Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Sorry, but... Is there a source for who designed who in XV/Versus XIII? Or is this the claim of someone's nebulous forum post? I like sources for things like this.
Gotta bring it up, there's some of the King's Tale involved staff in the community as fans, and there's been comments made with specific details so not all of it is to Ferrari.

Regis's hairstyle was one of these things that was singled out by one of the artists and animators for a design choice from them.

Also I'm real bad with names, but what was Mihara's full name again?
Roberto Ferrari mentioned on his facebook after being asked about if Nomura designed Ravus, Ferrari said no it was Mihara Nobuyoshi. The artwork of Ravus in the artbook is in the same exact artstyle and on the same page as the artwork of Iedolas, so I think it's safe to say that he also designed Iedolas as seen in this artwork.

Here's the exact quote of both the question and Ferrari's answer, they are in Italian, but even then he spelled Mihara's name with his Kanji too.

Carlo Di Benedetto said:
Stupendi, sia come design che come modelli... Ravus è di Nomura invece?

Google Translate: Stupendi, both as a design and as a model ... Ravus is by Nomura instead?
Bing Translate: Beautiful, both as design and as models... Is Ravus of Nomura instead?
Roberto Ferrari said:
No, è di un altro disegnatore bravissimo che ha lasciato il team nel 2012. Ora lavora per FFXIV il suo nome è 三原 庸嘉 さん(Mihara Nobuyoshi).

Google Translate: No, he's another very good designer who left the team in 2012. Now he works for FFXIV his name is 三原 庸嘉 さん(Mihara Nobuyoshi).
Bing Translate: No, it's another great designer who left the team in 2012. Now he works for FFXIV his name is 三原 庸嘉 さん(Mihara Nobuyoshi)
https://www.facebook.com/RobertoFerrariArt/photos/a.945240485548310/1224130330992656/?type=3&theater

Also to NoxFleuret, regarding Ferrari doing young Regis, Clarus and Cid.

In this Facebook post here
he posted some the characters we'd seen so far fir XV that he designed, which included Iris, Aranea, Cidney, Umbra, and then among them he included pics from A Kings Tale and circled Regis, Clarus and Cid as being his designs. When asked about young Regis and those other two "party" members that were circled being Ferrari's designs, he basically said "the characters are mine, but these specfic drawings are not.", and then goes on to say he only created the model sheet for the characters like he did with Aranea, Ardyn etc

https://www.facebook.com/RobertoFer...171138221909/1185170124888677/?type=3&theater

Diana Mercolini said:
Oooh ma quindi il design del giovane re Regis e due del suo "party" è tuo? Grande!! <3

Google translate: Oooh but then the design of the young king Regis and two of his "party" is yours? Great!!
Bing Translate: Oooh but then the design of the young king Regis and two of his "Party " is yours? Great!!
Roberto Ferrari said:
I personaggi sono miei ma quei disegni no. In poche parole ho fatto solo i model sheet come i disegni del post precedente di Aranea, Ardyn,etc..

Google translate: The characters are mine but those drawings do not. In a few words I only did the model sheets like the drawings of the previous post by Aranea, Ardyn, etc ..
Bing Translate: The characters are mine but those drawings are not. In A nutshell I made only the model sheet as the drawings of the previous post of Aranea, Ardyn, etc...

You mentioned one of the people on A Kings Tale changed Regis's hairstyle, which is not too surprising that there would be changes like that here and there, and I doubt that's the only change either.

But then there's also this artwork done during the countdown to FFXV's release, with Takashi Honjo drawing young Regis and crew, and their designs differ a bit from their A Kings Tale designs. Regis and Clarus's faces even look like in this artwork Honjo just used Noctis and Gladio's faces as a base and just drew over them and added details, Clarus's hair is also grey instead of dark brown. The design in A Kings Tale looks like a younger version of the 2013/2014 Clarus design, but then this artwork has Clarus's face looking like Gladio's.

Both A Kings Tale and this artwork by Honjo is supposed to be 30 years ago Regis, when he's 20, his hairstyle is different between the two of them too so there is some weird inconsistency going on with the young Regis, Clarus and Cid designs.

Valeny7

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2018
Sardinia, Italy
Mmh guys, mindfuck about Episode Ardyn.

We know that the DLC took place 30 years before the events of the main game..BUT.

30 years ago Niflheim empire "rescued" Ardyn from the prison (Angelgard probably) but he doesn't attack the city at this time, so just around 20 years before the events of the main game we meet Regis to fight against him (when Noctis is a infant, 3 years old)...
Young-Regis-Episode-Ignis-FFXV.png

In Episode Ignis there is the same Regis of Episode Ardyn so... Probably Noctis is already born and we'll see him in this Episode...?

