Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"Page not found"

You are totally awesome, thanks for your word

Mmh as regard for Episode Aranea I was wondering... Why not Loqi as a partner? Caligo is dead but I think that Loqi is still alive between the chapters 11-12 (ep. Aranea probably took place in these chapters, just before Ep. Prompto)
or maybe he dies during the optional base mission? at least thats what i thought, but the game doesnt make it clear.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
or maybe he dies during the optional base mission? at least thats what i thought, but the game doesnt make it clear.
Well, Calligo survives the optional base mission, so I'm not sure why Loqi wouldn't. Given his absence from Comrades, he probably just ended up turning into a daemon sometime later.

It still makes more sense for Aranea to have Biggs and Wedge as allies than Loqi, though.

Valeny7

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2018
Sardinia, Italy
Yeah but the optional base mission is in chapter 15 (right? I don't remember clearly) and Caligo dies in Altissia mmmh we know nothing about Loqi because he disappear from the story very soon and maybe with Ep. Aranea we get a plot twist lol however Biggs and Wedge are two.. A party of three it looks so strange but who knows

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Yeah, though he was working on putting a few things together. Not sure beyond the Bahamut one I mentioned.

Seriously? Is it that hard to look? I linked to Sylva's post history because it's more than one topic, but the exact one is this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/8qb8bl
It was even in the description of the video you linked, and this fact was mentioned in the very same video.
That content seems legit given some of the dialogue there. ARG, why couldn't this be in the vanilla release? It explains so much. *sigh* Oh well, if we lived in a perfect world.... but we don't.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Lol what's with this trend of new people coming in and showing others attitude in recent days? First the guy that attacked Bazztek right after he joined and now this guy showing NoxFleuret attitude for no reason after just joining.

Anyways judging by the fact that it's confirmed through Pocket Edition dialogue that there there are still 24 messengers and that same number pops up here in these notes as well I'm wondering if we'll get to see more of these other messengers in Episode Luna. Would be cool if the companion for her Episode was another one of her messengers rather than another character we've already seen since they've already kind of used all the viable characters they had for support options. I wanna see Episode Ardyn and Episode Luna give us new party members that relate to their personal story with Aranea's Episode maybe giving us Biggs and Wedge as party members. Maybe make Carbuncle Noct's party companion for his episode.
I think the Versus fangroup on Facebook is keeping tabs on this thread.

Regarding the other Messengers, I always figured that if they ever wanted to create a more typical FF summon system they could do it via the Messengers, there's enough slots to fill with potential summons, hell Carbuncle already technically is since he's confirmed to be a Messenger.

Grumbleman

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 28, 2018
Yeah but the optional base mission is in chapter 15 (right? I don't remember clearly) and Caligo dies in Altissia mmmh we know nothing about Loqi because he disappear from the story very soon and maybe with Ep. Aranea we get a plot twist lol however Biggs and Wedge are two.. A party of three it looks so strange but who knows
I'm sure the optional base mission can trigger in chapter 8, which is a better place for it to occur. Should have been part of the main scenario as a good 'climax' in Lucis before the bros leave for Altissia.

We only found out what happened to Caligo in Ep Ignis so maybe Loqi's fate will be shown in Ep Aranea.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
The phrasing for the entries for Loqi, Calligo sound like it was only their Magitek Armor that was destroyed, that they fled and that Loqi has multiple sets of Magitek Armor for himself specifically.

There is also the red one at Tenebrae which could be one of Loqi's, but at the same time Biggs and Wedge were in Gralea at the same time. Though, they did somehow end up at the Vesperpool again 6 months after Chapter 13 when you include the Comrades stuff.

Also, Dorothy95 I sent Sylva a message earlier and he just responded a few minutes ago. He said that he has a few other prompt-based cutscenes he might look into that relate to some of the old Japanese only content he's located. Though, he may end up waiting on it as he's said that he's not sure if it's old content or something to be used/reused if it's old for the newer DLC. I think he'll probably make another topic sooner or later, since he did ask me to rewrite something for him earlier as he doesn't really know how to use descriptive terms.

Honestly, I think he and some of the others from the Reddit discord are mainly waiting around to see if there's anything recycled. I know one of the Reddit mods actually did do stuff like making Ignis with his hair down work before they released it in an update, the mod was pretty upset about wasting time or something.

That content seems legit given some of the dialogue there. ARG, why couldn't this be in the vanilla release? It explains so much. *sigh* Oh well, if we lived in a perfect world.... but we don't.
I know it is legit, because Sylva has also previously detailed how to pull things from the game, part of that was what led to the datamining topic and he has also sent things to me in advance. I do help Sylva with his English, and sometimes with certain translations as of late. Though I'm not the only person helping him out.

The big wall of text that he posted in one of the pastebin links that had a lot of junk around it is directly from the files, as believe me, it's a pain to try and read some of it and explain some words he's not understood to begin with.

Sylva and his friends have dug up other things, but while I trust them as I've been shown the raw files. I think that it's more of a problem of how much crap has been faked online about the game and the drama surrounding it, otherwise they might've released a few things by now. I know he's been more interested in trying to figure out how it all works together.

You're always welcome to send him a message, he does usually respond if he does understand what you mean. Doesn't hurt if you need more information, in my opinion, as he's been fairly open about interaction because he is aware of how much crap has gone around. One of the Reddit mods also apparently asked him in the first place to not try and claim anything as being true to begin with, this was back before the Royal release and before the trailers showed the game and Comrades content that confirmed what he had posted too.

I don't know if he'll ever find certain things I've asked him about, and Sylva has said the order of the game seems to have been moved around, there's more content for other stuff so far instead of what he had expected to come across. So, Sylva seems to be expecting recycling to happen as he has said repeatedly that it's weird to have not found anything for certain characters that are major in the current game, over finding this other stuff that seems to potentially be in line with DLC.

Sylva more or less commented that there's been a lot deleted, specifically cleaned out, but at the same time being unable to find anything of particular things I've personally asked him to look for in return for giving him a hand, he doesn't really know if they were ever actually done to begin with.

Someone on the Reddit server also brought up something interesting the other day which goes with something I asked Sylva to look for, and it's really making me wonder if it's the result of the same possibilities he mentioned. If it is though, it majorly sucks and I can't really understand why it would be that way.

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I assumed Loqi died in the magitek explosion when you confronted him. Yet, considering they have already retconned a chunk of the story with the Chapter 14 expansion and the various free story updates I wouldn't be surprised if Episode Aranea's main antagonist is Loqi. What would have been great if they had done that story line in the Assassin's festival and applied it to the main game. They could have even used that rendered scene of Umbra at the check point in Lestallum they've shown in early trailers. But that's never going to happen. It will be interesting if they do end up reusing scrapped content for the Episodes, such as Deathgaze being the final boss in Episode Aranea. God, I just want FFXV to be finished.

Edit: I forgot that Formouth Garrison could trigger at Chapter 8. For whatever reason I thought it was a Chapter 15 only event.

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I assumed Loqi died in the magitek explosion when you confronted him. Yet, considering they have already retconned a chunk of the story with the Chapter 14 expansion and the various free story updates I wouldn't be surprised if Episode Aranea's main antagonist is Loqi. What would have been great if they had done that story line in the Assassin's festival and applied it to the main game. They could have even used that rendered scene of Umbra at the check point in Lestallum they've shown in early trailers. But that's never going to happen. It will be interesting if they do end up reusing scrapped content for the Episodes, such as Deathgaze being the final boss in Episode Aranea. God, I just want FFXV to be finished.

Edit: I forgot that Formouth Garrison could trigger at Chapter 8. For whatever reason I thought it was a Chapter 15 only event.
It would be nice to have the checkpoint scenes returned, though given the involvement of Ravus with them in the old content I'm doubtful those will ever return, same with the Deathgaze due to censorship problems in regard to some of the Reapers.

They've shown in some of the dev stuff that they had to remove some of the skeletal enemies due to China's classifications board requirements. It would be cool, but I feel kind of doubtful about it.

Sylva also located what the Deathgaze was for originally, but I don't know if he found the text to go with it or not. I'll have to ask him now that this has been brought up again.

I would really like to know what's up some other stuff though. Ignis seems to have a massive chunk just missing in general.

Feb 19, 2018
I think the Versus fangroup on Facebook is keeping tabs on this thread.

