat changing magic: Comrades March update (Even though most people probably wanted it in the campaign I guess it was easier to implement in Comrades from the get go rather than making adjustments to the campaign's magic system cuz of the Elemancy system. Idk just brainstorming here)

Now for what we haven't gotten yet but know we're getting from this survey:

1) Ardyn's past: Episode Ardyn (funny enough it seems we were never actually promised playable Ardyn since there's no Ardyn option in the playable characters category like there is for Luna so that means we lucked out big time that we didn't get a few simple cutscenes/slide show presentations like the Astral War or yet another external media for this like they initially implied by suggesting a movie or book)

2) Luna's activities: Episode Luna

3) Playable Luna: Episode Luna

4) Playable Aranea: Episode Aranea (seems this is also something we lucked out on as we were never promised any story with her let alone anything as substantial as the fall of Niflheim and the opportunity to see things from their perspective)

Things that we haven't gotten from it (but might, who knows?):

1) Playable character Cor

2) Playable character Iris

3) Playable character Gentianna (Honestly while I don't think she'll ever be playable I think we'll probably get her as a party member in Episode Luna unless maybe Pryna is the party member and they bring back the ninja forms as an afterlife thing for the dogs and gameplay wise a ninja type character would be a good way to cover Luna's lack of melee combat experience similar to Prompto with Aranea)

4) Hard difficulty (Honestly with how much of the survey we surprisingly managed to get into the game when you really look at it I can see hard mode easily being added in later down the line as an update since people have been asking for it a lot and it's not something that requires a terrible amount of work)

Anyways I was bored so I thought I'd whip this up and have fun. Take it as you will but yeah kinda surprising how much of the survey actually got realized in some shape or form.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
View attachment 987

So looking at the survey so far we've gotten:

1) Cor's activities: Epsiode Gladio, Royal Edition

2) Line of Lucis: Royal Edition and likely more in Episode Ardyn

3) Ifrit's Betrayal: The Chapter 12 update

4) World of Ruin: Comrades

5) Noct's disappearance: Also Comrades though tbh idk what they entirely meant by this one, was it gonna show us what was happening inside the crystal? cuz WoR and Noct's disappearance are kinda the same thing or at least go hand in hand.

6) New Armiger abilities: Royal Edition (Armiger Unleashed)

7) New stat changing magic: Comrades March update (Even though most people probably wanted it in the campaign I guess it was easier to implement in Comrades from the get go rather than making adjustments to the campaign's magic system cuz of the Elemancy system. Idk just brainstorming here)

Now for what we haven't gotten but know we're getting from this survey:

1) Ardyn's past: Episode Ardyn (funny enough it seems we were never actually promised playable Ardyn since there's no Ardyn option in the playable characters category like there is for Luna so that means we lucked out big time that we didn't get a few simple cutscenes/slide show presentations like the Astral War or yet another external media for this like they initially implied by suggesting a movie or book)

2) Luna's activities: Episode Luna

3) Playable Luna: Episode Luna

4) Playable Aranea: Episode Aranea (seems this is also something we lucked out on as we were never promised any story with her let alone anything as substantial as the fall of Niflheim and the opportunity to see things from their perspective)

Things that we haven't gotten from it (but might, who knows?):

1) Playable character Cor

2) Playable character Iris

3) Playable character Gentianna (Honestly while I don't think she'll ever be playable I think we'll probably get her as a party member in Episode Luna unless maybe Pryna is the party member and they bring back the ninja forms as an afterlife thing for the dogs and gameplay wise a ninja type character would be a good way to cover Luna's lack of melee combat experience similar to Prompto with Aranea)

4) Hard difficulty (Honestly with how much of the survey we surprisingly managed to get into the game when you really look at it I can see hard mode easily being added in later down the line as an update since people have been asking for it a lot and it's not something that requires a terrible amount of work)

Anyways I was bored so I thought I'd whip this up and have fun. Take it as you will but yeah kinda surprising how much of the survey actually got realized in some shape or form.

I'm seriously hoping that one of the 2 comrades updates this year actually do the 10 year timeskip Iris/Aranea. They teased it several times now and even had hints to their designs existing but we haven't seen them yet.

Similar to how they gave us a playable bros mission under a "Future" section in the quest-line, just add a semi story heavy set of quests for Daemon-Slayer Iris with Aranea as her party member. It's definitely a highly requested feature and it completely fits within the idea of Comrades. Hopefully it does get implemented.

Edit: Cor's 10 year timeskip design exists already. He could also technically be a party member, if the Quest/Episode takes place before he's stationed in Insomnia.

Feb 19, 2018
I'm seriously hoping that one of the 2 comrades updates this year actually do the 10 year timeskip Iris/Aranea. They teased it several times now and even had hints to their designs existing but we haven't seen them yet.

Similar to how they gave us a playable bros mission under a "Future" section in the quest-line, just add a semi story heavy set of quests for Daemon-Slayer Iris with Aranea as her party member. It's definitely a highly requested feature and it completely fits within the idea of Comrades. Hopefully it does get implemented.

Edit: Cor's 10 year timeskip design exists already. He could also technically be a party member, if the Quest/Episode takes place before he's stationed in Insomnia.
Yeah if they want Comrades to stay relevant they're gonna have to have some more story in it and give us some more cool exclusive things like Daemon Slayer Iris who apparently trained with Cor and other cool stuff like how Aranea came to be a revered hero to the people of Lucis according to Talcott. Would be nice to see what the Bros did besides getting their asses kicked by random Glaives as well. Right now though in anime terms if the main game is the main series and the bros' episodes are like movies then Comrades is that really big pile of filler that while having some cool moments mostly just exists to take up space.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I was really surprised and felt let down that the taking of Insomnia and Ifrit's fight weren't lined up timeline-wise with the events of chapter 14 when they updated comrades so who knows maybe one of the upcoming patches will advance time to the same point as chapter 14 and could finally show the characters who're already in comrades such as Iris, Aranea, and Cor aged up.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Hey this is gonna sound crazy but in order for that artwork to come true events all the way back to Altissia would have to change. That would mean the later half of the game's story would have to be reworked... the later half of the game that everyone wants fixed instead of alt endings... hmmm

Feb 19, 2018
Hey this is gonna sound crazy but in order for that artwork to come true events all the way back to Altissia would have to change. That would mean the later half of the game's story would have to be reworked... the later half of the game that everyone wants fixed instead of alt endings... hmmm
Well not necessarily, we've seen that Noctis can use the crystal to actually heal people and Bahamut can revive people as seen with the traitorous Glaives. So with that in mind and the fact that King Noctis, who in Bahamut's own words, achieves a power greater than even that of the 6 I'd say we could easily see Noctis revive Luna who could then heal Ardyn once he's defeated. Maybe Ignis' secret plan in Verse 2 stems from him witnessing Noct actually command the crystal which tbh holds true in the original ending as well where King Noctis is powered up by the crystal's light and essentially commanding its power within himself in the final fight. The only difference is no one actually saw it happen there and thus nobody knew that was an ability Noct possessed. In Verse 2 Iggy sees just how the crystal can be utilized first hand. From what I've gathered even the Astrals answer to the crystal so maybe they won't mind Noctis defying the prophecy if the crystal itself agrees to it being that Noct is the chosen king and whatnot.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

Perhaps we could get the red sky in a future Comrades update, and have it be the sky in the main hubs for the time being until another story update to get it closer to the final phase of the World of Ruin. We did see the red sky in Comrades' credits. Also, since the Adamantoise is a raid boss in the futre Comrades update, perhaps it could help uncover why Adamantoise wasn't see from Hammerhead in Chapter 14, the mountain it emerged from was no longer there.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Well not necessarily, we've seen that Noctis can use the crystal to actually heal people and Bahamut can revive people as seen with the traitorous Glaives. So with that in mind and the fact that King Noctis, who in in Bahamut's own words, achieves a power greater than even that of the 6 I'd say we could easily see Noctis revive Luna who could then heal Ardyn once he's defeated. Maybe Ignis' secret plan in Verse 2 stems from him witnessing Noct actually command the crystal which tbh holds true in the original ending as well where King Noctis is powered up by the crystal's light and essentially commanding its power within himself in the final fight. From what I've gathered even the Astrals answer to the crystal so maybe they won't mind Noctis defying the prophecy if the crystal itself agrees to it being that Noct is the chosen king and whatnot.
What I said was definitely a crapshoot but I swear if Noctis revives Luna I will be so heated... lmao

Now I REALLY hope they're just all together in the afterlife or something

Feb 19, 2018
What I said was definitely a crapshoot but I swear if Noctis revives Luna I will be so heated... lmao

Now I REALLY hope they're just all together in the afterlife or something
Lol I feel you on that since it would kinda deflate any tension in the main game but at the moment they actually do have a decent build up to such a thing unless they completely blow it and do something that defies even the logical route they've managed to set up through canon info even before Verse 2. Right now through the canon Verse we know that King Noctis is stronger than the 6, we know he's absorbed all of the crystal's light and can thus bend it's power to his will, we know Bahamut can revive people which could certainly be within the realm of power for a Noct who is now much stronger than him, and we also know that Luna's healing has an effect on Ardyn. Only thing missing is an actual plan which Iggy was too blind to concoct in the original story and Noctis didn't blatantly go Jesus on him in that scenario either by healing his blindness. It stands to reason that maybe Iggy seeing that goes "hold up, you're telling me he can heal people? I wonder what else he can do?" *10 years of research ensues*

That's the route I'm assuming we're most likely to see them take.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Lol I feel you on that since it would kinda deflate any tension in the main game but at the moment they actually do have a decent build up to such a thing unless they completely blow it and do something that defies even the logical route they've managed to set up through canon info even before Verse 2. Right now through the canon Verse we know that King Noctis is stronger than the 6, we know he's absorbed all of the crystal's light and can thus bend it's power to his will, we know Bahamut can revive people which could certainly be within the realm of power for a Noct who is now much stronger than him, and we also know that Luna's healing has an effect on Ardyn. Only thing missing is an actual plan which Iggy was too blind to concoct in the original story and Noctis didn't blatantly go Jesus on him in that scenario either by healing his blindness. It stand to reason that maybe seeing that goes "hold up, you're telling me he can heal people? I wonder what else he can do?" *10 years of research ensues*

That's the route I'm assuming we're most likely to see them take.
My biggest problem with the idea of an alt happy ending is how much that takes away from the game's themes. I don't care if it makes logical sense in-universe for Noct to be able to revive people, it would just be a slap in the face if that was done to Luna. I'm somewhat open-minded to getting cool new additions in these new 2019 DLC but that kind of shit would kill them for me.