Ziguehart

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 7, 2018
So guys just remember one thing about the Royal Edition update, Angelgard was not accessible but we do get a message telling we can go there later.
So you guys think in the Episode Ardyn we can finnaly acess the island in the main game, or is just a message about the encounter with Bahamut in Comrades?

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
So guys just remember one thing about the Royal Edition update, Angelgard was not accessible but we do get a message telling we can go there later.
So you guys think in the Episode Ardyn we can finnaly acess the island in the main game, or is just a message about the encounter with Bahamut in Comrades?
Is about Noctis sitting there 10 years.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
i've just remembered about this whole "abused kid luna" thing. ahh now im sad for episode being cancelled T__T
Well, think about it this way: given the AU nature of Episodes Luna and Noctis (and the stated desire to use said AU to create a perfect happy ending), there was no guarantee they would have gone back to that concept.

I just played another game that used an expansion to create an ending that gave every character the happiest ending possible, and all it really did is confirm my suspicion that we might have actually dodged a bullet. >_>;

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Well, think about it this way: given the AU nature of Episodes Luna and Noctis (and the stated desire to use said AU to create a perfect happy ending), there was no guarantee they would have gone back to that concept.

I just played another game that used an expansion to create an ending that gave every character the happiest ending possible, and all it really did is confirm my suspicion that we might have actually dodged a bullet. >_>;
yeah i know. a man can dream :') i just actually would like them to give us just the stuff that they showed and never explained eh...what game btw?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
For curiosity, what game it was?

cool shot of clarus from old trailer. i will never understand why they changed his design....
To make him more visually distinct from Regis.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
but he looked nothing like regis lol. not every guy with beard looks same :v and he was buffed while regis was rather...small
I confused him with Ideolas a lot of times and always saw him as a bad guy, like he was going to betray Regis at any moment (some leaks/theories talked about this).

At the end he's just a random bald guy that sees his body turn in shees kebab. And if you pay atention, turns out to be Gladio's father.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
For curiosity, what game it was?
I'll split my answer into two spoiler boxes, because the question makes the answer itself sort of spoilery, but it'd be better to allow for a separate decision to look at the details. XD

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronicle

I never actually played the game in its original form, but the expanded version allowed me to hold off on the added material until the end.

So, in the original version, the royalty of a certain country developed this ritual that needs to be performed to keep the world from turning into sand.

Said ritual involves two people: a caster and a Sacrifice. The Sacrifice is killed and has their soul replaced with half of the caster's soul, which they then have to prepare before the ritual can take place. Once the soul is prepared, the Sacrifice has to return it to the caster, sacrificing their life in the process.

The main villain is a Sacrifice who refused to serve his role. The protagonist, who turns out to be a relative of the main villain, was chosen as a Sacrifice in his place. The main villain, infuriated by the idea that the world's survival is conditioned on the sacrifice of innocent people (namely, himself and his relative), decides that such a world doesn't deserve to survive, so he decides to make sure the world turns to sand instead. However... he still cares enough about the protagonist to want to convince him to agree to the plan before actually carrying it out.

Fortunately for the world, the main villain accidentally puts the protagonist in a position where he gains the kind of relationships that would motivate him to give his life to save them. At the end of the game, they fight the main villain and perform the ritual.

In the complete ending, however, it's revealed that the main character survived the ritual... because his willingness to give everything gave the main villain the motivation to sacrifice himself for the protagonist (in a particularly epic and awesome way, at that!).

Unfortunately, while this ending would have felt fully complete on its own, the expanded version of the game undercut that by replacing a proper end credits sequence with a scene offering another possibility. Said other possibility involves using "potential worlds" to convert literally every villain in the game (no matter how nasty) into a good guy (and save almost all of their lives in the process), save the main villain from his sacrifice so his powers can be used against the new final boss, save the new character after she decided (completely unnecessarily) to remain behind after the new final boss was defeated because she cared about the person who had been turned into said final boss, and save the person who had been turned into the final boss after taking it out. Then, to top it all off, the main character -- whose character arc was to gain the willingness to sacrifice himself for others -- says something to the effect that victory should never require sacrifice.

That is, like, exactly the sort of thing that made me nervous about the Dawn of the Future concept.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
cool shot of clarus from old trailer. i will never understand why they changed his design....
Changing the designs of team Lucis is one of the worst things that happened to the game's world with its shift in direction, imo.

The fact that Insomnia was supposed to be the only fully developed modern city in the world supported the fact that the royal family and their entourage would dress in formal suits. Also, the face-off between white robes and black suits looked badass as heck.

The change to the generic robes and royal attires was too radical and clashed with Insomnia's general feel too much. Not to mention that silly cape/shoulderpad thing they added for Regis and Noctis's suits.

Last edited: