Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
It'll probably be something like King of Kings edition or just simply Complete edition for simplicity sake.

Regarding the 2019 DLC I'm wondering how they're gonna price it, I'm gonna guess it'll be the same price as the 2017 season pass. The 2019 DLC is called "The Dawn of the Future" so maybe that'll be the "complete edition" title too.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
It'll probably be something like King of Kings edition or just simply Complete edition for simplicity sake.

Regarding the 2019 DLC I'm wondering how they're gonna price it, I'm gonna guess it'll be the same price as the 2017 season pass. The 2019 DLC is called "The Dawn of the Future" so maybe that'll be the "complete edition" title too.
thats what i would say lol

mod update

Luna's hair for Comrades

Master Tonberry hood

Jester Prompto

Sephiroth costume for Noctis

Warrior of Light costume for Noctis

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
here's hoping they add a guest character invite option or a mod making it possible to cor, aranea and iris join the party whenever you want, as some already asked

btw that twitter has some dope photos
I couldn't see Iris being on call for whatever, but the other 2 possibly.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

pic from https://twitter.com/zodiac_88_

here's hoping they add a guest character invite option or a mod making it possible to cor, aranea and iris join the party whenever you want, as some already asked

btw that twitter has some dope photos

I always figured that once you reach chapter 8/ do chapter 15 stuff it should have had the option for that while you're in Lucis. Since "canon wise" Aranea is already joining your party randomly as far as the events of chapter 8 go. Though I wonder if guest party members not being able to die when they join had something to do with it, though they could just make it so guest party members do die. They even went to the trouble of having each guest member have unique equipment and weapons with unique descriptions.

Feb 19, 2018
Damn, not gonna lie adult Noct is rocking that Sephiroth getup. Honestly I'm surprised and disappointed that this game didn't have any really cool throwback costumes. Would've been easy to have some previous characters' outfits in there. Even more surprising was the fact that they opted to not include the buster sword or gun blade at all, despite having the far less iconic weapons of the series present. Could've easily made the gun blade a one handed sword (with some cosmetic explosion effects for each hit) while making the buster sword a two handed one. Oh well, guess that's what mods are for.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Damn, not gonna lie adult Noct is rocking that Sephiroth getup. Honestly I'm surprised and disappointed that this game didn't have any really cool throwback costumes.
I'm not disappointed at all. There were several throwback costumes in LR:FFXIII. FFXV paid its homage mainly through the car radio, so I'm fine with it.

Apr 13, 2018
I've been thinking about what title the Complete Edition should have.
I see CE as an empty name and not much the Square Enix style of making titles. So i've come with an idea:

Final Fantasy XV: Versus XIII Years.

Refering the life cicle of the game since it was announced till it's "completed" (which it is 13 years).
The Versus term it's used as a reference of how long this game has been struggling to exist, but how the developers and fans support allowed to see their vision fullfilled.

This way SE can have a marketing move to cause nostalgia with trailers showing what they/we have achieved during this time, having the old title in it's cover but in a way that gives meaning to the final game, FFXV.
Like telling "Final Fantasy XV, Our Journey".

What name would you give to the Complete Edition? Do you even care about it? xD
FFXV Ascension Edition?

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I think the TGS will have a FFXV Universe trailer focused in the Comrades update, The Tomb Raider collaboration and a main game update, all that being launched in the next days. Ending with a 5 seconds clip of E. Ardyn.

Then a couple of months after in the Game Awards we will have a date and price for the Season Pass.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Damn, not gonna lie adult Noct is rocking that Sephiroth getup. Honestly I'm surprised and disappointed that this game didn't have any really cool throwback costumes. Would've been easy to have some previous characters' outfits in there. Even more surprising was the fact that they opted to not include the buster sword or gun blade at all, despite having the far less iconic weapons of the series present. Could've easily made the gun blade a one handed sword (with some cosmetic explosion effects for each hit) while making the buster sword a two handed one. Oh well, guess that's what mods are for.
really surprised by the lack of cosmetic dlcs

its easy money, and giving the longevity of the game i thought they would be all in about them.

the cool thing is that we got some outfits for free (Noctis jacket, Magitek Suit, Asscreed...)

Feb 19, 2018
I'm not disappointed at all. There were several throwback costumes in LR:FFXIII. FFXV paid its homage mainly through the car radio, so I'm fine with it.
Yeah but LR:FFXIII isn't FFXV so that game's content really has no bearing on FFXV's and while the previous FF tunes are nice they're not same thing as fun cosmetic items which visually help break up the samey-ness of a game. I still remember how hyped people were over the Ragnarok blade simply because it gave you a red warpstrike and that was visually eye catching after playing with a blue one for months or how Iggy letting his hair down was a big deal because it brought something new to the table visually speaking. Plus the tunes don't play during battles and you're not gonna be using them during story missions. In addition to that FFXV's own music is good enough that you don't really need them, most of the time the game's own music is doing a really good job of keeping you immersed in the experience.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Yeah but LR:FFXIII isn't FFXV so that game's content really has no bearing on FFXV's and while the previous FF tunes are nice they're not same thing as fun cosmetic items which visually help break up the samey-ness of a game.
Cosmetic items millage is going to vary from person to person; especially if these said cosmetics were not for free. Newer Final Fantasy titles are unlikely to use the same copy paste methods of the prior title in order to pay homage to older titles. What you said about the older tracks is true, but they are still there none the less. If FFXV ended up with too many cosmetics that would have only fueled more the argument of "Why are the devs wasting their time on this when they should be fixing the game!" If you truly value such cosmetics, the PC version is probably best suited for you assuming the proper mods exist.

Feb 19, 2018
Cosmetic items millage is going to vary from person to person; especially if these said cosmetics were not for free. Newer Final Fantasy titles are unlikely to use the same copy paste methods of the prior title in order to pay homage to older titles. What you said about the older tracks is true, but they are still there none the less. If FFXV ended up with too many cosmetics that would have only fueled more the argument of "Why are the devs wasting their time on this when they should be fixing the game!" If you truly value such cosmetics, the PC version is probably best suited for you assuming the proper mods exist.
Yeah you're right that mileage on cosmetic items will vary from person to person but I still think it has more mileage overall than some throwback music tracks and while it's true some people will hate on them and use them to further arguments against FFXV I think it's pretty much guaranteed that if they really dislike the game they'll do so anyway. At this point you either like it or dislike it and there's no real changing that unless they completely remake the game from the ground up. Even now with the newer episodes which promise to add substantial content that fans themselves requested (well the Ardyn backstory, Niflheim perspective, and playable Luna at least) you can see people still criticizing the game so I doubt it truly matters whether or not if they throw in some low effort cosmetic items while they're at it.

Besides while mods are a nice alternative I play on console so I can't really take advantage of them and I don't think I'm alone in wanting some fun alternative looks that don't require me to switch platforms and rebuy the game as that's not really a worthwhile investment imo versus just some free or even paid cosmetics for a cheap price on the platform I'm already playing on. There's also no real rule book on how many times you can use a certain method to pay homage to previous titles and FFXV already has some cosmetic throwbacks with some of the weapons so it's not like they're against that method or have explicitly stated that they are. They just simply haven't used it as much and I would like them to use it more, no real harm or foul in that.