Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The Kingsglaive was created 15 years later according to official information, so its weird seeing them around, it is a retcon.

having said that, im glad they're closing the journey with Insomnia which is so symbolic to the game plus more of Regis, it just feels right. It works as a mix of some of the stuff I personally wanted for new content, now to see if its going to be short...

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I've read that some theorize that those Glaive we see in the trailer may have been the Crownsguard before the making of Kingsglaive was official, of course the outfits there may throw a wrench into that one. So whether its a retcon or an additional plot point remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Episode Ardyn could start 30 years ago when he's freed , but his visit to Insomnia can still happen some years after that, when Noctis is a child ( i'm sure this episode will trigger the Platinum Demo and Comrades events).

Also in the trailer we see the Fierce statue(Mace Guy) around the Kingsglaive, so we may be defeating the 3 Kings we fought in the Royal Edition, justifying their appearance.

If E. Ardyn is ment to cover all this plot points, do you thing we will get his fight against Shiva and summoning of Ifrit before he goes to Insomnia? I could exchange some explorable Insomnia if storywise adresses all this.

Damn i hope we can access this episode during the revelation of Bahamuth...

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I've read that some theorize that those Glaive we see in the trailer may have been the Crownsguard before the making of Kingsglaive was official, of course the outfits there may throw a wrench into that one. So whether its a retcon or an additional plot point remains to be seen.
Sylva said there's mention of the Crownsguard and other information in being prior to the Kingsglaive. I showed him a timeline, there seems to be a retcon of something else, but waiting to see if it's actually going to be included or not.

And @Bazztek thank you for the all the information.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
The Kingsglaive was created 15 years later according to official information, so its weird seeing them around, it is a retcon.

having said that, im glad they're closing the journey with Insomnia which is so symbolic to the game plus more of Regis, it just feels right. It works as a mix of some of the stuff I personally wanted for new content, now to see if its going to be short...
It looks like it's taking place in a few different time periods and not just 30 years ago. Since obviously the scenes with Somnus wouldn't be 30 years ago. It's more likely that the interactions with Regis and the Kingsglaive happens 15 years ago given that is when the KG were formed and Regis looks the age he was around that time.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Sylva said there's mention of the Crownsguard and other information in being prior to the Kingsglaive.
The guards I mentioned earlier are also seen in the Ep Ardyn trailer as enemies, and they use Shields like Gladio does.

Same dudes

Btw these same guards were also the ones laying unconscious on the ground in the 2013 Gameplay trailer and had shields back then too. You can see them here laying around.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
A thought, based on the enemies we've seen so far from Episode Ardyn (ie. Crownsguard and proto-Kingsglaive):

Given that LumiPro doesn't seem to have any concern that slaughtering human enemies en masse might affect the game's rating, can we now presume that the Imperial soldiers became MTs for a reason other than censorship? =P

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
The last bit of this gif gives me Infamous vibes lel

A thought, based on the enemies we've seen so far from Episode Ardyn (ie. Crownsguard and proto-Kingsglaive):

Given that LumiPro doesn't seem to have any concern that slaughtering human enemies en masse might affect the game's rating, can we now presume that the Imperial soldiers became MTs for a reason other than censorship? =P
I can't believe I just noticed. o_O

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
would be boring considering its just a reskin of an existing sword, give me his scythe or hat.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we get young Somnus costume. It could look good on Noctis.
Maybe Ardyn has an alternate costume for his flashbacks and we get it.

At least i would like to get Regis costume or Noctis Royal attire without the complements.

Have I said i want costumes?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
would be boring considering its just a reskin of an existing sword, give me his scythe or hat.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the Scythe, as well as a version of Ardyn's clothes as a combined reward together or one of them, but I doubt it.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
would be boring considering its just a reskin of an existing sword, give me his scythe or hat.
Maybe we get young Somnus costume. It could look good on Noctis.
Maybe Ardyn has an alternate costume for his flashbacks and we get it.

At least i would like to get Regis costume or Noctis Royal attire without the complements.

Have I said i want costumes?[/QUOTE]
damn having somnus costume would be dope.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Has Square Enix Destroyed their Consumer Trust with Final Fantasy XV?

Yes yes they did, they obliterated it, they nuked it, they man-slaughtered it
Well, this post came out of no where...
Is this spam for views? I've only heard hate from this guy in older videos so i'm not gonna spend any second in this one.

If it's a genuine question:
I will trust at the director of each project.
I don't consider Square Enix higher ups evil. They green light really cool projects and they give time and budget for each thing. I don't remember any case where their influence have ruined a game.

Each title is the result of it's developers and the results that we got are strongly tied at the strenght and weakness of each team.

Last edited: