Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
The anthology manga volumes are done by various different artists, most of which are gag manga and some more serious, it's not canon per se, but it is officially sanctioned. I guess it falls into the same camp as A King's Tale does.
Honestly A King's Tale could easily be seen as canon since the only implied canon/real part of it is the fact that Regis is reading young Noct a bedtime story. Noct himself insists on Regis just making stuff up to which Regis obliges and spins a wacky tale to entertain Noctis. So Regis' adventure for all intents and purposes is treated like a made up story but I'd like to think the bedtime story stuff does actually exist within XV's canon timeline as it doesn't seem to contradict anything. I'm just desperate for any and all Noctis and Regis interaction so I'll take anything I can get. lol

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Honestly A King's Tale could easily be seen as canon since the only implied canon/real part of it is the fact that Regis is reading young Noct a bedtime story. Noct himself insists on Regis just making stuff up to which Regis obliges and spins a wacky tale to entertain Noctis. So Regis' adventure for all intents and purposes is treated like a made up story but I'd like to think the bedtime story stuff does actually exist within XV's canon timeline as it doesn't seem to contradict anything. I'm just desperate for any and all Noctis and Regis interaction so I'll take anything I can get. lol
True, and Comrades does have Cid and Weskham mention fighting Ultros, though some of the gag manga in the anthology volumes are 4th wall breaking to XV itself, like referencing Ignis's weird poses caused by bugs like him standing on the Chocobo.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I always thought they should have added Kings tale as a mini game within the main story.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016