Regarding the other Messengers, I always figured that if they ever wanted to create a more typical FF summon system they could do it via the Messengers, there's enough slots to fill with potential summons, hell Carbuncle already technically is since he's confirmed to be a Messenger.
Man, summoner Luna would be great if the messengers were utilized like that. It already seems to be her specialty combat wise so summoning different messengers for different types of attacks, buffs, or abilities would be pretty unique and fun. Maybe give her an attack meter that builds up over time and the more its filled the more powerful the summon is with the last one eventually just straight up being Bahamut. Those could be her attack summons that are triggered with triangle like Gladio's finishers and her utility based summons could be her tech bar stuff with each one in that category either giving her a buff or giving the enemies debuffs. would almost be like a fun combat oriented game of chess where you have to utilize your summons in a strategic manner to get the most damage in. I doubt they have something that intricate planned for her episode but it would be cool to see.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Man, summoner Luna would be great if the messengers were utilized like that. It already seems to be her specialty combat wise so summoning different messengers for different types of attacks, buffs, or abilities would be pretty unique and fun. Maybe give her an attack meter that builds up over time and the more its filled the more powerful the summon is with the last one eventually just straight up being Bahamut. Those could be her attack summons that are triggered with triangle like Gladio's finishers and her utility based summons could be her tech bar stuff with each one in that category either giving her a buff or giving the enemies debuffs. would almost be like a fun combat oriented game of chess where you have to utilize your summons in a strategic manner to get the most damage in. I doubt they have something that intricate planned for her episode but it would be cool to see.
that reads like the arcanist / summoner job in FFXIV, would be really cool.

edit:

some mods

wraith

gentiana's face for comrades

aracne gear

Mod showcase (august)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
hmm wait, i think Loqi dies on the Asscreed event

you fight him there again and his magitek gets destroyed (unless he fled again)
I don't think the Assassin's Creed Festival is canon because no one ever acknowledges it again after it's done or even really before it happens as sort of a hint that it's canon and idk where it would logically fit into the story. Similar to how in Assassin's Creed Origins Bayek never ever talks about Bahamut descending from the skies to pick up Ardyn to anyone else after it happens yet his fever dream with the giant serpent is apparently bizarre enough to bring up again multiple times.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I assumed that she would have a gauge meter linked to the Astrals too. It would be interesting if she was just a mage and used things like Aero, like the datamine stated. I have a feeling that she might use support magic like wall and regen, which along with the Bahamut summon, might be introduced into the main game. There was that option of new support magic in the survey.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
So i was thinking about EP. Noctis again and i just realized we could potentially get new techniques soley for him in it, i wouldn't even be shocked if there were more new warp skills in it too.

Interested in how they'll tackle the gameplay in that one.

EDIT: Damn typos

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
So i was thinking about EP. Noctis again and i just realized we could potebtially get new techniques soley from him in it,i wouldn't even be shocked if there were more new warp skills in it too.

Interested in how they'll tackle the gameplay in that one.
That's been one of my biggest hopes for Episode Noctis ever since it was announced. The possibility that they'll give us new techniques and gameplay mechanics for Noctis that can then carry over into the main game, maybe even a new base combat system for him that adds depth to his fighting style. I want Noctis' base fighting system to be more like Armiger unleashed where maybe the attacks aren't as flashy but he still has to pull off combos for maximum damage, maybe give him an air launching attack so he can then follow the enemy up there with his warp and juggle them, and magic casting without flasks would be amazing.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
All I'm hoping for Episode Noctis is the Omen trailer ending. Fighting Luna would reference Versus/ make that collective group that are still griping about Stella's inevitable fight with Noctis happy.
thats unlikely to happen since apparently the idea of Ep noctis is to bring a happy ending for everyone (unless there are multiple paths).

i would rather have an episode totally dedicated to Omen than a happy disney ending but it is what it is

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
That's been one of my biggest hopes for Episode Noctis ever since it was announced. The possibility that they'll give us new techniques and gameplay mechanics for Noctis that can then carry over into the main game, maybe even a new base combat system for him that adds depth to his fighting style.
A wishful thinking, but I'd really want that too (even though I no longer believe they would deliver on that front).
I had high hopes for Armiger Unleashed, but it turned out to be just a better limit break mechanic rather than a full fledged gameplay replacement to the base combat. But considering every major DLC piece introduced a brand new combat mechanic, I imagine they won't just transfer base Noctis without at least adding some quirks to his gameplay.